1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

THE VILLAGES, FLORIDA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunpeople, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Hello,

My wife and I spent a little time at The Villages in Florida last week. After seeing this place, we are renting a place for the month of December this year, in anticipation of a purchase there next year.

We saw a web site for a Trap and Skeet Club at The Villages that gets together at Robinson Ranch each week.

If anyone from this group is reading this, we would like some more information about it, and if visitors to The Villages are allowed to participate with the group.

A PM if you would like would be great.

Thanks, Dave in SC

2. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

I have not been to Robinson Ranch but understand it is a great place to shoot.

Eustis Gun Club is closer. They do trap, skeet, five stand, modified clay, rifle, pistol and Cowboy shoots. A great club.

The other direction is the Flager County Gun Club.

Volusia Skeet and Trap is not that far.

There is a club in Gainesville, Fl that has Olympic style real man shotgun shooting.

Be careful at the Villages. The area is rated very high in the STD department. Use protection. The group made the news about it.

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I live in the Villages, Disney World for adults---best retirement community---case closed.

I shoot @ Robinson Ranch 2 to 3 times a week. This is just an opinion, but I think RR is the best shooting establishment in FL, shooters are Tom's bread & butter & he aims to please.

Phil Berkowitz

4. shotgunpeople

Thanks Guys...

Phil, I will be in touch as December gets closer...

Slowdp, at my age no worries about STDs.. LOL.

I have heard about this twice this week now..LOL

Dave

PS: yes indeed, it was "Spring Break" for adults there for sure...

We loved the place !

5. wopahoe

wopahoe Member

I agree with Phil 100%. The ranch is one of the most user friendly clubs you will ever go to. Ron Piro

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Who knows Dave, maybe you will earn the moniker of "Bang Bang" for a different reason this time ????? LOL. Sorry buddy- couldn't let that one go by !!

7. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

You gotta be real careful in the Villages happy hour 3-5, open carry (booze) 10 oz of JW REd $6.00--such a deal. If you're single & still breathing lots of 70+ virgins willing to surrender it to you. Make sure you have 911 on speed dial, you never know when you will get lucky or unlucky !!!

Phil

8. shotgunpeople

Phil,

My single buddy who lives there told me about the place and the gals...Unbelievable...The pools had lots of eye candy but my wife made me use my side blinders on my glasses...LOL

We wandered around The Villages for two nights and three days. Those Happy Hours with the Golf Cart races after they close were amazing. We also loved wtching the Older folks dancing in the twon squares each night to the live bands....

Finding more and more friends from the Rochester, NY area we know who live there...

Blizzard...Goodness, my old moniker will never leave me by those who knew my "Skeet" days...LOL...I'lll never forget how I got that..LOL...AND, it wasn't with the gals..(Darn)

9. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

70+ virgins - eye candy in the pool? Reminds me of an old joke: What does a man having sex with a 70 year old woman and a tight rope walker have in common? They're both thinking "don't look down".

10. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I heard if you have ED you can shoot in the womens class at Robinsons Ranch just remember to sit down in the ladies rest room or you will be disqualified.

Like the Harley guys say fat women are like Hondas you know they give you the best ride you just don't want to caught riding one.

11. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

There ain't no ladies room @ RR. Had to sit after back surgery--the doc told me " don't lift anything heavy for 6 weeks"

Phil Berkowitz

12. shotgunpeople

OMG Phil...

Sorry to hear that..tee hee hee

No ladies room either...Guess I can leave the Missus home...She out shoots me any way...(Blizzard, NO comment from you ! LOL)

13. Baber

Baber TS Member

The Villages has a Gun Club hat meets and goes to various facilities to shoot. The come to Gator about every 2-3 months to shoot the bunker. Great bunch of guys.

Tom

14. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

$5.00 for members, $7.00 non-members

Phil Berkowitz

15. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

what are the RE prices at the Villages?

16. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

You can get manufactured houses from $80 K to premier homes over a million. Lots in between. For about $200/month-you get the folllowing: free golf on the executive courses, access to all the rec centers,access to all the pools, tennsis and countless other activities, water, irrigation, trash pickup. Go to the Villages website--what you see is what you get. In the last 12 months they sold over 2800 new properties & 1800 existing properties.

Phil Berkowitz

17. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Geez, sounds like a good place to hide. Would a 40 yr. old male look out of place ?

18. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Not at all, lots off people there in better shape than some 20 year olds, best antique car club, best convertible club, super cars up the zazoo, 200 miles of golf cart paths.

Most important thing 4 minute emergency response time & unbelievable medical facilities--just opened a Moffitt Cancer hospita.

Lots of softball leagues, biggest bowling league in Fl., & for all you big city boys--stick ball on Sun morning.

Phil Berkowitz

19. shotgunpeople

Phil hit it on the head.

We were only there for three days and fell in love with the place. I have a friend I grew up with and he is now a realtor down there. He took us around to look at homes, and after our month long visit this coming December, we are sure we will be selling out here in SC and moving to The Villages. So many folks from around our hometown of Canandaigua, NY, along with guys I used to work with in Rochester, we decided this is for us.

I have seen there is a Trap and Skeet group at The Villages. Going to find out if they have a little leage shooting or just a group of shooters having fun.

Going to have to have an Enclosed Lanai..Boss says that will be the Man-Cave for our collection..

Can't wait !!!

Dave
    [​IMG]

20. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

We shoot leagues @ Robinson Ranch--50 minutes away, also the Silver Dollar is an hour an 15 minutes away.

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
distance between robinson ranch and the villages trapshooting
the villages florida rude forums
the villages skeet club
the villages trap and s
the villages trap and skeet club
trap shooting at the villages florida
trapshooting facilities near the villages fl

villages trap and skeet club