1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

THE VALUE OF A GRACOIL

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by goose2, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Will installing a Gracoil or such recoil reducer lower the value of a new trap gun. Been thinking about putting one on my brand spankin new trap gun, But I don't want it to hurt the value of it in case I decide to sale it.

2. teleskier

teleskier Member

I don't see how it is going to hurt the value. You can always take it off and put the stock pad back on. Mike

3. gasman03

gasman03 Member

Why are you going to put it on in the first place? Looks? Recoil? Resale? I would think you would want to do what you had to to make the gun fit you for better shooting. But there are guys out there with seat covers on their new truck saving it for the next guy.

Corey

4. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Good question!

I asked myself the same thing and here is the answer. I bought a brand new KX-5 and wanted to learn to shoot the gun. One big problem, it kicked like a mule and I was not used to that recoil.

I had shot AL-391's about 30,000 times and the KX was put back in the case. A good friend of mine bought a Kolar combo and the local gunsmith put a non-adjustable LOP Gracoil on his gun.

He shot it better than ever and really needed the unit to lengthen the gun more than reduce recoil.

I figured if he did it then heck why not. I had an adjustable LOP Gracoil installed and man did it make a big difference. I had a few adjustment issues and I hated to cut the wood, but I also wanted to avoid a concussion. The 391's were cleaned and put in their cases.

I also bought a Browning O/U that had a non-adjustable Gracoil on it and I broke the best scores in doubles ever.

When I decided to sell the KX-5 the perfect person wanted the gun and it now resides in Winnemucca Nevada.

These folks wanting to sell the KX for 4300 and up will be lucky to get that price for the gun. I was able to sell my KX-5 with a release trigger for 4100.

My friend still has his Kolar and I bought a Kolar Combo also. I have decided to leave my gun the way it is for now.

Personally I don't think it will hurt your resale. If you need the recoil reduction then go for it. If you are already thinking about selling the gun, leave it the way it is.

Your target total may vary and good luck on your decision.

38-01615

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.