1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Very Best Thread on This Site

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

There is a thread on this site that is so much better than any other, I believe I need to point it out. This thread always remains the third one from the top. All you have to do is click on the thread, go to another site and send an e-mail to your Senator or Representative. In 10 seconds, you are ready to send an e-mail to your representatives. So many fuss about what happens in DC, but they tell the rest of us about it and do not tell their representatives.

I believe everyone on this site should use this thread at least once a month. Please try it once, as a personal favor to me. To just a few posters, please do not use the strong language with your Congressman as you use on this site. That would clearly show your opinion should be discounted.

Pat Ireland

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Pat, That's great advice. AS shooters we most certainly are going to have a very tough time over the next four years. Along with the Salvation Army, we should keep the NRA in our thoughts for contributions. We are blessed in this country and it's a shame so few seem to appreciate it. Happy Thanksgiving and GOD BLESS AMERICA. Bob

3. Tommy67

Tommy67 Member

Great reminder, Pat. I often contact my Senator or Congressman via e-mail when I need to express an opinion. I have always received a response. If you stop and think about it, very few people contact their representatives, therefore the Senators and Congressman tend to put more emphasis on the ideas and opinions expressed by those who do take the time. We can and do make a difference. Please continue to support the NRA, and contact your government reps. I don't always agree with my Senator and I don't always agree with the NRA, but they are what we have, so let's use them.

Tom

4. M-16

M-16 TS Member

Very good point Pat. The need to vote and remind our employees/ elected officials to do the right thing

5. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Pat,

You are absolutely correct and thanks for pointing this out!

Some of the Very Best Threads on This Site are often posted by YOU, just like the one above.

Happy Thanksgiving!

milt

6. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

Pat,

You're right on with advice. I've written so many times

to mine that I have both State and National Reps in my e-

mail address book.

Gives me a quick response time that way.. LOL.

Gary

7. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Pat, I have been doing just that since I learned how to operate the computer. I use the NRA site, but for the life of me I do not understand these people with the ," Why should I? It doesn't do any good." attitude............Roger

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Pat great idea. Like you said it only takes seconds.

I do wonder though how effective it is? They must get thousands, don't know if they get read or not. I know I don't read 95% of the email sent to me.

On issues I feel strongly about I call the congressman's office on the telephone. That way I at least "tie" up a staffer and I then know somebody in the office heard me.

I think come January we all ought to plan on setting time aside for contacting our representatives. Some of the issues I hear coming up are: assault weapons ban, fairness doctrine, amnesty for illegals, raising taxes, etc... There is going to be an assault on the Bill of Rights, 1 through 10.

God help us, because Ojackass sure as hell isn't.

9. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Represenative Burton's office finally wrote me back to let me know they agreed with me on not approving of the original bank bailout. . . The Honorable Dan Burton was one of the few that voted "NO" both times. . .

I've kept all my responses from my congressmen throughout the years. . . I agree with Pat, please keep in frequent contact with your congressmen, keep the email to a couple paragraphs at most and no harsh language, etc....

And while we are at it, let's each recruit one NRA member before X-mas even if it means buying a membership for someone!

NRA Life Member and still giving monthly. . .

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I contact them so often they have me on their mailing list ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Conservatives in my Congressional District - #1 Washington - are all on our representatives' "do not resuscitate" list.

I get a better responses from the State offices than from the federal.

12. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

The very best thread or threads on this site are anything thread that Pat Ireland has either started or has given his wise wisdomatic opinions on.

13. chuckles

chuckles Member

Write your Congressman or Senator....what a friggin joke...

you guys must be high on drugs or something...

regards

14. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter

Done for the senate. The link for our rep didn't work.

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

Joe- The link is operated by the Federal Government. I can't understand why it did not work. I thought everything operated at that level always worked flawlessly.

Pat Ireland

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I think emailing congress is a waste. They simply cannot wade through all the emails. Much better to send a postcard with a simple NO GUN BAN or something similar on it, or a letter. Real mail has to be physically handled. Email can be mass deleted (and mass ignored).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.