1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Trap App - iPhone Update

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AllAmer4, Jul 17, 2013.

1. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

For those folks who have downloaded The Trap App for iPhone, there was an update that went out tonight. The update improves the signup screen (eliminates many items), allows you to save yardage/class/category so each shoot pre-populates those items, improves the calendar options, as well as the Shoots list.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug that is preventing users from logging in. We're working right now to fix this issue and hopefully it can be fixed without needing to go through Apple's lengthy approval/review process. In the meantime, it is possible to delete the current version, then download again (at no cost). This workaround will allow you to enter data while we work on a fix.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. Please let me know via PM if you have any issues with it or if you have any suggestions for future updates. I'm always looking for feedback.

Thanks,

Dean

2. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

3. undersluice

undersluice Member

Dean - I updated today morning and was able to log-in after the update. But I tried again a few moments ago, I cannot log-in , the launch window just hangs in there !!

If I delete the app and try downloading again, won't it try downloading your v1.1 , which supposedly has the bug ? Also, what happens to my saved down if I delete the app and re-install it ? Will I have to key-in all my data again ?

Hope you fix this ASAP, we have the western zone starting today !!

Thanks,
    JB

4. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

JB,

All data is stored on our servers, not in the device itself. So deleting and reinstalling won't cause you to lose the data. That is the recommendation right now.

The bug is related to the actual update process, not functionality in the new version. Please PM me if that doesn't work. Several others have had success doing this, so it has helped me isolate the problem.

Dean

5. undersluice

undersluice Member

Hi Dean - I reinstalled the application and it now works fine.

I like the new features !!

Thanks,
    JB

6. jbifulco

jbifulco Member

Is there any plans for an Android app?

Thanks,

Joe

7. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

Joe the Android app has been available since February. Search Google Play for trapshooting or The Trap App and it should appear as the first result. I'm holding back this latest update for Android though until I can root out the bug.

JB-thanks! Many more changes are in the works. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Dean

8. jbifulco

jbifulco Member

Just downloaded it and entered my info. Thanks.

Joe

9. rawhohusaglocol

rawhohusaglocol Member

@AllAmer4:
    Dean,
    Downloaded the update and now when I hit the "shoots" tab, it only shows the last 11 out of my 29 shoots. So I deleted the app and re-installed it with no change. Any advice?
    John

10. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

John,

Do you have the All option selected for both Year and Type? Press Submit also once you have those chosen. The new update allows users to filter by type(ATA, PITA, League, and Practice) and target year. Please PM me if you have other issues.

Thanks,

Dean

11. rawhohusaglocol

rawhohusaglocol Member

@Unknown1: I'm just going to make pretend that I didn't read your comment!

12. rawhohusaglocol

rawhohusaglocol Member

@AllAmer4: Dean, I do have the options selected for both year and type. Once selected, I hit the search button and only the last 11 shoots appear on my screen. I've tried deleting and re-installing the app, re-booting both my iPad and iPhone with no luck. Any other suggestions? Thanks, John

13. James344

James344 Active Member

I am having the same problem as rawhohusaglocol. I'm using the app to keep track of my son's shooting, and only the last 11 shoots are apearing, and I too am choosig ALL for both type and year.
    Jim

14. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

Somehow this filter was left out of the latest update. We are including that in the next release, as well as some other bug fixes that we've found. After Apple approves, you'll be able to see all shoots rather than only the last 11.

I apologize for the inconvenience. We're working as quickly as possible to fix everything.

Thanks,

Dean

15. Gary Beer

Gary Beer Member

I've deleted the app and the installed it 3 times now. It works for awhile and then quits. Just tried to open it again and it just says loading?? It been trying to load for 5 minutes? How many times will I have to do this?
    GBeer

16. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

We've hit a road block that is now totally out of our hands. The Apple Developer Center(where every iPhone app is submitted, approved and distributed) has been hacked. It is all over the news.

As a result, Apple has closed it until they resolve the problem and make improvements to prevent this from happening again. Once they reopen, I'll be able to get an update out to everyone and fix the bug. They haven't given us an expected date or time as to when it will be ready, so please sit tight. This is frustrating for me also.

I'll keep everyone posted on the status, when I know more. This is impacting every app, from Facebook, Twitter, and Foxnews to the small guys like The Trap App.

Thanks,

Dean

17. 548

548 Guest

I like the app. It was worth five bucks. I hope this issue is resolved quickly for you though. Even if it is no fault of your own, you willstill lose customers quickly with a five dollar app that only functions now and then. My app is also stuck on the loading screen.

18. James344

James344 Active Member

Received an update to the app on my iPad yesterday. All shoots appear now, just multiple pages to scroll through. Thanks for the quick work.
    Jim

19. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

Jim,

We ran into some obstacles, mainly bad luck/timing. Otherwise it would have been fixed sooner. Aplple's developer center was hacked and shut down for two weeks. Nobody could submit updates during this time. But it's back up and working now. Thanks for everyone's patience.

As for the long list item you noted. I assume you're referencing the Shoots list? Once your list includes 11 shoots, you can view by pages. Meaning they are split up into 10 shoots/page. Click through to page two, or sort by target year and type (ATA,PITA, League or Practice). That will help with your views.

The next update will be a big one, so it will take some time. More details to come as we finalize the plans!

Thanks,

Dean

20. targetchip

targetchip Banned User Banned

One of the best app. on the market!

Search tags for this page

trap app for iphone