1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The snow geese are in

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shootrman, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

It's always been a tradition for me at Thanksgiving to go hunting. Years ago it was always for pheasants but they are long gone. Today, me and the boys went for geese. This quarry that we are allowed to go to is over-populated and getting more every day. If I knew how to put pics on here I would. Right now there are both Canadians and Snows but later on it seems the Snow's over run the quarry. Between the four of us we collectively think at this moment there has to be at least 50,ooo of each...give or take. It's gonna be a great year.

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I live in Alberta and the daily limit on snow geese is 20 with a possession limit of 60. That is the Good News, the Bad news is that Snow Geese migrate through Saskatchewan instead of Alberta so we have to hunt for Canada Geese instead but that isn't All Bad anyhow.

3. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

MIKETMX, What is the limit of Canadians where you are from. I'm from western Pa and the limit is 3 but I think the limit for Snow Geese is 15 or something like that.

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

In Alberta the daily limit on Dark geese is 8 with a possession limit of 16 but that is Canada geese and White Fronted ( Specklebellies ) combined with a max of 5 Specs per day. The last day of our season in Southern Alberta is December 23rd with many Canada Geese staying over the winter on rivers. I can personally guarantee that Geese know how to read English and know EXACTLY where the City Limit boundaries are. You can watch thousands of geese feeding in the City limits and Not a single goose on the other side of the road.

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Amazingly I saw a small flock of white things mixed in with Canadians in Whitehall PA on Wednesday.

Could it be Snows no longer spend as much time in their Summer habitat!!

6. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I live in west central Iowa and we never get the blame things around here anymore. I used to love to hunt them. We always set up decoys on thanksgiving.

7. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Shootrman.....thats good news, but I think global warming is taking its toll. Two days ago, up her in Point Hope, Alaska, we saw a big flight of snows flying NORTH. Its finally affecting their brains!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.