1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

They shot my hat today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I posted a couple of weeks ago that I was taking the game of skeet a little more seriously and was wanting some tips. Well, I worked on my mechanics a little bit and stance a little bit. Viola, I finally ran my first 25 straight today. I can definitly say it's much harder to run 25 in skeet than it is 25 in trap.

ec90t

2. KenC

KenC Member

Congrats on your first straight and may you break many more but I and many others think that trap is harder than skeet.

3. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I hear stores such as Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, and GAP have nice pink skirts that are skeet shooting approved. Congrats on the straight, but let us know when you do it will all four gauges.

Forrest

4. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!! hope you ducked !! LOL but really Congrats!!

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I started shooting clay targets years ago at the Berrien County Sportsmans Club in SW Michigan. BCSC had both trap and skeet as well as a rifle range, archery, and indoor pistol. Jess Bowman, a neighbor who introduced me to the club, shot both trap and skeet, so I tried both. There was a regular at the skeet range who regularly shot the 12 gauge round with the shotgun held behind his back, and ran them more often than not. I decided that since I could not afford to shoot both games regularly, I'd go with something that was not so predictable that one could shoot a perfect round holding the gun behind one's back.

Congratulation's on your first 25, but don't delude yourself thinking 12 gauge skeet is harder than 16 yard trap.

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Trap: Easier to learn, harder to master.
    Skeet: Harder to learn, easier to master.

7. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

ec - I would say it's harder to run your first 25 in skeet than trap, but then it reverses. I bet you'll find you run can 100 in skeet now more readily than a 100 in trap. But none the less - good shooting!!

Joe

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Come back when you've run a 100 straight in Competition Trap.

Curt

9. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Congratulations. Unfortunately now that you have figured it out, there will be days where you wonder how you did it. Skeet for me was harder also but I don't shoot 25's regular in either one. I've yet to shoot 100 straight but hope it comes to you quicker than it has to me. 95's are easy in either game most of the time so stick with it and enjoy yourself regardless of what you are shooting. Jackie B.

10. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

I thought they only shot your hat for your first 100 straight in skeet. When I was a younger man, I thought that was pretty cool, but now that I am older I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I started shooting skeet out at the Old Phx club just for yucks, I ran them on the 6th round of 25 that I shot ... I was beating a lot of the skeeters out there so I have some serious doubt that skeet is harder than trapshooting ... Of all the skeet targets station 8 is by far the most fun, in my limited experience with skeet I have not missed a station 8 target to date ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

M R ducks wrote:

"ec - I would say it's harder to run your first 25 in skeet than trap, but then it reverses. I bet you'll find you run can 100 in skeet now more readily than a 100 in trap. But none the less - good shooting!"

Shot my first 25 str. in skeet!

Got my first 100 in trap (along with my first 50 {{handicap} the old shooters I was playing cards with told me the way I was shooting singles I would be a fool not to play the 50 str. so I played it and the calcutta} and 75). Some time it pays to take advice, so that 50 rocked pretty good!!!!!!!!!!!

Still looking for the first 50 str. in skeet.

AL

13. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

In Skeet, your first 25 straight is traditionally followed by a pat on the butt and a kiss on the lips by your fellow squad mates. After your first 100, you're presented a pink tutu and they shoot your pants.

14. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Damn, I can't wait for my first 100 straight!!!

But I hope they let me take my pants off before they shoot them!

15. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

tron has probably never had a 100 straight in skeet.

16. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Nope, I've never shot a line of Skeet in my life there fearless.....

17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Between the awesome feeling of finally hitting the number and the taffetta scratching your behind from the ruffled panties...you must be feeling like a million bux there E! Next goal is 100 straight in spike heels!

18. ec90t

ec90t Guest

You guys crack me up!

My first 25 came using my 20ga BPS. I prefer a slide gun over everything else, and skeet is a true sub-guage sport.

I'm not going to shoot Skeet competitively, just wanted to be a descent shooter at it. The club is less than 10mi away and I can shoot for $2 a round. I just find it a relaxing way to spend an afternoon.

Thanks again for the tips and razzing.

ec90t

P.S. I'm sure than Tron has broke his fair share of 100 straights at skeet.

19. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

ec90t, Congrats on your first 25 strait in skeet. I hope that there are many more for you in Skeet and Trap as well. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.