1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Thermal imaging ??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I have been eyeing one of those hand held FLIR units.. do any of you have one? Have used one or have any suggestions as to which one to buy,? Would like to use it hunting a night. thanks!

2. TRAINWRECK

TRAINWRECK TS Member

The fluke is better and is made in the US

3. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

What's wrong with circling a tree for 15 minutes in the rain or snow while trying to find a damn coon with the dogs knocking you down all the time!

That would be a neat item. What do they cost???

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe

They start at about $1,500, and go way up from there I've seen some over $20,000, but they were the super ones

I've used them for looking at electrical equipment and other machines in the mechanical parts of buildings, kind of pricey to use in the field hunting

Flir is the ones that I've used, have spend thousands on Fluke equipment, but they aren't as good as they used to be a life time warranty isn't very long, then they want to "repair by replacing" the instrument, and it's almost as much as a new one. They used to fix anything but they don't seem want to any more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.