1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

The way things are today

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    I wish that today's companies had the same type of customer service that they had back in the 50's and 60's. It became very apparent to me recently that some of today's companies could care less what their customers, customer service experience really is.

I have always been the type of person that pays my bills as soon as the bill arrives. Yesterday, I received a bill in the mail and I quickly wrote out a check and sent it off in the mail. Later in the day, Fed X delivered a letter from the same company that I just mailed my payment to, with them stating that they have sold the servicing rights to another company, and "please do not mail payments to them any longer, as this will only result in my payment being received late, and I would be subject to late charges"????

This company stated in the letter that as of April 14th, 2012 they have stopped accepting payments. The letter was dated 4/25, and I received it on 4/30. They also stated that if they received my payment they would forward my payment to the new company, which would take them at least 30 days causing my payment to be late??? They made sure to mention that customers should not call them in the future.

Customer service blunder #2, started when my elderly mother asked for my help. My mother is on a budget and she has a cell phone and a land line. She asked me if she could give up her land line and still have computer service through AT&T?

I am my mothers POA and I looked at my mother's AT&T bill and jotted their phone# down to call them. A computer voice asked me questions to "better serve me". I answered all the questions and I was transferred to another line.

The line that I was transferred to was only speaking in Spanish. I had to hang up and start the entire process all over again. This time, I was transferred to an English speaking human representative. Despite me giving all the earlier information to the computer to "speed up and make my AT&T experience a bit nicer, I had to repeat the same information to this customer service rep.

After telling her what I wanted, she than said she would transfer me to another department and they would handle my request. I asked her do I have to tell this other department the same things that I just told the computer and her and she said yes, as it's due to privacy laws.

After 15 minutes of holding on the line, the gal told me that they must be busy today, and she would suggest that I call back when they are not so busy.

I have had enough. I HATE having to speak to a computer, and dealing with representatives that can not or will not help and service your needs.

Steve Balistreri
  2. Catpower

Catpower Well-Known Member

I understand your frustrations Steve, they wonder why the unemployment rate is so high, but even the simplest of jobs are being eliminated by machines, in your case an answering machine
  3. white rattler

white rattler Member

Steve, do you get twice a day mail service? Trevor Dawe.
  4. senior smoke

Trevor:
    Normally, I get mail one time per day. I received their letter later by fed x.
    Steve
  5. senior smoke

I forgot to mention that I graduate May 20th. It's been a very hard school year. Right now, I have all A's and one B. If I do well on finals who knows? I promised my father that I'd go back to college and get my degree. Hopefully, he knows that I fulfilled my promise to him?
    Steve
  6. Catpower

Catpower Well-Known Member

Congrats Steve, heck when you get your Bachelors keep pressing on, Dr Steve
  7. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Congratulations -- Steve!!!

I got my Bachelor of Science Manufacturing Engineering -- at the ripe age of 52. Only to find out that all those type jobs are located overseas now. Go Figure.

Chuck
  8. senior smoke

Thanks guys, I am retired, and I will probably no longer need my degree.
    Steve
  9. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Not needing a degree for future employment is one thing...valueing the accomplishment is a great reward in itself. Congratulations!

I feel that customer service made a sharp turn downward the minute companies began installing automated answering systems instead of using live people who speak English and know something about the business they are in!!! Jack
  10. senior smoke

Jack:
    I agree with your comments.
    Steve
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.