1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ship Is Sinking

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Setterman, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Is this kinda like when Clinton fired all the attorneys as he left office??

2. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

doggai,

You must be one of the antigun trolls on here.

3. chopperman

chopperman Member

Clinton did fire them all when he came into office. Chris

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

If this country survived the corrupt Clinton years we will surly make this bump in the road feel easy

5. Toddy

Toddy Member

trollin,,,,trollin,,,,rawhide

6. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

I agree with wireguy,I wish the Republicans would grow a bank bone. The two faced lieing liberal democracts are whinning and complaining when Bush fired 9(most of which were getting complained about from Congress anyway). Slick Willie fired 93!!!!!!!! (one was investigating white water) and nobody complained, but now that Bush fired a handful it's a big deal! After he fired the one in ARK, he replaced him with a cronoy law student of his. The federal attorneys serve at the pleasure of the president. There was NOTHING improper about what Bush did and NOTHING ILLEGAL either. I am ready for the Republicans to quit acting like a bunch of sissies and start going for the throart of the scum bag liberal democrats! And while we're on the subject I'll bet none of you liberal smucks had much to say when Scumner's office staff ILEGALLY obtained financial info on Steel(a black Republican running in the Nov, election) did you? They did it through INDENITY THEFT and broke FEDERAL LAW in the process, but then I guess that's ok with you isn't it???!!!!!!

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

what about that scoundrel Sandy Burgler stealing those incriminating documents. Admitting to it and nothing happens. Give me a break already.

8. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Why did he not fire all the liberal bastards when he became president? Hate to say it but that is the one thing Clinton did right. He fired all but one. Why have these people that are against your agenda 100% of the time that were appointed buy a president with a whole different way of life?

Why in the hell are they screaming about????

Rock

Jim

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I agree w/ Wireguy too. But the Repub's are fighting the 3 big media too. Whatever they do it's wrong. Pay attention to evening news. Every night there's a negative story (or 3) which runs it's way back to the administration whether it's W's fault or not. Before Bush leaves office, just once I'd like to see him chew the media's ass and call the Dem's out on all their crap, and tell the real story on air. Yes they need to grow gonads.

10. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

I ordinarily do not respond to these strings because frankly, talk is cheap. Many of the people who jump on the bandwagon to bash our government leaders do so out of boredom more than anything else.

But I just get tired of hearing about the weapons of mass destruction "lies" that everyone seems to harp on. Did we forget that we knew for a fact Saddam had WMD at one time because WE SOLD THEM TO HIM? Just because he had disposed of them did not mean they never existed. With the cashe of money they found in Saddam's home, I would bet he yard saled everything to his neighbors. But to call Bush a liar and compare this situation to the lies that Clinton told is just plain wrong. Anyone with a high school education knows that the Office of the President does not act alone. Perhaps Bush had bad information from Military Intelligence, perhaps he was counselled badly by the Chiefs of Staff, hell call Bush naive. But do not call him a liar.

If you don't like what Bush has done in office, then it is your right and responsibility to get out and vote for someone else. But if we as Americans do not respect and support our leaders why would anyone else? The lack of respect and support for America leaves us open to attack from outside and God forbid from the inside too. "That which divides, will conquer." This country needs to think more in terms of being united and stop the infighting that leaves us vulnerable.

Ok enough said. Let the flames begin.

Luvn

11. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

The libbies won't admit that their elected folks were all spouting the exact same things that Bush did prior to the war. They have selective memory.

hjohn thanked this.
  12. hawkdriver75

hawkdriver75 TS Member

Gordy-
    I don't find it interesting at all. It is flat out wrong.

The intersting thing about your misleading pictoral post is that the quote from Bush is not the entire quote- It is only a piece of it. Here is the entire quote from the January 2003 State of the Union address:

"Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent. In such quantities, these chemical agents could also kill untold thousands. He's not accounted for these materials. He has given no evidence that he has destroyed them."

The reason that Clinton was impeached is that he did not base his statement on the best intelligence estimates available. He had first-hand carnal knowledge of the act and flat out lied about it to the American public.

President Bush's statment is not a lie. It is fact- the intelligence estimates of the time did actually say these things, though they turned out to be incorrect. The statment that Hussein did not account for the materials and gave no evidence of destruction is absolutely true.

Adam

13. Furman

Furman TS Member

Sammie.... I never like to think our people that lost their lives for you and I was ever a waste.... makes me shudder to hear that. Most of our soldiers are not there because they wish to kill or be killed. They are there because our commander in chief feels this is the best way to protect us. Like president Bush or not, lets stand beside our soldiers and behind our president. We will soon have a different president, hopefully one that has all the answers. If that's going to happen it most likely wont be a DEMO. LOOK OUT FOR ??? HILLERY oops. Happy days are soon to come. I like what luvnbearhugs had to say..,,,////look foward. The glass is full we have a beautiful life. LETS all thank a soldier every day we are alive in the GREAT USA. Love it or leave it.

14. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

It`s about the oil and spending/giving lots of our money to Military contractors. Ultimately the lives lost will preserve our way of life. Anybody who ever worked for the Intel community soon realized, one had better provide the "facts" that your superior is requesting. Read James Snepp`s book about VN, Decent Interval. Those who do not remember history........

15. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Hey doggai

You suck at that there internet trollin!

16. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Whether you mean it that way or not, when a soldier hears people in the public openly bashing our President and the war in Iraq, it hurts them and they feel bad. They are in Iraq because they have a sense of duty for the job they signed up to do. Remember, we're not forcing men and women to war, not yet anyway. This is an all volunteer Military. These folks are putting their lives on the line every day because they have a belief in this country and our way of life that they are willing to die to protect, not only for themselves, but for each of us. Can you say you would do the same? And what about the police, fire and rescue folks who lost their lives on 9/11 answering the call to help when outside forces attacked this country from within? Do we just lick our wounds, bury our dead, rebuild our buildings and hope no one does it again?

If you truly do not believe in the current administration, or do not agree with the decisions being made now, then by all means get off your duff and do something about it! Vote, work for the candidate of your choice, do whatever you feel you need to do to affect a change. Complaining and whining about it does nothing but hurt those who need our support the most. Take an active part in your constitutional rights! Many of the complainers are the same people who see that gun legislation is being enacted, but do nothing about it. This is your life, your liberty and your pursuit of happiness folks. Take an active stand, or sit down and be quiet.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of the armed forces who have served and who continue to serve this country here and abroad.
    On behalf of my family and I, we are grateful Americans.

Luvn

17. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

Bush is not a fool and he;s not realy all that stupid but what he real is , is a failure and any number of reasons have put him there, as more and more of the inner workings of this administration come to light it becomes hard to believe they were abel to hide it this long.

18. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Have any one of you people gone to any soldier or soldiers and asked him or her if he or she wants to be or loves to be in Iraq? I have, and most of em say the same thing that most of the people in the U.S. say. Not worth it, the way it is going right now. If the military had kept the hard knock going as they did in the begining I believe this would be over with and we would with all probability have lost less people over it. This is the answer I have been getting. Can't tell my source but it is as honest as the day is long. The other answer is they go because they are told to do so and the President is the Comander in Chief. Weather they like it or not. This is the law!!Yes Insane had WMD But when they found out this, why should we have stayed knowing the outcome as things are now. We should have finished Afganastan before we took on this ugly chore of Iraq. Should have investigated to see for sure what insane had as far as WMD. What else can be said that hasn't already been said. There were things that were not done, there were things lied about, And there are secrets on things that we the people don't even know about, and are guessing. OIL, OIL, OIL,. What state does most all the cronies of G.W. come from? What industry is big in there state? What do most of these people have there money invested into? Come on people. Get together on this! Lets get back to being the people we know we can be instead of the winers and cryers that we all are now. We have to put up with G.W. for a while longer but he is out when he is through. It's called being a lame duck President. He has and does what he wants as it is. Something we all have to live with. Except he is a little closed in because some people he used before are no longer around and it would take an act of GOD to get anything he wanted done. So In my book he is finished. Just like Clinton was at the end of his second term. G.W. dosen't want to be. If he would have his way he'd be Pres. for another term. GOD help us if it would somwehow happen. But then again, he dosen't have the Congress nor the Senate to rely on to back up his thoughts and ideas. A lame Duck through and through. Rich. (inPeoria,Az.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.