1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

THINGS THAT ONLY HAPPEN TO US SHOOTERS!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    here our some observations i have made over the past 38 years of shooting.

1. have you ever picked up a gun that was for sale, shot it on the practice trap, could not miss with it. once you paid for it, the magic was gone, and you broke a poor score? why is that?

2. everytime i think i have this game mastered, i start having trouble with a certain target, that i usually previously never had trouble hitting before.

3. you break a great score, you say to yourself i will never sell this gun, next weekend, you can't shoot the same gun for love or money? what has happened to this gun that sat in a gun case for 1 week?

4. when you have extra money, you can not find a gun to purchase?

5. when you are broke, some great guns are up for sale, at a great prices?

6. you wait all year to shoot your state shoot. you walk to the line to see one of your squad mates is probably the biggest jerk at your club.

7. you ask shooters if they have a certain gun for sale, to be told "i just sold one in mint condition" for half the price you were willing to spend?

8. you have saved up for a certain gun, have the money, looking for that certain magic wand, then either something breaks at home, or your car breaks down. there goes your money for your new gun.

9. see a gun for sale at the gun club, start thinking about it at work, rush to the club after work and it was just sold, maybe to someone that you just can't stand?

10. go out to the gun club, your shooting friends are not there. go home, look at the shooters calender of events, and there was a major shoot going on at another club and you forgot about it.

steve balistreri

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Murphy's Law. What can happen, will happen.

3. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Yup, to all of them. Good post Steve. Richard

4. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

You shoot a good score on a day that the top shooters have struggled and as you reach for the trophy find out your still second best!

The condtions are perfect for you and you shoot really bad.

then turn around on a day that "if I had not marked my calendar as this is the only day in months that I will be able to shoot" and as bad as the weather is do a personal best.

Just last week when you were saying I never shot this bad before, and some old guy said don't worry you'll shot worse someday, and you have just found out he was right!

After you've spent an hour at the state shoot worrying about that jerk shooting on your squad, you find out that you miss read your receipt and you now have five minutes to get to the other end of the trap line and shoot!

You decided you didn't need your back up gun and left it home, but when you open your case it is your back up gun or worse not even a trap gun!

Al

5. mredburn

mredburn TS Member

1-you go to a state summer championship shoot and tie for handycap yardage and they disqualify you because they forgot you were setting doubles for them. 2- you donate time material and money to the club for improvements and they dedicate the new bathrooms to as a memorial to you and your not dead. 3-You take your shot and your shorts fall down around your ankles. 4- Your 74 straight and you open the gun after that 74th shot and the ejector on your gun goes flying out onto the ground behind you. gotta love it. Mike

6. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Always remember---Runner-up=First loser! My favorite, At the grand, as a newbie, going the wrong way looking for your starting trap and not discovering the error until your almost late for your squad. And we thought it was a long way at Vandalia, think about that error happening at Sparta.

Steve, You have too much time on your hands! But only a shooter, in our age frame, can understand that these problems actually do exist!

Big Jack

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

SS:Why don't you just post all your questions at once instead starting a new thread every 5 minutes.

Don

8. senior smoke

BIG JACK AND DON:
    MY VACATION IS OVER!! GO BACK TO WORK MONDAY. I THINK I MIGHT HOLD THE NEW RECORD FOR NEW THREADS IN 1 WEEK. I AM CLOSE TO BEING ALL QUESTIONED OUT!!!
    TAKE CARE,
    STEVE BALISTRERI

9. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

You would never have these issues/problems if you would stop hanging around Luther and taking his advice..........

10. senior smoke

scrather- are you talking about "the southern gentleman shooter?
    steve balistreri

11. Big Az Al

I don't know I was thinking that someone on one of these message boards needed to start a thread that we could vent some of our gaffs fruastrations and have some fun with.

So don't ya all be shy I know there's more out there, HELP OUT A LITTLE PLEASE, this could be an all time calssic with a little help

Al

12. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

been there,done that.

13. Big Az Al

I counted 20 things that only happen to us shooters.........

I guess we really have it made

Al

14. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

None of this has happened to me of course..........

The urgent need to pee hits just as the first bird is thrown on your squad.

You realize you left your ear protection in the car just as the first shot is fired on your squad.

You proudly show up at the gun club with the gun you've been saving for over a year. The first buddy you show it to says, oh yeh I had one of those when they first came out, had to sell it cause it fell apart after 3 thousand rounds. Shot pretty good thou if you could handle the massive recoil and the heavy trigger.

The tons of reloading supplies you have horded in the garage are your savings and 401k account.

You finally get the perfect color and style shooting glasses that give you such a great advantage you just can't miss. It's like brand new eyes have been transplanted, you just can't believe you've struggled so long with your old crappy glasses. Somehow you break the new perfect glasses leaving the motel room the first morning of the State shoot.

You've been shooting great at the club for the past month or two, all your buddies are excitedly waiting for you at the Regionals telling everyone in sight that you are going to win it all. Everyone slaps you on the back with "go get em tiger make us proud". As you walk out on the field you strangely feel like a condemned man with the electic chair waiting, your legs get rubbery and your gun feels very heavy. Your hands are shaking so bad you drop two shells and barely get one in the barrel. Ok, settle down you tell yourself, pull somehow gets out of your throat sounding like a teenager going thru the voice change. The first asprin sized bird tears out of the house at mach 3 like a F16 in full afterburner and you shoot 20 feet behind it. The miss is bad enough but your shotgun seems to kick so hard you think someone put c4 in there instead of greendot. The next shot is worse as you flinch so bad people are laughing about it in the parking lot. While you're trying to clear the tears out of your eyes you glance back and see your buddies with this incredible look of disapointment on their faces. The rest of the shoot is a blur, once you finally get home for some comfort your wife laughs her ass off at you.

You check 3 times and know you are on squad 3 at trap 43 but as time to shoot rolls around you realize you are sitting at trap 3 with squad 43 on the wrong end of the range.

You've just shot the best score of your life so your grab your wife from the club house and proudly strut up to the scoreboard to show her. She points out that your great score has been beaten by a 84 year old senior vet lady, a one armed wheelchair shooter, an 11 year old girl, and a diabetic blind senior vet on oxygen. Them dammed 8's you think, I knew I should have loaded 7 1/2's, I ain't never shooting here again, too many sandbaggers. The wife laughs her ass off at you again.

15. biff

biff Active Member

You're on the line to shoot and your first shoot is so loud it scares you as the rest of the squad are all staring at you. You realize you didn't have your ear plugs in so you put them in and the next shot is like a dud and you miss that target also, but the next shot almost knocks you down; you look at the shell box and it has a big question mark and says "Practice, unknown loads". You are only parked 1/4 mile away because it's the state shoot!

Today, you know you are going to break 100! You shot nothing but 25's in practice. You miss the very first target and have NO idea how you missed it!

You trade back for THE gun you know you should have never gotten rid of and end up paying more for it than you sold it for only to find out now that you can't shoot it and your scores are the lowest you ever shot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.