1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The State Of Illinois Is Coming For The Guns.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by dt10john, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dt10john

dt10john Member

ttp://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=86exi4bab&v=001mlQdTtwnjRDahc

CULLERTON TO INTRODUCE NEAR TOTAL GUN BAN ON JANUARY 2ND

The ISRA has learned from a credible source that Illinois Senate President John Cullerton will introduce a so called “assault weapons” ban on Wednesday when the legislature returns for its “lame duck” session. Cullerton hopes to ramrod the bill through and get it to Governor Quinn for signature by Friday. If he is successful at doing so, nearly every gun you currently own will be banned and will be subject to confiscation by the Illinois State Police.

Based on what we know about Cullerton’s bill, firearms that would be banned include all semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Pump action shotguns would be banned as well. This would be a very comprehensive ban that would include not only so-called “assault weapons” but also such classics as M1 Garands and 1911-based pistols. There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering. You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the State Police to avoid prosecution.

HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO SAVE YOUR GUNS.

1. Beginning Wednesday, call your State Senator and politely tell him or her that you are a law abiding firearm owner and that you strongly oppose Cullerton’s gun ban. Also, be sure to call your State Representative as well and politely deliver the same message. If you do not know who your State Representative please call the Illinois State Board of Elections at 217-782-4141.

2. Forward this alert to all your gun owning friends and family members. Be sure to tell them to call their senators and representatives as well.

3. Post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards and blogs to which you belong.

4. Join or renew your membership in the ISRA. Encourage your friends and family to join as well.

5. Make a generous donation to the ISRA by clicking the link below. We are in desperate need of your financial support to help beat back the onslaught of gun grab bills coming our way in 2013.

Please make a donation on-line here , or over the phone at 815-635-3198. If you would like to mail or fax a donation, we have a printable form here .

If you're not an ISRA member, now is the time. You can join on-line , or over the phone at 815-635-3198. You can download a printable application form here .

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Can it possibly be worse than Massachusetts ?

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If there are no exemptions or grandfathering, does that mean the police have to turn in their guns too? HMB

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Perhaps the U.S. should pull out of Chicago?

Body count: In the last six months 292 killed (murdered) in Chicago.

221 killed in Iraq AND Chicago has one of the strictest gun laws in the entire US.

Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago .

Of course, they're all blaming each other.

Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!

Chicago school system rated one of the worst in the country.

State pension fund $78 Billion in debt, worst in country.

Cook County ( Chicago ) sales tax 10.25% highest in country.

This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois.

And he is going to 'fix' Washington politics for us???

George Ryan is no longer Governor, he is in the big house.

Of course he was replaced by Rob Blajegovitch who is...that's right, also in the big house.

And Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. resigned a couple of weeks ago.

That is because he is fighting being sent to...that's right, the big house.

The Land of Lincoln, where our governors make our license plates.

But you know what?

As long as they keep providing entitlements to the population of Chicago,

nothing is going to change, except the state will go broke before the country does.

HM

5. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

And Ill.is the choice of trapshooters to have their biggest shoot. What a joke!
    Clyde

6. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

When Obummer takes our guns, do you reckon he will make his personal guards give up theirs as well?

7. glock22

glock22 TS Member

8. JT 27

JT 27 Member

I retired a month ago and left Illinois. I shot with some dem.s and they loved Obama and did not think their guns were at risk (or their money)

9. glock22

glock22 TS Member

Good old ILL, glad I moved!!!!

10. wayno

wayno TS Member

even if the actions described are factual, they would be unconstitutional.

i know this feeding of the fear of total gun bans, confiscation, prosecution for possession of guns that were legal when purchased, etc, ad nauseum, is very popular among the right wing extremists these days; but it is just a fantasy--and a perverse one, at that. but nothing that rational opponents to anti-gun efforts will calm down the panicmasters.

wayne harrison
    greensboro, nc

11. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

"The ISRA has learned from a credible source "

." Make a generous donation to the ISRA by clicking the link below"

These two lines from the article tell the story.

12. SCL

SCL Member

Johny, The ISRA is a very forthright org doing whatever it can in this godforsaken State. I don't know if you're from IL or not, but wherever you're from I'll bet there's a 2nd amendment group looking out for your rights as well. What was sent is not BS and Quinn has made it clear he's coming for everything.

Wayno
    Since when did constitutionality enter into IL politics? They would procede and then wait for a ruling. This state is flat broke so administering a program to return your "pristinely" handled firearms would take forever, IF at all.

Let's all hope intelligence prevails LOL1

13. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

They will still allow guns at sparta They wont want to loose their share of the cash I think a boycot of the grand would be a good idea Imagine if no one came Would they get the message????

14. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I agree with Wayno

15. coyote1234

coyote1234 Member

If i read this right, Model 12's, 870's, and 1100's would be banned from the Grand for at least Illinois shooters, if not all shooters. Maybe the ATA should make its voice heard?

16. trapshootertoo

trapshootertoo Member

First, I must say I'm sick of politics period! The best thing for this country would be to throw all the bums out, all of them! I wish everything political would be posted somewhere else, not in the shooting thread. Paul

17. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, there isn't anything to read yet, so I don't think it's time to start crying "the sky is falling" in regard to the Grand.

Maybe this bill will be as stated above; more likely it won't be though. Generally, I find that anytime I read of such restrictive proposals on this site, the poster is wrong about most of it.

18. larryjk

larryjk Member

EuroJoe and wayno, If this is just a right wing scare it waas started by Dianne Feinstein. She wants all of the things you feel are right wing scare tactics.

19. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Beside the Grand, last summer we had the World FITASC sporting clays championship at Northbrook Sports Club north of Chicago. Great trapshooting club, as is Maywood Sportsmen's Club west of Chicago in Elmhurst. St. Charles was ATA club of the year a couple years ago. Downers Grove, McHenry two great clubs in northern Illinois. Then, going south Exline,Jacksonville, Rend Lake, Brittany Shooting Park; dozens of great places to shoot. Never was hassled in 40 years by the state police, local police when going to, or coming from a shoot.

You guys that don't want to come here, stay away. You guys that want to leave, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

20. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

Click on link above for the lastest news for all of us gun owners in IL and all of you that may come to this state to shoot. If this does pass, it will greatly affect ALL shooting clubs and ranges, (including Sparta), as well as us gun owners and hunters. It is very serious as well as very depressing. We have considered joining Les Baer in moving accross the river to Iowa and now it looks like we most likely will as well as all of the other gun manufactorers here in the Quad City area. So sad, just because of Chicago........

Sue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.