1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Them Big Ol' Gallon Cans....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rebel Sympathy, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Them Big Ol

Howdy, Boys:

You know those big ol' cans of cheese, beans, etc., you see for sale at Sam's Club? They must be about 1 gallon or more, and some of them have a plastic cover. Well, I would like to find some of them (with plastic cover) to pour my shot into after I open up a new bag of shot. Do any of you know where the best place is to find them? I do not wish to dive into every restaurant dumpster in Cullman, Alabama. I would reckon some of you know what type restaurant is the best bet for getting them with the plastic cover. Please provide information. I was thinking of a Mexican joint? I am much obliged to those who would help me.

Mike

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Three pound coffee cans!

I have one for each size of shot!

Werks fer me!

3. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Thank you! Mike

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

5. locdoc

locdoc Member

1.75L plastic booze bottles work well and pour great.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

6. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Sunny Delight plastic orange juice jug. Holds exactly 25 lbs of shot. Top screws on. No oxidation. Used them for a couple of years now.

7. open choke

open choke TS Member

Cheap containers from the dollar store.

They easily hold 3/4 bag a shot for a small one I don't open a bag unless I'm going to use some of it to load

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

2 litre pop bottles. See the shot inside, tough as nails, easy on/off tops, pour like...............guess what?

9. smoke-eater

smoke-eater Member

check into some liquid laundry soap bottles. I have some, but they have changed the design since I got mine. the ones I have, even have a pour spout. Gary

10. psfive

psfive Member

All of my shot is in the plastic bottles that cranberry, apple, and grape juice come in. Like Dr. Honk says holds 25 pounds and never oxidizes. They never rot or let the shot get wet. Paul in GINebraska.

11. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I use two half gallon milk jugs with the screw on tops. The snap on trops are OK also. 25 pounds of shot is too heavy and I like the half gallon size better. Ray

12. C1

C1 Member

Hey Mike, I can tell you that one of those restaurants there in Cullman serves up the absolute best steak east of my back yard. I don't remember the name but it was a few miles out of town in what looked like an old gas station. Huge steaks and cheaper than dirt. They said the owners owned a feed lot. I'll drive a lot of miles out of my way if I ever get back close.

Gary

13. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

If you save your four and eight pound powder kgs, you can store shot in them.

Place them in a group, use boards to place on the top of them, then place another row of kegs on top of the first layer.

14. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

Wireguy has it right. Use two liter plastic soft drink bottles. Perfect fit for 25 lbs. of shot and very easy to pour.

Doc

15. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Second for the cranberry juice plastic jugs. They have a 1-1/4" opening so you can insert a large funnel. Secure screw cap. They hold a full 25 pounds of shot. They are easy to grip.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

16. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

3rd for the 2 liter Pop bottles. That is all I use, and 25 lbs of shot comes up to just the top of the label on Sam's Club containers.

17. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I use the plastic coffee containers. The lid snaps back on and I "dip" my shot out and pour it in my loader as I need it. I have a line of containers on the back of the table with each labeled as to the size. I even have one for #6 shot when pheasants lived in iowa.

18. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

To answer your question, contact your local high school food director. Our cafeteria threw away dozens each week. The shop teachers used them for lots of things in lab classes.

19. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

empty plastic Sobieski vodka and Tropicana OJ bottles. For some strange reason alot of them seem to wind up together in my recycle bin on monday mornings.

20. shadow

shadow Active Member

2 liter Coke bottles will screw nicely into a Mec loader. Gotta strap that sucker down or you will regret it !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.