1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Value of A M1 carbine?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Arkie, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkie

Arkie Member

I have a General Motors M1 Carbine and I was wandering what it was worth. The barrel has June 1944 on it. Thanks Rick

2. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Go to the CMP site. Carbine forum... The boys on there will need a LOT more info but they can get you real close on the value.

FYI, they will want to know all the markings on all the parts. The type and any cartouches on stock, MW, PICS will help you a ton.

You can also try here...http://www.forums.m1carbineclub.com/forum_topics.asp?FID=1&PN=2

AJ100

3. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Mr. Charles, how are ya? Heard from "ellen" yet?...LOL

Can't beat the CMP site for info. I only have one Carbine but it is my Dads bring back IBM. 10-43, 99% parts IBM right down to the smallest detail. I saw one complete IBM go on gunbroker for $2679.00. It WAS minty, a little too minty I think. Very rare to get one with ALL the same parts since they exchanged parts between the different mfgs. due to shortages. Some of the parts on mine are not marked at all. Common situation. In the condition mine is in it should be in the $2200.00 - $2500.00 range. Retirement time, a lot more.

AJ100

4. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

I know what you mean about the Garands. I drove to the North store last july when they got some of the first shippments in. About a 4 hour run one way. I got in line at 6:15, the store opened at 8:30. I was number 17. LOL

Picked out a nice SA SG 5.9, LEAD 66 barrel. Everything is SA except the front sight. It's a WRA. The metal has the nice green park and only shiney on the high spots. MW and TE were like new. It had a Danish return stock but with a GAW cartouche. I think I'll sell the stock. I put a CMP walnut set on her and it turned out pretty nice. I picked up a case of Greek in enblocs while I was there but after tax on the ammo I think it is a better deal to order it thru the E-store and pay the shipping instead of the tax.

I plan on shooting some of the CMP matches for fun. Gotta be better than paying the prices for shooting trap. Of course my wife thinks I'm nuts. $595.00 plus tax to hear that "ping". Yeah, I got Garanditis just like all us guys that like shooting the USGI stuff. Have fun with your rifles. Good shooting!

AJ100

5. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I have one that's so worn it tri bursts once in awhile.It does,nt even rate parts grade probably but I bet it has one hell of a history. I just don't know what it is.

6. Arkie

Arkie Member

Thanks for all the infor. Rick

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

In the 1970's, one could buy a M-1 Carbine's for $50.00. I bought two one day at the Denver gun show. Is there still military ammo for those guns on the market?

8. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Check Cabela's for ammo. I got some there a few years ago.

9. finger

finger TS Member

My wife has a Rock-Ola, the rarest of them all. It came from the NRA DCM release way back in the 60's for $15.00 Her dad restocked it with walnut and beautiful carving including her initials. Thank goodness the metal is all "as issue", not that it will ever be for sale.

War time produced a high of 2,600,000 units by Inland (GMC), 818,000 by Winchester, 413,000 by National Postal Meter, 346.500 by IBM and a low of 228,500 by Rock-Ola. I skipped a few makers in between but a total of 6,118,000 M1 Carbines made during the years 1942-45. bob finger

10. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

mc, did you see the pics of the Greek M2 in the latest issue of the GCA Journal? The pic is of 22M out of the 60M they brought back in to the country.

We should have enough to last a little while. I'm ordering 2 more cases this week. Just in case.LOL

AJ100

11. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

mc, the pic is of the Greek M2 30-06 ammo. I didn't mean to imply it was carbine ammo. Sorry.

They have PLENTY of the M2 pictured left.

AJ100

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.