1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

(((THINKING ABOUT A KOLAR/ BEST PLACE TO BUY )))

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by threedeuces, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I was thinking about getting me a Kolar Max T/A or should I head another direction.I was wondering what everyone thinks about them. I will be buying a new combo Tuesday. It could be a K or a K or a P.
    I need to know where the best dealer for them would be.
    thank in advance

2. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

I bought a new Kolar T/A combo a few months ago, and I am delighted with the outcome. My scores are markedly better than what I get with several other guns, the Kolar has much less recoil than anything I have ever shot (which I think is a matter of gun fit and Kolar's superb stock design), and the people at the factory couldn't be more helpful in making sure the gun fit me correctly and that I was satisfied with the result.

As to dealers, I don't think you'll find a significant variation in price from dealer to dealer. I suggest you find someone nearby (or someone who will ship you a trial gun) so that you can try the gun out and confirm that it works well for you. That process will also give you some information which will be helpful in determining which of the many stocks they offer is best for you. You can then ask the factory to send your gun with an unfinished stock in the size you select, which will allow you to try it out and ask for minor adjustments before the stock is checkered, finished and finally inlet.

Try it - you'll like it. I sure do.

Ted K.

3. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

You have a new dealer on here from Kentucky with inventory.
    I have met this gentleman , just married.
    Give him a try.

Joe Woods/Ontario

4. RAScott

RAScott Member

Try trap shooter 2000 he has N.I.B. kolars. I own a TA and im very happy with it. The gun performs very well. Get the stock foitted to you , you are buying a great gun have the stock fitted to you and theyu also offer 6 different stock dimentions.
    Bob S

5. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Call Aaron Willoughby regarding a new Kolar Max Ta. He has some featured on this site now. His number is 606-481-0955. Very nice man and will be of help to you on the Kolar's. Hope this helps, Roy A. Morton

6. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

BOB SCHULTZ is also a great place to buy from, he stands behind what he sales!! Target Shotguns He also sponsors this website...TS.com!!!

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Throw Pet McCall onto the list. Buy from a trapshooter.

Don

8. rrrocketman

rrrocketman Member

Bob Schultz!!!!!!!!! Awesome dude!!!

Rich Redovian Cody, WY

9. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I second Pete McCall,,,have met him and sat at the fish fry at the NC State Shoot with him,,,,,Top notch

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

I know Pete McCall, Bob Schultz and Aaron Willoughby . You cannot go wrong with any of these. Two of them are AAA 27 AAA shooters and the one who now isn't, was one of the top shooters in the country before he lost vision in one eye.

Pat Ireland

11. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Pete McCall would be my choice. I speak to him from time to time, just to keep in touch. He always makes time for you. A great guy and a great man with whom to9 do business.

12. ramen39

ramen39 Member

Is Indiana Gun Club still A dealer in new Kolars?

13. Straight99

Straight99 Member

Right from Kolar, at the factory. Set up an appointment.

14. Kolar 309 - 2

Kolar 309 - 2 Member

I agree with 99 go right to factry are at the Grand . Jeff will spend all the time it takes to fit you with right stock and watch you shoot it until it's right. The dealers mentioned are all good guy's and good shooters but can't give you the kind of service that the Kolar people can, with the dealers you buy what they have- with Kolar you buy what is right for you. Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.