1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Un-Teflon President

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bushmaster1313, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

President Reagan's detractors called him the "Teflon" President because his mistakes did not stick.

America forgave and forgot because President Reagan always acted with grace, humility and a sincere love for America, its People and the Constitution.

President Obama acts with none of the above. No doubt he will be remembered as the worst President ever.

2. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

A title previously held by George W. Bush. I bet Bush is thankful Obama became president.

3. Bushmaster1313

"A title previously held by George W. Bush. I bet Bush is thankful Obama became president."

What non-Far Left Liberal considers Gearge W. Bush to be the worst President ever?

4. SeldomShoots

This conservative figures Bush to be the worst president ever 2nd in line only to Obama regarding presidents (definately in the 21st century and likely of all time). Perhaps you should wake up and realize that Bush was the first president to preside of the highest spending administration in America, until Obama came along. They both suck as presidents. If you were a true conservative you would realize that. As far as your far left liberal accusations of others go, look in the mirror if you think either of these two idiot predidents were conservative.

Enough said.

5. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

The Washington Post babbled again today about Obama inheriting a huge deficit from Bush, blah blah blah. Amazingly enough, a lot of people swallow this nonsense.
    So once more, try a short civics lesson.
    Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress, and the party thatcontrolled Congress since January 2007 is theDemocratic Party.
    They controlled the budget process forFiscal Year2008 andFiscal Year2009, as well asFiscal Year2010 andFiscal Year2011. In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedlygot tough on spending increases.ForFiscal Year2009, though, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reidby-passed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep governmentrunning until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, they passed amassiveomnibus spending bill to complete theFiscal Year2009 budgets.
    And where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to completeFiscal Year2009.
    Let's remember what the deficits looked like during that period:

If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the FY 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficitspending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includesBarack Obama, who voted for the budgets. If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself.
    In a nutshell,what Obama is saying is I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dumbhoosier

Dumbhoosier TS Member

Does anyone remember LBJ and Jimmy Carter?

7. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

It's the CONGRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, folks.

8. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

I can't believe anyone would write the the title of "Worst President Ever" was previously held by G.W. Bush.
    Luvs2shoot -- where were you during the Carter administration. Carter still holds the record; however, Obummer is trying very hard to unseat Carter and given his first year will no doubt succeed.

You can dislike or even hate Bush, but there is no comparison to Carter. Carter is currently the gold standard for failure.

Chip

9. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Worst president ever? Google is your friend! Look it up......before Obama, Bush had the number one spot by a landslide.......now he's number 2. Before Obama was elected I didn't think we would ever have as poor a president as Bush, but we do now! Problem is Number 2 was primarily responsible for the election of Number 1!

10. Bushmaster1313

The main thing that the Liberal and their lackeys in media had against George W. Bush was that he is true-believing born again christian.

You can see this to be true by looking at the things they said about him before the 2000 election. Stupid, beady eyed, frat boy, etc.

As President he did everything in his power to protect America and as far as I know the vast majority of men and women in uniform respected him for who he was what he did for them.

And if you want to complain about the two unecessary wars, take a look at the map of Iran. America has its armies on Iran's left and right flank.

11. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Husein by a landslide
    Carter
    Rosevelt
    Johnson

12. EE

EE Banned User Banned

George Bush was a good guy, but he spent money as bad as any Democrat prior to Obama. If you missed that, you have not been keeping up. And remember, George Bush started the corporate bailouts.

And yes, the Federal Budget DOES originate from the President, as required by law. Read the Budget and Accounting Act of 1921. Congress can, and does, create additional spending, but it starts with the President.

EE

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

So much for blaming it on "the weather". What a bunch of phonies.

"All 50 states were hit with increases of more than one percentage point in their unemployment rates last year, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The sharpest rise occurred in Michigan, where the average jobless rate for 2009 was 13.6 percent, up 5.3 points from 2008’s average of 8.3 percent.

The only other state with an increase of more than five points was Nevada, which soared from an average unemployment rate of 6.7 percent two years ago to 11.8 percent last year.

North Carolina’s increase was 4.4 points — from an annual jobless rate of 6.2 percent in 2008 to 10.6 percent in 2009. The average number of individuals employed during 2009 was 4.06 million, down from 4.29 million in 2008. The average number of unemployed rose to 484,000 from 283,000.

The figures were contained in the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ year-end report for 2009, which included a full set of annual averages. The results for all 50 states and the District of Columbia can be accessed by clicking here. North Dakota was the most stable state in 2009. Its annual unemployment rate of 4.3 percent was just 1.1 points higher than its 2008 average of 3.2 percent."

"

14. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

And the hits just keep comin'.

"- March 05, 2010
    Reid: 36,000 Lost Jobs in February 'Really Good'

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is catching heat for portraying Friday's labor report showing 36,000 jobs lost in February as "really good" news.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is catching heat for portraying Friday's labor report showing 36,000 jobs were lost in February as "really good" news.

"Today is a big day in America. Only 36,000 people lost their jobs today, which is really good," Reid said Friday on the Senate floor.

Republicans drew attention to the remark, which was captured in a YouTube clip, while bloggers railed against the Nevada Democrat.

Other officials appeared a bit more tactful in their interpretation of the February jobless numbers, which showed the unemployment rate holding steady at 9.7 percent despite prior suggestions that February's record snowfall might drive that number up.

President Obama called the report "better than expected," but he added that the number of unemployed is still "more than we should tolerate."

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer noted that in February 2009, the country lost 700,000 jobs, and that the past month's report shows job losses are slowing.

"Nevertheless, millions of Americans remain out of work, and Congress will continue to focus on creating jobs," Hoyer said in his written statement."

15. SeldomShoots

Bushmaster,

I don't fault you for your opinions, just your one sided beliefs.

"The main thing that the Liberal and their lackeys in media had against George W. Bush was that he is true-believing born again christian."

Just what exactly did this "born again crhistian" do when he had a republican controlled house and senate and a supreme court with several republican appointees, to curb or stop abortion/s? I may have been asleep, but I don't recall any legislation introduced to stop them.

I think you can leave Bush's religious status out of it. I know a lot of people who claim to be "good christians" and just the opposite is true of them. The problem with this country is that "good christian" is a soundbite and not a way of life. If you are good christian, the last thing you have to do is to tell someone that you are or that someone else is. An individual's actions will speak for themselves.

chipped, during the Carter administration I was farming with my dad and drawing some pretty high interest on money that I had in the bank. At least under Carter, I had money in the bank. Equipment was cheaper, farmers had investment credit, which Reagan took away. We got depreciation in place of investment credit, but it was very low in the first several years, especially when you are talking about buying a $150K+ combine.

Where were you and what were you doing during that time period? Further, I don't recall gas and diesel being as high based against my income back then as it was under Bush's administration. In my area, there was no 70's fuel shortage or lines at the pump. So, I feel quite justified in Bush being tagged as the 2nd worst president we have ever had, at least during my lifetime. Carter was no count either, and I never agreed with his sanctions on Russia and the grain embargo. That wasn't the real cause of the drop in land value and loss of farms in the late 70's and early 80's, pi$$ poor management was the cause of that and too much easy money from Production Credit and Federal Landbank. Too many farmers overextended themselves financially. Personally, I would have sold grain to the Russians because its just as easy to shoot a fat Russian as it is a skinny one, probably easier.

No doubt that some of Bush's misfortune came at the hands of his predecessors, (like all presidents), some came at the hands of a democrat controlled congress, some came at the hands of a republican controlled congress and some was purely of his own doing.

chip and Bush, I can tell that you are one sided voters who vote for the party and not the person. You need to be true conservatives not just because you think Republicans are, but pick the people who truly are conservative and don't follow party lines. If you don't you will reap what you sow. I hope that you would and will expect more from government officials rather than trying to justify their actions and inactions.

16. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Russ, the last time Bush had an approval rating of at least 60 was in June of 03, way before the campaign started. Further, he had a really short spike up to 70 in April of 03, and the last time he was actually in the 70's was in mid 02. So, to say it was in the "60's and 70's" is inaccurate.

Look, I know you guys hate Obama, and trust me, no worse than I do, but don't make Bush out to be a saint just for the sake of argument. Bush's liberal spending habits helped grease the skids for all the spending that has taken place since Obama got in office.

EE

17. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

sptnclays, well put. This country must get its deficit spending under control or we will be digging up the dandelion roots in the lawn to eat.

18. Bushmaster1313

This thread was about President Obama compared to President Reagan.

Why do the Liberals insist on bashing President Bush?

19. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Bush,,because their liberals,,that's all they know,,

20. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Because they are afraid/ashamed to admit they voted for hussein or agree with the democrat's doctrine....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.