1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The un insurance, Obamacare...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rpeerless, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Just a FYI, Obamacare for my family is the un insurance. It's like why have insurance at all? For years this family has paid insurance premiums and never received a doctor's bill.
    Last January first, our family plan according to pamphlets was changed to the new "Obamacare prototype". For one, the insurance premium payroll deduction increased about $1400 dollars to several thousand dollars anually payroll deduction.
    Each family member now has an annual limit or maximum of $1500 dollars and a $500 dollar deductible.
    But that's not all for one family member I have six patient responsibility bills that range from $45 to over $300 for one issue. Pharmacy also has patient responsibility to the tune of $125. for one issue, besides paying $70 per month payroll deduction.
    So after having just premium costs and great coverage we now have high premium costs and must now add doctor bills to the budget where once there were none. Lab fee bill for one family member after insurance $200. per visit.

The un insurance insurance... so now it was recommended that we buy a supplemental insurance to help with the patient responsibility portions of the bills.

This is for a family of three.

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I know what you mean, my wife just got a letter yesterday that said Oct 1 her ins rate goes up 36%

She has had the same coverage for 3 yrs never a claim, and they haven't paid a dime for her coverage as deductibles were never met

I'm in the state pool because I've had cancer and nobody would touch me, but the ins I have is useless, $7500 deductible,and you have to jump through hurdles to get them to pay anything I use the VA, damn glad we have one of the best rated ones in the country

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Maybe "Traders" will read this post and explain to you why this is a good thing for you and the rest of America

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Rick, Do you mean Traders or Traitors?

5. rpeerless

Rick means "Traders", you have to read the other thread re: Healthcare costs for 2013 rising 7.5%.

Additionally with regard to my initial remarks, this is the only insurance plan that is currently being offered by the employer. In prior years one could choose from at least three plans.

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Two gals at work were refused surgeries this summer. One needed her second knee replaced and the other has been refused back surgery. Funny thing is, they both voted for Jughead. If the insurance company can stall long enough, good things should happen to their bottom line.

7. rpeerless

Is your insurance the Obamacare prototype? Why were their surgeries refused?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.