1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

They're pissing away YOUR Social Security

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bob Schultz, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

This blows my mind.

Immigrants Over 65

Immigrants 65 or older can now apply for SSI and Medicaid and get more than a U.S. citizen born in the 1920s. For example, a typical American born in 1924 with a median income who worked from 1944 to 2004 receives only $791 a month. Incredibly, the federal government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890. In addition, each immigrant can obtain $580 in social assistance for a total of $2,470 a month. This contrasts to a single American taxpayer who, after contributing to the growth and development of this country for 40-50 years, receives a monthly maximum of $1,012 in old-age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement. Maybe U.S. citizens who have paid into the social security fund over a lifetime should apply as refugees!

Does anyone have any doubt why our social security fund will be running out of money soon?

Consider sending this to all your American friends so we can all be sufficiently motivated to reverse this situation by getting the refugee handouts reduced to $0,000 and the compensation for U.S. pensioners increased to $2,470. This way, American citizens can start enjoying some of the hard-earned money we were forced to involuntarily contribute to the government over the last 40-60 years.

Please copy and email this to your Congresman, Senator and like minded friends.

Thanks

Bob

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

All those a--holes in Washington need to be voted out of office!! That's the "change" we need! Hap

3. wrzone

wrzone Member

The real injustice to the Social Insecurity system is that almost all Government employees are excluded from paying into it.
    If the system is good enough for the productive people in our society surely it is good enough for them.
    As it stands now our Government and its employees are squandering the money away I bet if they had to depend Social Security for there retirement it would be a lot better.

4. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

im 29 and im sure there wont be any when i retire i think of the govt as a legal mafia going around stealing there percent i think we should have the right to decline social security and put the money in an ira at least we know there will be something there then and why should i struggle every week to help some immigrant i dont want here in the first place i think the military should just be lineing the borders and shoot everyone that trys to sneek in

5. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Hap,,voting them out of office will take to long,,how about shooting them out instead,,,

6. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

Don't bitch if you voted for an incumbent, you don't have to change parties---damn it throw the bums out," if they're in they're out"---this should be everyone's rallying cry---our country's survival is at stake--gun rights, abortion rights, won't mean a thing if the radical muslims win----we have surrendered our nation without a fight----Phil

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Do you have a source for this?

8. Hap MecTweaks

OICU812, our forefathers shot it out with England under similar circumstances in the 1770s. That fight wasn't about tea either, it was about the crown controlling gun-powder and taxing the hell out of it for more control on the "subjects"!! All the subjects at that time didn't think that was a wise thing to do either and didn't help the cause. History sometimes has a way of repeating itself, hopefully? Hap

9. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

I'm on your side Hap,,,

10. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

SSI does not come out of SS funds,Our taxes, yes. Check out the website. Jim

This booklet explains what Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is, who can get it and how to apply. It provides basic information and is not intended to answer all questions. For specific information about your situation, you should talk with a Social Security representative.

The SSI program makes payments to people with low income who are age 65 or older or are blind or have a disability.

The Social Security Administration manages the SSI program. Even though Social Security manages the program, SSI is not paid for by Social Security taxes. SSI is paid for by U.S. Treasury general funds, not the Social Security trust funds

11. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

I believe it was in '82 or '83, government employees, i.e. GS & WG began paying into SS. Prior to this, they did not but now all government employees pay into SS that includes the military. I don't know if our "elected" officials pay or not. kinda doubt it. I know that some of the railroad employees do not pay into SS as they have a seperate retirement system.

They wife and I just received our annual statement of benefits, amount paid since we began working and the amount we will draw, if there is anything left. Something wrong with this picture, amount I have paid through the years and the amount I will draw. DUH!

Van

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I paid in all my life and paid the max every year. Last January I started drawing $1800 a month. I never thought it would be there but it is. I am worried about my kids however. It cannot last when they are spending it so foolishly.

13. Hap MecTweaks

Lyndon Johnson had our SS funds diverted to the General Services fund. He did away with what was known as the SS Fund as a separate stand alone program. It's still there for accounting purposes only and included in the General Services fund for budget talk. That change made it much easier to borrow our money from the SS fund or give it away. Of course SSI comes out of the General Services funds? The same for grants to determine why a bullfrog don't sweat much during >?<":{ Hap

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

It seems like I get an update from the SS admin each year and that shows what my lifetime taxable incomes were and what my monthly retirement benefit will be with various retirement ages. My guess is that all of you other tax payers out there get the same update. I'm a couple of decades away from being eligible but I'm not banking on ever getting that money. It's kind of like insurance, most people pay in way more than they ever get back. It may not sound fair but really I consider myself fortunate that I have been able to make a good living thus far and I have more than paid my way. Nothin to whine about even if I don't get a little SS check each month.

Aside from issues like paying people that haven't paid in, the Social Security plan didn't really consider the effect of the boomer generation that is living longer than previous generations. I think that is what will break the bank.

I know we all hate the mexicans but I really have a hard time believing that these poorly educated people that stuggle to get phoney green cards and cannot afford immigation attorneys are actually smart enough to get through all the red tape of the SS admin. and end up with $2k/month with no legitimate SSN. Not calling BS here but gee if a person has those abilities they could do a lot of other things to get really wealthy.

15. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Bob S. and others. I cannot believe you are not aware the practice of making
    SS benefits to immigrants started during the Carter administration. Dear Jimmy
    seen fit to help all, with the exceptions of our citizens. - Jim

16. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm retired from the military and I paid S.S. Because I have a federal retirement I receive a reduced rate on my SS payment, They called it double dipping.

17. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

wolfram:
    You can bet your ass when there's free money to be had the illegals will find a way to get it. All it takes is one of their friends and the rest will be led through the process. And for the record I don't hate anyone one because of beliefs or color but I do hate freeloaders because they are steeling from us who have paid their dues.

18. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

hoggy- not to mention the fact that it's THE POINT that they can, whether they do or not. WE ALL NEED TO STOP BENDING OVER!!!!!!!!!!

19. BL

BL Member

Would like to make a correction here, The FERS system was started in 84, 24 years ago. Under that system all civil service employees pay SS tax at the same rate as any other workers in the private work force. I know because I am retired rom that system. Under the old CSRS that was in effect before 84 they did not. The civil service retirement pay formula is lower for FERS as they also have SS. Many workers may have a larger retirement under the FERS plan but they also put a lot more of their own dollars into it while working.

20. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

It is my observation that WE are "pissin away" our Social Security by voting for the very ones doing our bidding.......merlyn......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.