Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

THINGS THAT HAPPEN WHILE SHOOTING TOURNAMENTS

12K views 76 replies 46 participants last post by  senior smoke 
#1 ·
HELLO:
i started thinking about some wierd things that have happened on squads that i have been on over the years while shooting tournaments.

1. while shooting at the milwaukee gun club years ago we saw a guy in a wet suit on a surf board with a sail attached. the wind picked up and we no longer saw him. on the final trap, he washed up on shore almost drowned, and we had to stop shooting and call the rescue squad. during the same round a man starts flying a kite in the shot drop zone to the left of staion. a shooter on the squad with a known hot temper ask him to move and he would not. he shot his kite down, and the police were called.

2. at the waukesha state shoot one year, we are ready to toe the line and a parachutist lands in the line of fire.

3. the night before a shoot i went to a mexican resturant and ate a quart of refried beans. the next morning i was not feeling so good. i happened to be squaded with three wta hall of famers, myself and the club resident insaneo. as the insaneo is ready to shoot, noises started coming out of me. the hall of famers started laughing so hard they had to lean on their guns. the club nut, looked at me and accused me of trying to screw him up.

4. i started to gain weight and my bob allen shooting vest was to small. i had my wife replace the metal hooking device with a big button. in the first 25 of the state 16 yd, i am ready to pull the trigger and my button explodes of my vest causing me to shoot over my target.

5. i am 70 straight in the 16 yd event, i am on station 4, a husband on station 3, and his wife on station 5 start talking to one another, with me in the middle. they took one step forward of the 16 yd line and faced one another while i was shooting.

6. my best friend Luther has a remington 31 tc 4 sale in the rack at the state shoot. we are shooting our 3rd round and in the middle of it, a guy stops the squad and ask luther what is the best price he will take for the gun? i started yelling at the guy, and luther tells him the price and he gives luther the cash right on the line. luther and i miss our next target out. years later i met that non shooter out at the club. we became friends.

7.i could not sleep the night before the state shoot. we had 4 friends shooting the first event. the guy who filled the squad had to be in his upper 80's or lower ninetys. he shot a model 12, and he did not have the strength to keep on holding the gun after he shot his target. so he bent over and placed the gun on the grass after every shot. when it was his time to shoot, he would slowly bend over and mount the gun and call pull. this took about 45 seconds each time it was his time to shoot. mysteriously, all of our guns broke down during this round and we had to resquad.

8. i am 50 targets straight ready to step to the line for my 3rd round. a friend of mine stops me and ask if he could shoulder my model 12. i let him shoulder the gun. i call for my first target, i hear lost. my friend put the safety on. he swears it was not intentional.

9. my friend luther is 99 straight at the state shoot on the 2nd hundred on saturday. the target comes out and he smashed the target so hard, the smoke was the size of a garbage can lid. a friend of our yells broken target. no one saw the broken target but that guy who yelled no target, so the puller said broken target too, not to look bad. my friend calls pull again and we hear lost.
all heck broke loose after that.

10. a friend's perazzi release trigger broke down, so he stops the squad to get a different trigger. a few shots later, that trigger breaks too. he stops the squad again to get a different gun. the first shot he took, the trigger falls out of the gun, and the adjustable comb falls to the ground too.

if you have any wierd things that have happened on your squad while shooting, please write.

state balistreri

See less See more
#77 ·
kgunner- you and i could team up and write a book just on fights at the gun club between, shooters, angry wifes and girlfriends etc. you have been in this sport even longer than myself. tell the readers about some of your memorable shoots at iowa with your wife.
steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.