1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The truth behind the pink sad sad sad

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wireguy, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

http://www.redstate.com/breeanneh/2011/10/13/behind-the-pink-ribbon/

2. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Sad! Always found it perplexing how liberals are against capital punishment, yet fight to murder the most innocent and helpless human life on our planet.

milt

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Liberalism is a mental illness!

4. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

This is just one more reason to wonder if donations make it to where they should. I have a feeling if the government, science and medical community really wanted to cure cancer we would have a cure by now. If the medical community truly is working on a cure, then one has to wonder if too much of donated money is siphoned off for administrator's and director's salaries, or earmarked for programs that are unrelated to the stated goals of the organization.

John

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

You think thats bad, check out United Way!

6. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

That's why instead of United Way, I give to Ted Nugent's Kamp for Kids at my work. As long as they let me do it, I will.

Trapgeek

7. Claydotter

Claydotter Active Member

Here`s some interesting info on Komen. 2009-2010 They took in 400 million. 40.6 million went to "Administrative Costs." Good Lord!
    Click on the URL above to read the Wiki article.
    Regards, Pete

8. hopper810

hopper810 Member

JMO--I don't think a cure will be found for any of the "major"illnesses. There's way to many people making way tooo much money to give that up.All the way from the researchers,Dr's pharmacy's etc-etc.It a sad thing to feel this way,but I really think this is happening.

Yes I have lost loved ones from cancer and other illnesses so I know what it's like when a loved one is lost.

Do you really think a vehicle can't be made to get 100's of MPG.The oil industry and all that's involved ain't gonna let that happen!!!

Just my thoughts and rambles

Jerry.

9. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Don't donate a single dime to anything that starts with UN. United Way, Unicef,
    UNESCO etc. The United Nations is the ultimate recipent of those funds and distributor of same after they scrape off 50 to 80% for "admin fees".

Much better places to make donations than the UN parasites.

10. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

There is a woman running for State Assembly in New Jersey who works for a "non-profit", as she describes it. She commutes to Manhattan by ferry which is expensed to her non-profit. I have stock broker friends who take the train or the bus to the same destination because then ferry is outrageously expensive. How much of what her non-profit raises do you think reaches the intended recipients? Imagine what she would do with the public's money if elected!

11. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Many years ago, I was a supervisor in a UAW shop. One of my duties was to canvas employees for payroll deductions for The United Way. Sitting with a black union stewart, we would ask each man to setup a payroll deduction. A new employee from the hills of Kentucky read the list of organizations and said "I don't see nothin for no white people, I'm not givin". This kid stated what a lot of people thought, too many special interest groups and too much siphoned off at the top.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.