1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

They need to invent...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by atashooter, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atashooter

atashooter Member

They need to invent a shotgun odometer that clicks one every time it is fired. I see lots of threads about "How many rounds fired". Geez, does anyone actually know how many they have fired ?? I just think it would be a pretty neat gizmo.

2. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Congrats ATAShooter, you just invented it. Now you just need to develop the concept into a product. With micro electronics it would be very feasible. Perhaps an accelerometer in the stock?

3. atashooter

atashooter Member

Well, inventing that was easy enough, Now I need to invent a " Cuss-O-meter" to go along with it to count all the dirty words I have spewed when I miss. So do they even make a counter that goes into the Trillions, or Quadrillions ??

4. jhoward

jhoward Member

I read somewhere a while back that the Army shooting team had a Perazzi that had fired over a million rounds. Since the gun and shells had to be signed out every time it was shot, the records were well documented. I do not recall the model Perazzi that was being discussed.

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Gold E...the stock can be changed.

6. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Here we go I can see it now>>> " For sale K80 with low rounds (2378 on the meter)only shot buy grandma to chase foxes out of the hen house.

Then there is the old favorite " I think he turned the counter back it has been shot more than that, the lever is way below center"

Rock

Jim

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Someone also needs to invent a Automate for Dillon reloaders. I would buy two.

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Click on the above URL.

P/W makes their new Electric Drive, which I believe to be better than the Automate, for the Dillon.

I was involved in the development of both and the P/W unit, in my opinion, is the better of the two, AND it's in current production.

I'd be happy to sell you two of these.

Whiz

9. tj303

tj303 Member

For our mental and financial health how about inventing a BS meter that politicians are required to use? Make the requirement part of the Voter Safety Improvement Act.

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Whiz: The PW site does not say anything about a Dillon 900. Are they making an electric system for that unit, there not showing? If so I'm interested in seeing something about the unit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.