1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

They Aren't Going To Take our guns!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Wentez, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wentez

Wentez Member

Keep your eye upon the doughnut and not upon the hole! My thoughts on the subject of having our guns confiscated - not going to happen.
    What will happen is gun owners will be attacked on several fronts:

1. The Green movement will embrace the approach that lead is a contaminant and that shooters are destroying the environment. They will sell that approach easily to the environmental group.

2. To help disguise their purpose thay will make conciliatory statements that gun ownership is consistent with the 2nd ammendment.

3. They will point out that ammunition ownershiip is not a right. To offset the "damage" from lead and dangers caused by ammunition there will be a tax starting at 500% on ammo. This money will be used for various programs that will appeal to idealistic liberals.

4. Everyone is against armed robbery, home invasion and car-jacking so they will tie the availability of ammo to those topics.

5. PETA will point out that Bambi and other innocent creatures are "murdered" every year.

They will try to distract us from their real goal with campaigns to obsfucate their aim. The media has shown their bias so they will play up any topic that presents ammunition (gun ownership) in a bad light.

Krugerrands are desireable but unless you are buying something big they do not lend themselves to making change. Silver coinage will work better. The 22 long rifle will become the small denomination coin of choice.

These are my views- I hope I am wrong for the sake of our children.

George Wentz

2. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. antidote

antidote TS Member

The real issue is that the generation following the Baby Boomers is soft on gun ownership and the generation followig them do not need or like guns,, thus they will eventually be gone.

4. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Gun owners rights have been steadly erroded since 1968! The little at a time method is like the"Frog in boiing water" trick. The liberals will slowly take guns under the guise of "REASONABLE RESTRICTIONS". The liberal wrecking crew that is coming into power is really BAD NEWS for gun owners and the 2nd ammendment. Look for them to pull out all the stops to try and ban as many guns as possible along with resrictions on many more plus amo bans. Remember Obama and Biden BOTH voted to ban almost ALL hunting ammo under the "Cop Killer" bullet argument. Fortunatly cooler heards prevailed and the measure was defeated, but now that those two left wingers are going to be driving the train it doesn't look too good for the gunnies.

5. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

No one should own a gun without being a member of the NRA period.....

The NRA is the only firewall against them and us. I see everyone bitch about loosing their guns and when I ask a simple question like " are they a member of the NRA? They say no. As far as I'm concerned, they have no right to bitch, we have a voice that fights for us in Washington but these people that are non-members, won't help them or us out. There should me an automatic membership included with the purchase price if the firearm. We need them now more than ever.

Sorry.... rant is now over.

JMHO.....Jerbear

6. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Jerbear

Sorry, but I don't believe I have to belong to any organization in order to keep my guns. I am an American with rights written many years ago to protect my possessions.

7. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Well Mark, if you think that your "rights" can counter the relentless assault on our gun rights by the left gun hating zealots ...you are part of the problem. The NRA is our ONLY and best hope of defeating the gun grabbers. By not taking a proactive stand...you a letting others do the work of protecting yours. It costs about $35. a year for membership...darn good investment if a gun owner. United we stand.

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

win1911'a so if we contribute to an organization that knows how_to_play_the_game then we should be critized???

markdenis, amazing thinking and display of logic!

9. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

If there was a national gun grab, the membership list of the NRA would be the first record demanded. Followed by NSSA and ATA membership lists. Then a knock on your door.

10. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

win1911 - And where in the Constitution do I find the mention of Big Oil, The Big 3, Banks, and Insurance Companies? Gun ownership is eventually doomed by our own stupidity! Jimmy Borum

11. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Geo. Think U right. Possibly inpose restrictions on shipping of
    ammo or reloading supplies greater than present.
    JB. Guess we need to remember "stupid is as stupid does"
    Martin. Agree - we need someone qualified to represent us or at least
    keep us informed.

Doyal

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The answer is - the Dems will ban whatever they think they can get away with at the moment.<br>
    <br>
    "If I could have gotten one more vote in the Senate, Mr. and Mrs. America - turn them all in." - Diane Finestein

13. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Brian, I'm surprised you spelled Diane's name wrong, its Fineswine...Bill

14. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

To Jerbear: In my opinion, you're right; the NRA has consistenly fought for our gun rights. Look at Heller case, the New Orleans confiscation lawsuit brought about by over jealous politicians during Katrina, and the list goes on. I've been a member of the NRA for 40 years and feel it's the right thing to do. They've represented the gun owner, I believe since 1871 and I'll pay my dues for as long as I live. Message to Mark Dennis: you don't have to lose your rights all at one time; they'll do it by banning lead by using safety as a guise; permits and licensing requirements, and, before you know it for all practical purposes your rights are gone. Beware, according to the NRA today, Obama's Attny. Gen. believes the 2nd Amendment is not an individual right but only pertains to you if you are in a militia. In the Heller case, it only was decided by one vote. The fight will be ongoing. Darrell

15. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

It is time we start to reorganize militias !! Jake

16. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

A few words from the people that are going to bring "hope" and "change".

We're bending the law as far as we can to ban an entirely new class of guns. -Rahm Emmanuel....This guy is one of the co-sponcers of the NEW AWB.

Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of all Americans to feel safe. -Dianne Feinstein

From sarah brady, over the years. If you think she won't be hanging around hillary again you really have your head in the sand.

"Our ultimate goal- total control of handguns in the United States- is going to take time... The first problem is to slow down the increasing number of handguns being produced... The second problem is to get handguns registered. And the final problem is to make the possession of handguns and all handgun ammunition- except for the military, policemen, licensed security guards, licensed sporting clubs, and licensed gun collectors - totally illegal.”

"We are not for disarming people. When you have an epidemic it's a public health issue, a safety issue"

sarah on the last AWB,

"The House passage of our bill is a victory for this country! Common sense wins out. I'm just so thrilled and excited. The sale of guns must stop. Halfway measures are not enough.”

Don't tell me this country is not in distress.

Tom(AJ100)

[​IMG]

17. eagles11

eagles11 TS Member

I searched the President-Elect's web site, Change.gov, and it appears that he in fact does want to limit our 2nd Amendment rights.

"Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent."

Found by searching "gun" on this site.

FYI

Jack

18. eagles11

eagles11 TS Member

PS,

This was supposed to have been removed but it still exists.

Jack

19. whiz630

whiz630 TS Member

the time is quickly coming when we need the NRA badly i would like to see their membership up to at least 10,000,000. to accomplish this i would like to see an emergency drive,.say a $20.00 bill for a one year membership,even in a bad economy about every one can drop a twenty for such an emergency cause.if we just keep sitting there wringing our hands and doing nothing we will have no one to blame but ourselzes..the new regime knows to well the clinton theory that 90% of the population are stupid,they must be lead. whiz630

20. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Darrell

Your response to me is exactly what I was talking about, "they'll do it by banning lead by using safety as a guise; permits and licensing requirements"

All this and more is happening NOW. We don't have to wait until we see what "they'll do." We can support the NRA until the cows come hope but the government will still win as long as you keep electing these corrupt slime balls in public office.

If the American people don't revolt as individuals and groups, we are in trouble. The NRA is a good idea but as with many "good ideas" it is not working. Granted, the NRA may be slowing the process down a bit, but it is definitely not guarding our rights to the extent we are safe. Look at what is happening...we lose more and more rights as gun owners year after year, yet I here "join the NRA and it will all be OK. They will fight for our rights." Well I hate to break it to all you believers, but if the NRA is all we put our confidence in and expect them to cure the problems, I fear you will be truly disappointed. The NRA is nearly helpless against big government.

It is my opinion, we need to start at the base of the problem and stop voting these jerks in office. I read many posts about the election and the opinions offered on this forum. In almost every case, the advise was "make sure you vote....go vote....it is your duty....it is your right...and many, many more. This is the reason we are in the shape we are in now. American voters really have no idea who they are voting for or what their candidate stands for or against.

The NRA is not all we have and we should not put all our eggs in one basket. It is our fault we are slowly losing. It is ourselves that keeps electing people in public office that is causing gun ownership problems among many other problems. The NRA is fighting a battle they can not win because of us. Individual Americans are the only ones that can stop the progression of American's losing individual rights.

Mark Rounds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.