1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

They need Sarah Palin NOT more entitlements

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bigdogtx, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Here's the article:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/20/beck.cities/index.html

The following stats come from an article by Glen Beck of CNN headline news.
    What do the top ten cities with the highest poverty rate all have in common?
    Democrat leadership.

Detroit , MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn't elected
    a Republican mayor since 1961;
    Buffalo , NY
    (2nd) hasn't elected one since 1954;
    Cincinnati , OH (3rd)... since 1984;
    Cleveland , OH (4th)... since 1989;
    Miami , FL (5th) has never had a Republican Mayor;
    St. Louis , MO (6th).... since 1949;
    El Paso , TX (7th) has never had a Republican Mayor;
    Milwaukee , WI (8th)... since 1908;
    Philadelphia , PA (9th)... since 1952;
    Newark , NJ (10th)... since 1907.

Einstein once said 'The definition of insanity is doing
    the same thing over and over again and expecting different
    results.'
    It is the disadvantaged who habitually elect Democrats
    - yet are still disadvantaged... hmmm...

2. tj303

tj303 Member

Let us not forget Palins state of Alaska is a welfare state. She has increased the welfare (entitlement) check to over $3,000 per resident.

3. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Yes, but all the fiscal conservative presidents have left us hundreds of billions of dollars of debt...yet the lowesy tax and spend liberal Clinton left us a $400 billion dollar surplus...interesting!
    -Trappy

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

tj,

they also get checks when the state sells drilling rights to the oil companies. not bad huh?

trappy,

you need to look at who develops the budgets and spends....it is congress. if congress would leave the presidential budgets alone and not add their earmarks, i think you would find our budget much more balanced. btw....ask billy about the social security trust fund and his "new" accounting....and just how that affected his surplus.....interesting!!!!

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Trappy, it's time for your Maypo....not politics. Come back in about 15 yrs. and then add something original, not what liberal, do-nothing psuedo intellectual educators drill into your brain.

Curt

6. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

The checks that we Alaskans get is not welfare but money that comes fron the Permanent Fund which is the excess from the oil rights in the states. This program has been in place for a lot of years and unlike other states it is given back to the folks.

Clyde

7. otnot

otnot Active Member

Sarah Palin isn't giving us anything up here in Alaska. If governor Hammond hadn't set aside back in the early 80's a percentage of all oil royalties there wouldn't be a permanent fund check every year for the residents of Alaska. Our state legislators squandered billions of dollars lining their pockets and the pockets of their friends. Sarah Palin is not ready to run a country or even assist in running our country. You guys need to get your heads out of your pants and think with your big head for once. Listen to her she sounds like a beauty queen contestant not a vice president. I don't like any of our choices this year and that is why I'm voting for Hugh Hefner. The smartest man I know. LOL

Alaskan Resident 40 years
    Jim Trujillo

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Jim...

If you like your guns and shooting, then you better vote with your 2nd Amendment Rights and future Supreme Court appointees in mind.

Just some food for thought!

Curt (and I prefer 7-1/2's)

9. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Trappy said; "Clinton left us a $400 billion dollar surplus...interesting!"

Get this straight Trappy. This country has been in deficit spending for MANY CONTINUOUS DECADES. The national dept by year is easily accessible with any search engine. As usual, you are naively wrong.

What slick willie is known to have left us is, his impeachment, disbarment, and a large fine he had to pay. The number of Supreme Court justices that attended his last State of the Union address,,zero!

Now, the first two years slick willie was president, he put forward budgets with high deficit spending. That is a fact. The outrage was just one reason the Republicans took control of the House of Representatives in 1994 for the first time in over 40 years. The budgets after that, authored by Republicans, had spending closer to the level of tax revenue.

Whoever feed you the "surplus" line of B.S., lied to you, and you weren't smart enough to do the research.

10. tj303

tj303 Member

"The budgets after that, authored by Republicans, had spending closer to the level of tax revenue."
    The Republicans while in control of the White House, Senate, and Congress spent money faster than anyone, without a clue on how to pay for their spending.

11. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Correct, and John McCain addressed that very fact in his acceptance speech.

Obama,,on the other hand,,can't seem to make up his mind,,tax cuts,,raise taxes,,tax cuts,,raise taxes. What an angry joke.

12. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"I'm voting for Hugh Hefner. The smartest man I know"

Figures.

13. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Can someone explain the "permanent Fund" used in Alaska?

I believe this is exactly what is missing from the Democrats latest Flip Flop on drilling

"Facing the possibility of the moratorium expiring on September 30 and the changing voter sentiments, Democrats offered support for repealing the ban as part of a larger energy package.

Republicans, however, have accused Democrats of putting forward a bill that seems to promote offshore drilling, but would do little to expand domestic production." (see article at link above).

My rep, Republican Roy Blunt of Missouri said in a column on Monday "Regrettably, if not accidentally, this bill removes the financial incentive for coastal states to team up with the federal government to break our dependence on foreign oil and bring down prices at the pump,".

Didn't Palin say that she and McCain would work for lease agreements similar to those in Alaska that have allowed the citizens there to collect on the royalties for the natural resources THEY own?

PS, It's not welfare if you are collecting "rent" from the oil producers, you wouldn't give it away free if it was on your own private land would you??

14. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Well, I would say Hugh Hefner is pretty smart. Lots of money, friends, and hot chicks. It seems that politicians have a campaign debt, only friends that money, a vote or a lobbyist can buy and they want to have sex or affairs with fat chicks if they are democrats or guys in bathroom stalls if they are republicans. What's up with that? Certainly not the IQ of nearly all politicians.

FYI, I prefer 9's on 16, and 8's at 20-27 and light full choke (.030) everywhere. John E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.