1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Think religion, Easter is coming...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wireguy, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Interesting. Never heard that's what the eye of the needle referred to. I would say Jesus does have a problem with people who get their wealth through fraud, theft and corruption. You know, like unions.

2. Guy

Guy Member

I don't care what you believe.....it's OK.....but you need to keep it to yourself. It's people like you that feel the need to tell everyone else the truth....your truth.....and on a trapshooting site no less....how typical.....and now you feel so good that you, what, did your part? Just like other religions, you people just like telling others what is.....and the killing goes on.
    I get it....it's a metaphor, right?

3. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Thanks Rpeerless, you got it right, Easter is all about Jesus giving his life, so we can have eternal life with him, If we accept it.WGH i will say a prayer for you. Joe

4. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Hoping all of us who believe have a wonderful Easter. BUT !!!! don't look for the bunnie eggs...........
    [​IMG]

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I agree with you wireguy but I was thinking of Enron and Bernie Maydoff.

6. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

Thanks rpeerless, I appreciate your post. I enjoyed reading it. Don't let anyone discourage you.

Happy Easter!

Allen

7. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

WGH, the man did not hurt anything stating his opinion. He didn't attack anyone. If anything he told a flip side of what is commonly thought. Honest earned wages are not wrong. I have never seen rpeerless bash anyone for their opinion. Sorry you are upset, but please try to relax a little. This is mostly a social site, no one really wants to crimp anyone else's style. Have a great day, I hope you shoot your next round straight!

8. Guy

Guy Member

Get a life? Get out of your face? Intolerent and undiverse? Reunited with my dead dog? You don't know anything about me, or what I believe.

But I know you always think it's OK, especially innocent, somehow required, and always righteous to throw your religious spin out there. Arrogance, I say.

Do you think the world would be a better place if everyone kept their religion to themselves?

9. porky

porky TS Member

I always understood the "eye of a needle" to mean a passage way (gateway)through the inner wall of Jerusalem. A armed soldier couldn't pass through the passage way because it was designed so that an armed soldier had to remove his armor to pass through the narrow and winding passage way. Soldiers were generally thin, wealthy people usually had a little extra girth and thereby couldn't pass through the narrow passageway easily, if at all.

10. Guy

Guy Member

You didn't answer the question.

11. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Easter reminder, rpeerless.

WGH, chill out will ya, put down the double espresso!

Read Matt. 10:34....

You fulfill what Christ was talking about by your rant.

Have a Great Day.

12. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

A camel can walk through the eye of a needle (a sewing needle?) before a rich man can enter the kingdom of heaven. I believe the meaning most people favor is, "You can't take it with you when you go."

Happy Easter everyone.

BB

13. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone peed in WGH's Corn Flakes this morning!

14. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I never got the "Happy" in Happy Easter.

Happy New Year....yes....but Happy Easter.....duh

Would Jesus say "Happy Easter"?

That's like you hear, have a Happy Holiday, on Memorial Day.

To most they are "happy" because they are getting a day off and getting paid for it.

15. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Some people just love to hear themselves bitch and moan. It's a "off topic" site, but still some need to whine and cry for attention. Makes them feel "really important" and special.

16. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

221, Believers are happy because they are celebrating that they have been saved. Have a happy Easter! You too WGH.

17. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

The above link has some interesting information about the "Eye of the Needle". Perhaps some will find it interesting.

Allen

18. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

221...Jesus (our savior)was raised on this day, an excellent reason for people to say Happy Easter.

BB

19. Guy

Guy Member

Nobody wants to answer, huh?

Arrogance again.....and the killing goes on.

Muslims. Jews. Christians. I about tired of all of them (like Democrats and Republicans).....arrogant, condescending, righteous, superior, and extremely defensive.

I've already said you can be what you want. It's OK. Just stop rubbing my nose in it. Like many of us, I've spent most of my life "going along" because it was easy, and didn't go against anyone. Thanksgiving. Easter. Christmas. Yom Kippur. Whatever. But I've decided not to stand by and watch as others continue to take advantage of situations, conditions, opportunities, and political (religious) correctness as they spout their "innocent" babble like everybody should just nod their heads in agreement. It's all so obvious and simple to you, right?

Yours may tell you that you have a obligation to speak out.....mine says keep it to yourself.....now I ask you again.....which would be better for the world?

Oh? But you won't be saved.....you need to.....and so it goes.

20. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Setterman,

<EM>"Believers are happy because they are celebrating that they have been saved. Have a happy Easter!"</EM>

Okay sounds good, just what have we been saved from? Seems the saved ones will have to wait for the big battle, I'm ready, the sooner we get at it the better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.