1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

They lost everything and need your help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by K-80 SUPER, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-80 SUPER

K-80 SUPER TS Member

Most of you know Dave and Mary Ennis from Darien. Their daughter Sheila and her husband David lost their home to a tragic fire on Thanksgiving night. Their house was fully ingulfed by the time the fire department got there. All they have is what they were wearing. Sheila and the kids were up north and David was home alone. He was able to get himself and the 2 dogs and 2 of their cats out safely. 2 cats are still missing.
    Dave and Mary have a registered shoot and the start of their jack pot shoot next Sunday. We are going to have a collection set up for those of you that can donate cash to help them get through the next few weeks. Anything you can spare would be greatly appreciated. Neither Dave, Mary, Shelia or David know about this. We thought it would be a NICE surprise for them. If you have any questions please contact me @ engsetter@compufort.com or call 920-563-7128.

Mary and Randy Bleiler
    Cathy and Larry Wehinger

2. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I'll kick in.

tony

3. bill2

bill2 Member

K-80, I don't know the folks however, I do know it's Christmas and kids involved. Would you be kind enough to provide an address? Fire leaves little so I don't think we want to send to the previous address V/R Bill2

4. capvan

capvan Active Member

Please post an address for donations..

C'mon guys, let's all pitch in for these folks. It's that time of year and it sounds like they could use a little help.

Just think, if a few hundred people all sent in $10...

Bruce

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

yep, give us a collection address..

6. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

Will send a donation, please supply address! come on everybody let's help. it will be our gift to a family we don't know, which will make it even more special....slid...Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Their insurance co could be quick to kick in a temp. living expense check if they give them some pressure.

My sister lost her home ( cheap Christmas lights] and recieved a check for temp lodging, food and new clothing within one week.

Sorry for their loss, it is a very traumatic experience. We also lost our family home growing up due to faulty water heater.

I'll send a ten spot.

8. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

need an address ...

Bob

9. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

No insurance?

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Thanks Mary.

My old stompin ground.

11. K-80 SUPER

K-80 SUPER TS Member

Please email me at the above address and I will send you the requested information.
    Thanks
    Mary

12. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

On the way.

TTT

13. pdq

pdq Member

Shannon391 is correct -- if not already done, they should be immediately in touch with their insurance company. My homeowners policy covers everything -- housing and living expenses until the home can be rebuilt, replacement cost of all clothing and personal effects in additional to furniture, electronics, etc. That's why we pay so much for insurance.

Pete

14. K-80 SUPER

K-80 SUPER TS Member

They do have insurance but it takes time to come in. The Red Cross has put them up in a motel. They have 2 children with dogs and cats so it's not easy placing them somewhere untill the insurance company kicks in. They are currently a single income family. Which means that the bread winner in the family has to take time off from their only income to deal with the insurance company. He doesn't even have his work shoes as he ran out of the house with a pair of sandles and his clothes. I don't expect people that don't know them to really help. I was trying to inform those that do know them and care. Just something to carry them over.
    I don't have any children but I do have a dog and I could not even start to think of what they are going through. Just hoping to make things a little easier during a very difficult time in their life.
    Mary

15. powderburn

powderburn Member

Mary,
    Thanks again for posting your request for trapshooter aid and help for these folks. A check from us is made out and in the mail tomorrow. Hope this thread catches on and inspires some fellow shooters to PAY IT FORWARD for people in dire need. I'm going to keep bumping this post to keep it to the top for a few days (if someone else doesn't do it first)

16. powderburn

powderburn Member

to the top!

17. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Send me an address--I will send a check.Dennis.781-910-0313.

18. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

While I agree that insurance will probably cover most tangible items, I think the support of a card, a small note, just something to show that others sympathize would the ticket. The psychological and physical grind of putting your life back together is overwhelming.

Coach & I will put something in the mail today. CSJ

19. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I know that Ins. cover most things But I know uors doesnt cover our guns and with 15 Ruger rifles and 3 Brownings They wouldnt be top on my list to replace from other costs.
    It would hurt to have to know I couldnt participate in my past time in time of stress and hurt to get my mind away!!
    Up to the top!!

Jerry

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

All they should do is ask their adjustor for an advance on their Additional Living Expense and he should hand it to them on the spot, if he hasn't already.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.