1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

THE WAY TO MAKE MONEY SHOOTING!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

hello:
    i have always said the way to make money in shooting would be to hire a psychiatrist, purchase a double wide on wheels, purchase some new and used shotguns and travel to all the major shoots. park it near the traps, when the guys shoot bad, have them lay on your couch, hand them some bs advice, then offer to take a gun trade so they would shoot better. i am convinced, each club needs a club psychiatrist. shooters would line up to see the good doctor, like a bakery shop on a sunday morning. at my state shoot, we have the sick, the lame, and the lazy. i include myself in one of these catergories too. most shooters i know, blame misses on everyone and everything but themselves.i am short a and fat shooter. years ago, i had on a bob allen shooting vest, 3 sizes to small. my wife took off the metal clips to close the vest and but a big button in it's place. on saturday of our state shoot, i was shooting above my average, when suddenly the button popped off my vest, and made me shoot over the target. what are some of the wierdest excuses that you have ever heard causing a shooter to miss a target?
    steve balistreri

2. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Steve, My friend, Ron Christensen, once told me: "You are never going to come up with an excuse for missing a trap target that hasn't been used." I think he was right. Though, I will concede that yours is the first time I heard that exact one. Did you blame it on the wife? Rightfully so. Jake

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

hello:
    when i got home, i blamed the target i missed on the way she sews on the button. she asked me if maybe me being over weight by 100 lbs had something to do with it. enough said! the next evening i came home from work and as i walked into the house i asked her why she was ironing white sheets? she said i am ironing one of your shirts.
    steve balistreri

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

THE WAY TO MAKE MONEY SHOOTING! Is to quit shooting.

5. pdq

pdq Member

Easy answer.

Just like racing cars, the best way to end up with a small fortune is to start out with a big fortune.

Pete

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

But did you miss the button as well? It would be a far better excuse if said that you hit the button but missed the target.

7. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Bonnie and Clyde made good money shooting but had no retirement plan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.