1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The stickers?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hcopd, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hcopd

hcopd TS Member

What are those stickers I see on the bottom of the stocks of those olympic shooters example
    [​IMG]

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I'm going to conjecture they are some form of certification stickers for shooting in that competition...

Might be kinda cool for big trapshoots... Grand, State shoots, satellites...

imagine they would be cheaper than buttons...

3. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I didnt know they shot k80's in the olympics.. all i ever see is Perazzi's..lol..

4. hcopd

hcopd TS Member

They are pretty cool though

5. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Prior to competing in a sanctioned Olympic or Bunker trap event, all contestant's guns must be inspected by the judge(s) to ensure they are in compliance with governing body rules. For example, there are limits to the amount of porting that may be used, and the gun must be inspected to ensure it operates properly, etc.

Once the gun passes inspection, a sticker is applied to the stock. Usually each event has its own stickers. Thus, the sentimental value some shooters attach to them.

bluedsteel

6. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

I just couldn't vision putting an ugly sticker on my stock of an expensive gun. The whole time I would be applying it, I would be thinking of the sticky residue on the wood when I want to take it off :)

7. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

They are probably vinyl, which leaves no sticky residue.

8. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Bluedsteel is right: they are ISSF inspection stickers, and whether they leave a residue or not, it would prolly be a bloody fight to try to pull one off somebody's gun.

Think 'Scare Jacket' ...

9. shrek

shrek Active Member

If I am not mistaken the shooters that compete at that level see their guns as tools, and I have heard many indicate that their favorite guns often show the wear and tear of being a "blue collar" shotgun. There have been references made to the checkering and other finish being just about worn off many of their guns.

I also have heard that many or even most of the shooters at that level see the stickers as badges of honor to have earned the privileged to shoot at those events.

10. dog easy

dog easy TS Member

When Kim Rhode had her P Gun stolen, the stickers alerted the recovering police officer that they were something special which led to her getting her shotgun back.

If I could make the olympic shooting team, they could paint my stock pink if they wanted to.

Shoot safe, John

11. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

I stand to be corrected, but I was under the impression that when they found Kim's gun the only thing that &issed her off was that the stickers were gone...I'm with John though...I'd shoot the pink gun with stickers and wear a tutu. Cheers-Graham.

12. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Well I assume they are certification stickers as well. Paintballers with 1500 dollar paint guns seem to sticker up their guns as well.
    About the only reason I could fathum putting any sticker on a trap gun that I paid a big buck for, would be to cover a blemish.

Jerry Lewis

13. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Many time a big tourny will have an Armory to store guns when not in use. These can be a tag for identification of storage location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.