1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

thew battle of New Orleans 2005

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ahab, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

http://www.waltonandjohnson.com/blog/Battle%20of%20New%20Orleans.mp3

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

there is a lot of truth to the song

Foggy

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

PerazziBigBore

Well really I thought so also but didn't really want to come right out and say it because you know some will be offended.

Well really I don't care now since someone that has lived from there agrees with it so I agree.

It is all True!!

Foggy

4. The Stive

The Stive Member

Yep Sounds like the truth to me. I like the part about " sorry asses ".

JOhn

5. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Every once in awhile I take out my calculator.....and it's amazing what you can learn with some simple division.....

For example: Louisiana Senator, Mary Landrieu (D), is presently asking the Congress for $250 Billion to rebuild New Orleans.....

Interesting number, what does it mean?

Well, if you are one of the 484,674 residents of New Orleans (every man, woman, child), you each get $516, 528.

Or, if you have one of the 188, 251 homes in New Orleans, your home gets $1, 329,787.

Or, if you are a family of four, your family gets $2, 066,012.

Hello Washington, D.C. !!!...........................Are all your calculators broken?????

Tell you what.....just flood our house, and we' ll be on the "big easy" street for the rest of our lives

6. walt cowan

walt cowan TS Member

heap, i thought i was the only one who did that. lol! i wouldn't give than a dime untill they raised the city to 100 feet above sea level. for now? a good i told you so is enough.

7. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Big Heap and others,

Unless you are one of the minorities, who are already on all the government programs available, and your house is full of kids from every stray dog that comes along, you won't get any assistance, because you have already proved you can support yourself and your family. If your insurance isn't sufficient, you are in trouble unless you have a big mouth Mayor and Governor who play the race card each time they are in front of the cameras. You will also need to get your story heard by some freelance camera man and provide lots of tears so he can sell those pictures to the national media.

And don't worry about the homeless, welfare grabbing, foodstamp clutching leaches returning to New Orleans right of way. If history repeats itself, and it usually does, they won't come back until all has been re-built, and there are brand new government housing projects for them to squat in, and some sort of job placement program run by the Politicians's buddies or relatives they can apply for. All pay and no work!

Right now, millions of "refugees" from New Orleans, are sucking the life out of other Cities and States who housed them in time of need. They won't return to New Orleans till the time is right, and the money tree is ripe for picking. Oh, sorry, picking something from a tree would be degrading and almost like work, so they will wait for the government to hire someone to pick the tree clean, then hand it over to them.

My opinion is that any citizen of the gulf coast who previously owned property that they inhabited, should be helped with rebuilding if they want. Otherwise, take a cash settlement, and leave to wherever you wish to start over.

Remember, the rest of the world only sees what is televised, and printed on this subject, as I have. We all know stories can and will be twisted to fit the news media's agenda.

I'm not trying to offend decent folks, but where will the false support stop?

Danny

8. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Some Cato kid had a good idea for a change: instead of giving the "rebuild" money to the politicians in Louisiana, to spend in re-creating their wasteful fiefdoms, give it directly to the victims. Yeah, some will just stupidly pump it right back into the economy, others will rebuild...but either way, you provide each individual with the "economic choice" of whether or not to go back there again.

The reasoning is, if you give the money to government, they will just spend every dime of it building "infrastructure" (payoff to unions and wealthy contractors), and basically re-creating the same disaster-waiting-to-happen that existed before...which they profit off of, since it re-creates their "power base."

But if you give it to the individuals, a lot of them will make the "economic choice" to simply not go back. Ergo, no need to re-create another ticking time-bomb. If you give that choice to politicians (whose incentive is just to put everything back the way it was and rebuild their little "kingdoms," whether it makes economic sense or not), in 20 years we'll be right back where we are now.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

not to worry, they have plenty of Mexican illegals there already, the smell of money drew them like cockroaches. Soon as the food stamp and housing programs get going good, look for Mamacita and the bambinos to show up in force, enriching the local grocers with food stamp revenue.

HM

10. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

We need mo money..... <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

11. porky

porky TS Member

Quote of the day, author unknown "I tell you what. Somebody needs to tell that mayor of Chocolate City to get those chocolate chips off their ass and stop waiting for the caramels to rebuild their houses and the vanillas to pay for it."

12. bkms

bkms Member

Well said bvr tail and git er done!!!!!!!!!! Some will be offended but as they say "THE TRUTH HURTS".
    Bvr you forgot to add about the murder rate and other crimes they have given us in nearby areas. There were alot of good people displaced by this tragedy but there was alot of trash that will never be anything BUT trash and we will pay for it.
    p.s. the song is true........

13. guncase

guncase TS Member

250 BILLION $$ sounds like a lot of money,,, BUT you have forgot to factor in the "skim off the top" factor. Every layer of covernment has to take their little for their pet projects!!

ANd some of those "displaced" folks have it sooo much better where they are,, they don't want to go back!! Might have to do something for themselves!! Like work,
    Just my opinion!! Paul

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Hollanders needed to immigrate and build dikes.

What kind of brain defect wants to build below sea level?

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.