1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

These pigs need to go to prison....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If you're on blood pressure meds, take them before clicking the link.

Pigs beat, taze and pepper spray mentally challenged kid because they thought his speech impediment was "disrespectful". Then threaten to arrest neighbors who tell them the kid is mentally handicapped.

Lawsuit? To heck with that. These pigs need to go to prison. If they don't then the system is broken beyond repair. Period.

And yes, they are PIGS. I refuse to besmirch decent policemen by calling these pigs cops or officers.

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If everything is true you are right they are PIGS and should be removed fron the Police Force and prosecuted. Bulge.

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Perhaps the watch commander, sgt and any other command staff on duty that shift should be removed as well.

Too many command staff sit in their offices, not watching what is going on

4. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

you had 388 lookers at this post. Looks like most don't give a darn or you would see a larger respond to such an indecency of ethics.

5. shadow

shadow Active Member

I can see BIG BUCKS in the household account in the future. Crystal ball also shows a couple of former officers standing in line at the un-employment office.

6. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I hope that the family nails Dayton in the pocket book since the city obviously didn't screen these idiots out through any portion of training or their employment. Further, I hope the officers are prosecuted for battery to the fullest extent of the law. In the old days and in some areas, cops like that wouldn't have made it home from their shift.

Pathetic.

John E.

7. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Way, way, way too many like this wearing cop uniforms. Not unique to Dayton, OH. There are good cops out there but seeing too many young, buzzcut thugs with a badge.

8. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

DAYTON, Ohio (CN) - Dayton police "mistook" a mentally handicapped teenager's speech impediment for "disrespect,"

Well, considering the source is likely a card carrying member of the liberal media, I'll wait to hear the rest of the story before condemning the officers involved. Frankly, being sportsmen whose avocation is so frequently malicously attacked and maligned by the anti-gun media I'm disappointed so many are quick to judge based on an obviously one sided account by a reporter.

Robert

9. avery53

avery53 Member

I'll bet there is more to this story. Stay tuned!

Steve

10. otnot

otnot Active Member

It is going on daily around the country. And if you really want to have fun go to the airport and watch them frisk your wife and children. NOT! It kind of reminds me of what took place in Germany during the 1930's.

We better get control of our country before it's too late. Start reading the site above and find out what is really taking place behind the curtain.

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

If all of this actually is true, there is definitely a big payday in the furture, reguardless of what this kid had done to provoke them. Especially if it is true the officer knew of his disabilities. I think people in general are becoming less tolerent of each other. It is no excuse in this case but, I do not see it getting better, as the pace of society is moving faster and more competitive every day.

12. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Based on the story I agree these cops need to be fired. The one thing that bothers me is if this kid has communication problems then why is he not being supervised. I understand the need to try to let him incorporate into society, but if theres a possible liability then the parent was in the wrong also. JMHO

13. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Many willingly and freely give up liberties every day,,,,I know many LEO's and have utmost respect for the majority,,,,but just like any occupation or group; some really spoil it for the rest....

14. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Nowhere did I see where the kid supposably did anything wrong. Some folks with disability don't need constant supervioson. If it turns out as expressed in the article then a lot more than two should be dealt with. Upwards of 20 officers and how many people told them that the boy was handicapped. Appears to be some real sorry individuals. Jackie B.

15. loop02

loop02 Member

Where are all the LEOS? When some dirtbag caps one of their buddies, they whine up a storm. Their criticism of their fellow officers is nonexistent. They should be calling for the officer"s arrest, to clean up their own camp. Or, maybe his actions are not the exception.

16. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

More on the story:

By Doug Page and Lou Grieco, Staff Writers
    3:05 PM Friday, July 1, 2011
    DAYTON — A mother and her mentally challenged son are suing the city and two police officers, claiming they assaulted the boy after mistaking his speech impediment for disrespect.

The initial police incident report and a 22-page use of force report tell a different story of police officers struggling not only with the son, but his mother and a family friend.

The lawsuit requests a minimum of $250,000 in compensation, plus damages and legal fees.

The lawsuit, filed June 24 by Pamela Ford and Jesse Kersey, claims that Officer Willie Hooper knew Kersey was mentally handicapped and a minor before he encountered the boy on June 25, 2010, at the corner of Andrews Street and St. Paul Avenue.

The 17-year-old was riding his bicycle when Hooper tried to talk with him. But Hooper became angry and started yelling at Kersey, so the boy rode his bike home so he could ask his mother to communicate with Hooper for him, the lawsuit states.

Hooper chased the boy back to his home, where he met with Officer John Howard. At one point, a neighbor tried to tell Hooper about Kersey’s disabilities, but was told to go back into his home or he would be arrested, the lawsuit states.

The officers shot Kersey in the back with their Tasers as he opened his front door. They fought with him, and during the struggle, the officers struck him with fists and a retractable nightstick and pepper-sprayed him, then hog-tied him, the lawsuit states.

“Jesse was declared incompetent by the Montgomery County Juvenile Court and the charges against Jesse were dismissed,” the lawsuit states.

According to the police incident report, Hooper first saw the boy, later identified as Kersey, riding his bike the wrong way down on Andrews Street. When Kersey spotted the police cruiser he started riding on the sidewalk. When Hooper yelled for Kersey to stop, the boy took off up St. Paul Avenue, dumping his bike in front of his house. Finding the front door lock, Kersey turned on Hooper, who had mounted the front porch to issue Kersey a bicycle citation, and began to struggle, according to the police report. “Kersey started swinging his arms at Officer Hooper and yelling in an unintelligible language,” according to the police report.

An attempt to Tase the struggling boy, who was described as 6-foot-1 and 160 pounds, was unsuccessful. Kersey’s mother opened the door and pulled her son in, at which point Hopper fired his Taser, hitting the 17-year-old in the back. The mother pulled out one of the probes, and Kersey fled through the house to the kitchen.

Hooper attempted to take control of Kersey, but had to fight off his mother and later a family friend. It turned into a donnybrook in the kitchen as Hopper and Officer Howard, who arrived as backup, struggled to subdue Kersey, while keeping the mother and family friend out of the fray. At one point, dispatchers called for all officers in East Dayton to respond to the scene.

Neither Tasing nor pepper spray were effective. Officers used physical strikes and baton strikes to the thigh to take Kersey to the ground and handcuff him. It took several officers to get Kersey to a police cruiser, at one point placing his feet in a hobble so he could no longer kick them.

Kersey was taken to Grandview Hospital for treatment of his injuries. While there he spoke with Sgt. Roger Brown, who was investigating the use of force.

According to Brown’s report, Kersey said “he was not sure why he ran from the officer, but believed he was scared. He stated he wanted to go home, and the officer would not let him.”

Kersey was later released from the hospital and taken to the Montgomery County Juvenile Justice Center.

After speaking with witnesses, reviewing the police reports, photographing the injuries, the report exonerated Hooper and Howard of any allegations of wrong-doing.

The mother, who went by the name of Pamela Thompson at the time, was charged and convicted of resisting arrest and obstructing official business in Dayton Municipal Court. She was sentenced to 90 days in jail, which was suspended, and ordered to participate in an anger management program, according to court records. She was initially fined $100, plus $111 in court costs, which have not been paid.

The family friend was convicted of resisting arrest, given a 90-day sentence with 78 days suspended. He also was fined, which has yet to be paid.

Contact this reporter at (937) 225-2290 or dpage@DaytonDailyNews.com.

Robert

17. twotimer

twotimer Member

i'm with Buldge on this one, there is more to this story which we won't get to hear. Mike

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The police escalated a minor incident involving a wrong way mentally handicapped bicyclist into a full blown incident requiring backup, Tazering, pepper spraying, beating and hog-tying him up, plus threatening neighbors who pointed out he was mentally handicapped with arrest.

At least they aren't like the police in Portland. They simply kill the mentally handicapped here by Tazering and beating them to death.

19. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

In the news years ago they tazered a 11 year old kid because he wouldn't obay his mother. Another case was when an officer tazered an old lady.

Some cops need to be kicked off the force and not permited to even be a dog catcher.

We the public are part to blame because we have let the cops do as they please without any restaints. Its only going to get worst.

Hope they do sue the sh!t out of them and win. There was no reason for this and he should have seen the kids disablility. All he was concerned about was his pride and nothing more.

20. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

All this over a bicycle citation? It seems to me that some discretion on the part of the police was in order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.