1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The weather is bad so I am going to load Longshot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

With the weather the way it is, raining trying to snow, I am going to load some semi-fast Longshot loads in STS Hulls using 33 Grs Longshot and 1 1/8th oz #6s
    with Orange AA wad 1475fps @10,300psi

Gary Bryant
    DSr.longshot

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Gary, I have often wondered how your loads compare with mine. I use old AA hulls with 1 1/8 Claybuster wad. Cheddite primers, 21.3 grains of Green dot and 7 1/2 shot. Doesn't kick bad but will smoke em way out there. Jackie B.

3. dshot

dshot Member

So that's how you beat Big Don in the long range shoot out.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

5. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

# 6's ??????

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

DSHOT Trying to start something?

We both shot new shells from AJ Brenner I shot 2 3/4 dram STS 7.5s on the 25 yd line, Win Super Hdcaps from the 30 yard line.

Shooting Jack my reloads for the line and ATA are PROMO POWDER LOADS

I used to shoot 18grs Green Dot years ago 1 1/8thoz years ago, then tried Solo 1250 nfor a few years, relly liked that powder.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

Can't shoot them at my club. Only 7-1/2 or smaller.

8. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I've loaded 30 gr of Longshot and it Chrono'd at 1410fps.

33 gr must be some real flame throwers! And shoulder killers!

Sw

9. sharhope

sharhope Member

Longshot aka loudshot.

10. sporting clay

sporting clay Member

I would recommend loading just a few. I'm guessing after about 4 shells and you will trying to give them away. I shot almost that same load, Kicked liked a mule and sounded like a howitzer. My 391 survived.

11. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

59 and sunny here today, but yeah...a steady diet of Longshot crushers is not something I enjoy. Here are some I loaded up about - two years ago...lol.

They are just a shade under 1 1/4 oz. copper plated 7s and pretty much pedal to the floor in a 1x AA compression case. They kill birds like a rifle.

I usually carried a couple in my bag out on the sporting course just in case anyone else needed a spare shell. ; )

On Sporting league a few years ago, there was a really long bird that everyone was missing. I was last in the rotation and got to watch five other guys shoot at this target twenty times and hit it maybe 3 times in total. I shouldn't have watched that disaster. It messed with my head. I needed to get that mental edge back. I loaded the Longshot crushers. I hit three out of four, dropping the last one because my jaw was throbbing and I lifted my head.

Upon hearing the report of my second barrel, one of my team mates said "Huh...I wonder if Beretta will warranty that?" Then he asked for one of the shells so that he could try that target again. When the gun went off (he missed), this man who normally does not curse let out a hearty "HOLY SH!T!!!"

Tron was on the course that day, but at another station. I offered him some of my shells to try in his 391 (...before he turned K gun snob). Tron won't go near my Longshot reloads.

He was on the line when we were shooting some buddy trap games from the fence later that winter. I used these loads when I was the backup shooter. There was one really memorable shot where my gun went off, everyone on the line stopped and looked at me, and then the target exploded a no BS 100 yards out there. Had to be 2 feet off the ground when it shattered.

I've had my fun with Longshot, but the experiment is over. I used it in the 28 for awhile just to use up the jug, but have moved on to 20/28 and Pro Reach as better performers in that gauge.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.