1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The WHO in the ATL Tonight

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Second concert in three nights. I have never seen the WHO in concert in their 37 years together. Truthfully I didn't expect much from the two ole Geezers even though they were going to play Quadraphenia front to back. Believe me when I say I was surprised as hell. Roger Daltry's voice was superb even on the last high not of Rain oer Me. Pete was incredible and thier show played about thirty songa in total. Ranks as one of the best concerts I've ever been to! RUSH and the WHO in one week. Rock On !

blade819

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I saw them in 1978 in Edmonton, Alberta on their last tour before Keith Moon died. They played their whole songbook including a complete performance of "Tommy" and then finished with "Won't Get Fooled Again".....it was damn near a religious experience. And Blade, I'd go to see Rush just to witness Neil Peart's drumming....none better..

Ron Burr

3. blade819

Neal Peart in my opinion is the greates modern day drummer that ever hit a tom tom. However, Ringo Starr's little boy, Zach, hit em pretty good last night with the WHO.

blade819

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Agreed....Zach has got big game....but Neal is the gold standard...

Ron Burr

5. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

Good stuff!!

6. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

7. chonny

chonny TS Member

I was at the show last night - what a fantastic concert. My first time seeing The Who and it was worth every penny. I'm glad Pete and Roger didn't die before they got old :)

BTW, ATL is Atlanta!

8. blade819

My wife couldn't believe the great seats I got not from a scalper but via ticketmaster. Section 116 ten rows up.

blade819

9. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Saw the WHO at Alpine Valley back in early 80's...

Sixth row, right in front of Entwistle.

My ears are still ringing!

SW

10. cafowler

cafowler Member

I've seen them twice. Funny I don't remember much besides the 2-day hangover from the last show. First time was with Blackfoot, who blew them away. That and my friend being way more drunk and heading to the stage by dubious means. We found out later he was kicked out by security, but he blamed us for not going along to help, kind of like storming Normandy, frontal assualt, bad idea, good times. Might have to go again if they play close by, probably the only show I will remember. 1st show I went to was Rush at the Cow Palace, I think I was 16. What a show, I was amazed. Love some Eminance Front cranked up loud in the AM on the way duck hunting, better than a cup of hot coffee to get the blood flowing.

Living large seeing the Who & Rush in the same week!!!!!

11. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I thought Moonie was the best drummer ever. Neal Peart is fantastic.

Give a listen to Glen Sobel's drum cam playing Billion Dollar Babies with Alice Cooper. BTW Orianthi Panagaris is lead guaitar.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UduEpJqcxxw?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KfaSUbtB6Js?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.