1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thin Wall Choke Tubes ??????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sporting1, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sporting1

Sporting1 TS Member

I am thinking about having thin wall tubes installed on my gun. I shoot mostly sporting clays and I think it's time to have more options with the chokes. The gun is fixed mod/full.
    I've read some negative comments about Briley on here lately and was wondering if they're still the best to do this type of work. Is Seminole a good choice? Is there anyone else to consider?
    Thanks for the help.

2. tp

tp TS Member

Briley just installed thin wall tubes on my Perazzi. This is the fourth or fifth set of barrels they have done for me, all were excellent workmanship and results. There have been some bad experiences posted here about Briley, I have never had a problem with them.

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I had a Briley "thinwall" system put in my '65 Superposed Broadway. This was a few years back, no regrets, made the Broadway a much more flexible firearm.
    At the time, Briley did not offer extended tubes, but I'd opt for them today if they are.

Great idea to get that fixed-choke gun shooting again!
    Jay

4. Sporting1

Sporting1 TS Member

Thanks for the quick replies. This is the best site for shotgun questions!

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Consider Carlson's in Atwood, KS.

More reasonable pricing than Briley, and faster turn around. Quality workmanship.

Click on their "CUSTOMER SERVICE" menu and select "Installation" for pricing.

Tim

6. magic

magic Member

Briley.....the system that is the standard. Stu Wright @ www.wrightsgunsmiths.com can put the briley system in for you and charges alot less. He also makes extended tubes for the briley systems.

JASON

7. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

My understanding is that anyone can cut the tube but only Briley can cut the barrel.

Take care,

Jim

8. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Poster... you mentioned Seminole... I don't think they do thin wall installations. Briley has been doing them the longest. I've had them do a couple of guns.... no complaints. Don't know about the others.

9. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

I prefer Wrights Chokes. Great work in a timely manner. wrightsgunsmiths.com
    Good Luck and God Bless, Bill Ivins

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
briley thin wall
briley thin wall choke tubes how installed
briley thin wall chokes devalue gun
carlson thin wall choke tubes

thin wall choke tubes