1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The wait is over - The Trap App for iPhone & iPad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AllAmer4, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

Many have contacted me and been asking about The Trap App for Apple/iOS devices. It's now ready and available for download at the link above. You can also find it by searching for " The Trap App" on your mobile device.

Thanks for all of your interest and patience. It has been a ton of work to get to this point, but I'm not finished adding features to the app. Stay tuned! Your feedback is always appreciated.

Thanks,

Dean

2. gisteve

gisteve TS Member

just one question, if I am at a shoot and have no internet connection will I be able to enter my scores in the app?

3. 548

548 Guest

You said feedback was appreciated. So here is my opinion. Make an app that replicates the ATA average card. All I want is to record scores and averages just like the paper card from the ATA. Everything else on that app is mumbo jumbo I don't have an interest in. While you may have a market for this app, I think you would enjoy even more success with a simple ATA card app. Thanks.

4. grl

grl Member

you have a pm

5. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

@gisteve - If you don't have a connection, you won't be able to enter scores at that moment. This is the case with most apps.

@548 - The app does exactly that - replicates the ATA card. Give it a try or watch the demo video on our site.

@grl - got it, thanks! I replied.

Dean

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Dean....At the end of the season can you look up how many 25's,24's or any score number you have shot? Like say out of 100 16's shot for the year a person had 32 - 25's, 30 - 24's, 28 - 23's and 10 - 22's.

7. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

Not at the moment. That's helpful feedback though. We'll look to include expanded charts/graphs in a web version of the app. It is on my enhancements list though, thanks!

Dean

8. gisteve

gisteve TS Member

to bad, i was looking forward to trying the app, but having to have an internet connection to enter scores makes it a no purchase for me.

i disagree that this is the case with most apps, i use ballistic and reloading apps at the range with no internet access, these are just resident databases on the device so the information can be accessed any time. you should look into making the trap app the same.

@gisteve - If you don't have a connection, you won't be able to enter scores at that moment. This is the case with most apps.

9. James344

James344 Active Member

I have to agree with gisteve. I was looking forward to this app coming out. Needing an internet connection makes it very difficult to spend even the $4.99 for it.

10. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

Guys,

What prohibits your internet connections?

WiFi is everywhere. Internet connections shouldn't be a problem.

Pull in to a McDonald's for a coke & bathroom break on the way home & enter scores.

It's less than a box of non-premium target loads.

I think it's pretty slick

11. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

how do you create an acct after you download app?

12. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

Click the Sign Up button in the top right corner of the screen.

Dean

13. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

got it thanks

14. 548

548 Guest

I just bought it. Entered last years scores just for fun.

It is kind of neat if you're into playing with your phone. I like it.

15. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

A Trap App is useless to nearly everyone. If it's too much of a challenge to remember if you won, got a punch, or have a 100% average on Doubles, maybe it's time to play video games. Send me $4.99 along with an email of all your scores and I'll email them back to you every-time you ask. The info will be as accurate as what you send in and updates are up to you. WOW, what a deal!

I'm waiting for the chip to come out that is imbedded in the back of our neck. Then we could scan it with our smart phone, compute our chances of not winning, realize we can't win, just send an electronic payment to the Pro Shooters Foundation and save gas and shells.

16. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

I bought the app for my iphone5. I am on a wifi system at my office. I entered a new shoot and couldn't submit it. I get a message that says "can't upload, try again later" I have wasted a lot of time trying to do this. Whats wrong?

17. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

Tom,

Please check your email. I've sent you a message to help fix the issue.

Thanks,

Dean

18. PSA #33

PSA #33 Member

two thinks I do not like:
    1) the date format year-month-date
    2) the event # box only takes numerical characters.
    jake

19. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

Jake, what do you like about it? The date format is only in one screen and a very minor issue.

@548 I'm glad you like it!

Dean

20. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

If you're doing it on your iphone aren't you pretty much always going to have internet access through the phone signal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.