1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Think we have a lot of illegals now?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by likes-to-shoot, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Looks like Uncle Obama is opening the door!

2. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

If you shot every illegal in the head, then maybe they would not want to come here. It pisses me off, that our government will not do its job of securing our borders. If I lived on the border, I would dig a large hole with a D9 CAT and every one of those SOB's coming onto my land would never be heard from again.

Or better yet, just treat them the way Mexico treats THEIR illegal border crossers.

Illegals are a DRAIN on resources that could be used for AMERICAN citizens!!!!

KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!

Oscar Ray

3. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

This country has seen it`s hay day in the 30`sthru the 50`s and now it`s a burden on society as stated above . The government will not change the rules or close the borders but just add more dollars to these people coming in to thrive off of our great nation .

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Actually, The Presidents uncle has a court appearance today on his DUI charge. Where do think that will fall? Absolute disgrace what's going on in this Country of ours. Gos save America.

5. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Many illegals will wind up voting(due to the "ya don't have to prove nothin" lax voting enforcememt! Hussien Obamy wants them votes!!!!!!

6. copper

copper Member

We are being used for free school and medical and jobs a lot use services and then go back. There are a lot on here that hire these people for the cheap help under the BS that no US help to be had maybe they should do some of there own work for a change.

7. oz

oz Active Member

they are not coming here for jobs......most of the good jobs (USA) are IN mexico.. They come here for the free (entitlements) stuff. oz

8. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Oscar Ray? I'll just bet that you are a card carringy Christian? I can tell by your love for your fellow man!

blade819

9. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Stone Wall Jackson was a VERY christian man. He was quoted as saying......"kill the yankee invader.....kill them all". He used the bible to justify his opinion. If the man had lived there would be no United States.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Oscar Ray,

Tell us how you really feel, I'll run that D-9 on the second shift ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

While it's true that illegal immigrants to the US do use government services, it is not true that they are mostly criminals, etc. They mostly come for jobs that American workers would do for more pay. The difference between what an illegal gets paid, less, and a "legal" gets paid, more, is a subsidy to the US economy. That number never shows up in the "benefit" side of the equations when people talk about illegals.

It's also true that illegals pay taxes. Sales taxes, real-estate taxes either directly or through rent payments, SS using phony numbers, etc.

12. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

I plead the fifth!

Harry

13. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Traders, how do you figure it is a subsidy to the US economy? The illegal sends most of his money home, he does not pay taxes in a lot of cases and he sucks up free medical care. The illegal is a subsidy to the employer but a drain on the US economy.

14. likes-to-shoot

ILLEGAL...Doesn't the name itself say that if you are engaged in a ILLEGAL activity such as being in this country ILLEGALLY you would be classified as a "criminal"?

The taxes you so proudly brag of doesn't even begin to cover expenses they inflict on our society!!! The only other personnel getting away with crimes that are inflicting financial and social harm to OUR country are the people that are hiring them for their own personal greed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The SS payments to illegal numbers will screw up the real owners SS. Some people have had to wait years until the mess the ILLEGALS have caused to their retirement funds.

15. Traders

slowdp--Immigrants, both legal and illegal have always sent money back to their home country. We as a society have never objected to that. At the same time, "most of the money" they earn is spent here for living expenses. That has certainly been true with the illegals that I have know.

The issue of medical care is an interesting one. If you talk to people in the medical profession, you will find that except for emergency room and hospital birth services, there is very little use of American health care by illegals. These cost are not insignificant but my guess is are relatively small compared to the total health care budget.

The difference between what an illegal and a legal get paid is a subsidy to the US economy. You may think of it as only a "subsidy to the employer", but it is really no different that any other expense the employer incurs. If the employer's expenses go down, he makes more money. If you believe in competitive capitalism, than you have to believe that the reduced cost of production equates to a reduced selling price.

I believe that it is because of this subsidy that we as a nation find it so hard to stop illegals from coming. A very large segment of our population believes that they benefit either directly or indirectly from the lower wages that illegals are paid. If the Soviet Union could control an approximately 2000 mile long border for over 50 years, we could, if we really wanted to control our much shorter border with Mexico. I don't think we, as a nation, really want to.

likes-to-shoot: Of course illegals are criminals. I never suggested they weren't. I never bragged about the taxes that illegals paid. I merely said they did. You have jumped to some conclusion that were not stated.

If you read my comments to slowdp you will note that even though you believe that illegals don't "even begin to cover expenses they inflict on our society", I believe that more people believe that there is more good to be had from illegals than bad. If that weren't true, we would have closed our borders long ago. How else can you explain our inability to do so.

i have heard of people having trouble with SS payments but not because too much was paid in, which is what happens when a legal and illegal pay into the same account. Have you heard of this being a problem?

As an aside comment, anger rarely convinced anyone.

16. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

I think we all agree the US will someday fail if it continues on the road it is on. No person, company or nation can spend 65% more than it take in year over year and survive indefinitely. 40% of every dollar the government spends is borrowed (or newly printed) money.

We all post complaints about overspending but we do not post solutions to the problem. You see what Greece is being ask to cut in the first post. Where should the US government cut in order to balance out budget far enough to money left to pay own the debt?

I am trying to find the answers. We bitch about congress spending needlessly. Can you tell them where to cut? We need to give them places to start. They need a direction. Can you list real solutions to the ever growing problem.

17. likes-to-shoot

Traders........"If you read my comments to slowdp you will note that even though you believe that illegals don't "even begin to cover expenses they inflict on our society", I believe that more people believe that there is more good to be had from illegals than bad. If that weren't true, we would have closed our borders long ago. How else can you explain our inability to do so."

My guess would be that lobbyist have a greater influence (with money changing hands) on our leaders than they should have. The problems I've heard about with SS is that the rightful owner of the number can not draw any SS until the account is straightened out, not with the amount of money in it. With our efficient government you know how long that can take sometimes.

Slowdp.. I am trying to find the answers. We bitch about congress spending needlessly. Can you tell them where to cut? We need to give them places to start. They need a direction. Can you list real solutions to the ever growing problem."

My guess to that statement would be everyone wants cuts as long as it doesn't affect them personally. Congressman and citizens alike.

In order to get out of this mess we are in it's going to take sacrifices from all of us. Another thing we have to watch out for is being dragged down by another country's economic failure.

My opinion respectfully submitted...Bill

18. Traders

slowdp/likes-to-shoot--I think I have some suggestions about cutting the deficit, although they have little to do with illegal immigration.

Many on this site seem to believe that the current economic difficulties are exclusively related to the current administration in Washington and that nothing the federal government does is right. "If the Federal government would just get out of the way, everything would be fine." I think those conclusions are incorrect, but I don't want to get in an argument about it. Essentially, I believe that we got into our current problems over a very long period of time, perhaps 50 years, and the "cure" may be politically almost impossible. We may well be in for a long period of economic downturn and political unrest.

One comment I will make is that a large percentage of the leadership in Congress is terrible, primarily because we tend not elect leaders who will tell us what they really believe. Effectively, if they want to get elected, they have to lie. Additionally, because of the electoral system, bribery is legal. Lobbyist can give money to Congressman in return for "favorable" legislation.

19. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Traders - I agree with everything you said. Give us specifics as to how to get the budget balanced. The Stuper Committee cannot do it. Can we?

20. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

There only here look for work, they wouldn't harm anybody.
    toolmaker251_2008_030364.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.