1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

There are some really COOL people in Trap.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Member

I shot a couple of rounds last evening. The first was low 20s and the second was so abysmal I didn't even look at the actual score. I received a note today from someone was there and he noted that I seemed "really down" when I left the field and he wanted to let me know that he observed that I lifted my head on practically every shot in the second squad. I don't know why that old habit started up last night, but it is certainly something I'll be working on.

More importantly, though, is how cool is that someone would take the time to find my address and send a note? Sure, there are a lot of jerks in the world - and a fair share of them find their way to the trap range. In my experience, this note is an example of how many wonderful people we rub elbows with every time we visit a shooting range.

Larry
  2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

In the midst of all the negative and animosity this forum has had on it lately this is a breath of fresh air. It is good to see that someone took the time to give you advice and try to lift your spirits. There is nothing like shooting a horrible score and not knowing what in the heck you were doing wrong.

Bryan
  3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Larry:
    I have been in this game for the past 42 years. With that being said, some of the finest, most honest, most generous people, are in the shooting sports. You really don't realize what a great bunch of people we shoot with until you need some help.
    Take care of yourself, and keep your head down.
    Steve Balistreri
  4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Well-Known Member

Of course you're right i'm here!!! LOL, Mike.
  5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Moderator Staff Member

When I read the title of this thread, I just knew it was about me.....lol

But seriously, you are right. Most of us are "cool".

Hauxfan!
  6. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Member

Last year my wheel chair friend lost his wallet at the Grand. Everything he had was in it. No money left to get home on other than what we gave him.
    Some very nice trap shooters found it, confirmed his address through the dmv in Ms and sent it to him with all contents in tact. They had no idea he is a chair shooter, they just did waht was right! I'll bet their kids are first rate too!

Agreed, MANY MANY Good people in the shooting ranks!
  7. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

More times than I care to disclose I have left items at shoots and to date someone has always turned them in to the desk and I have recovered them. One time I left my Lujtic at a local club. I noticed when I got home that I had left my jacket, so I had my daugther call and the guy said when he picks up his jacket tell him to get his gun too.
    Once at the cardinal center in Ohio I was headed to my truck on my golf cart when I made a pretty sharp right turn. A minute or so after I got to the truck a fellow and his wife pulled up with my gun in hand! It had fallen off at the right turn. Luckily I had it in a gun sock and it landed in the grass and not the gravel.
  8. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

I have been in sports all my life ... And no where on this earth will you find nicer people who are willing to help a newcomer or someone who is having a rough time... A friend of mine said it best "these are my kind of people" so glad I am one of you ... I guess we should be proud or humbled... I love you all!!! god bless
  9. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

I was at a Soot in Florida at the TM Ranch and lost my wallet on the last day after the shooting was over. Unfortunately all my identification, money, and credit cards were in it. This was after the TSA was just getting going and I worried about being able to fly home without ID.

I called the airline, Midwest Express, and they said to come in and they would see what they could do for me. So off i went and as It turns out the woman at the ticket counter was someone I had helped at the car dealer I worked for and she took me through all the gates right to the plane.

A two days later my wallet arrived intact with everything having been found by a shooter in Georgia. It pays to help people as someone will pass it on to you.

Rick
  10. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

Thank you for posting this thread. Nice to see something positive for a change.
  11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Well-Known Member

Bazooka, not to pat myself on the back or anything but, anytime I help someone car breakdown or whatever and they try to pay me I never take their money. I then tell them as payment when you see someone needing help remember to pass it on. I don't know if it works but I feel good about it. Mike.
  12. \/\/\/Z\/\/\/

\/\/\/Z\/\/\/ Member

The power of good will, and good intentions, is awesome
  13. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

So true, so many trapshooters have given me things over the years and lately and I also try to return the favor..even when I am a stranger to those who gave to to whom I might give/share.
  14. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I was recently diagnosed with Ulcerative colitis and was very sick for 3 months. I droped 40pds in 1 month lost alot of muscle mass,quit shooting for several weeks. I wernt back to shooting and WOW my score are in the potty.

I talked and thought about it and was in pretty bad upset mood. An older fella at the club came to me and asked how I was feeling! He said while I looked much better,he noticed my scores went from High 40s to high 30s(had like94% average) he was concerned, said it wasnt used to not seeing my name in paper for local leagues. He noted I looked like walking dead for a few weeks.

He then told me not to lose hope that all the weight I lost wasnt all fat it was muscle mass as well and I had to basically start all over, while I know how to shoot trap I have to retrain my body as it builds up too!

It was nice that a few people noticed and I was missed week to week. Granted we have grumps and bumps but the HAPPY HEY WE MISSED YOU SOOO MUCH! mean alot too!!

Jerry Lewis
  15. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Active Member

Larry,

I could set you up with a holographic sight so you don't need to raise your head to see the result.

Grins,
    Joe
    joekuhn_2008_030326.jpg
  16. mbm5770

mbm5770 TS Member

IM new to this sport...only around 4 months now. Im in it deep and its gotten into my bones. I have been around to 5-6 different clubs in my area shooting meeting new people and seeing the different backgrounds. At every place the "old timers" have been very help and all in there own way have given me tips and hints on everything from cleaning, to getting my reloader going, to giving me hulls to start out with, shooting advice, manners on the course...and all in a help and polite way. I think one of the man reasons I keep going back is just for the conversations. I not only have a new way to get away from the rat race of life, but I have made some great new freinds in an area that Im not from and didn't grow up in. I hear all the crap about how our "leaders" want to take guns and reloading supplies away from the American people, but honestly as your post says....these are some of the most giving and honest people around. Best of luck in your shooting....

Bryan Miller
    Glen Dale, WV
  17. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Great topic and another quick story. I went to the Southern Grand a few years ago and really struggled all week. A shooter from TN Richard Colley took a look at my scores on rjstuart and took the time to send me an email.
    It basically said to shake it off and it would get better and it did just like he said.

FRedmon
  18. ljutic73

ljutic73 Active Member

Yes there are!....I shoot off a stool and some very kind and good friends (you know who you are!)often help me getting everything from my truck to where it need to be. I very much appreciate all their kind help. Sure makes the shooting go smoother and more enjoyable.
  19. 682LINY

682LINY Member

soom of the best people I have met in my life have been thru trap,( Devi, Martin Guy and J. Wolsey) among them,, and some, I have not met yet, but all have offered help and support the last few years while I have been going through my health problems,,,,Thanks to You All,,,
  20. det131

det131 Member

A few years ago I posted looking for an adult sized stock to replace the cut down one that one of my 4H'rs had on his old Winchester pump. Within miniutes a gentleman on here was making arangements to send me one at no charge for this young man. This young man is in his last year with my program and is still shooting that old Winchester with authority.

Now not only did this All American who has more years shooting than some of you have been alive send me that stock, he followed up by sending me a 1400 auto for me to use in my program to teach kids to shoot. Also at no charge.

Pete I have 40 kids in my program this spring, I have also provided shotgun instruction to three separate Boy Scout troops in the last month. Your gun has become an integral part of the program and is being put to good use on a regular basis. In fact I execise it myself once in a while.

Still can't thank you enough. You just don't find them any better than right her on TS.com

Jim
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.