1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Schwan's was here

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by THE-PLUMBER, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE-PLUMBER

THE-PLUMBER TS Member

The Schwan

well it's mid april and a crazy 80 degree's here to day in the great north of illinois.it was so great to see the schwan's man.had no intention on buying anything but before i new it i had 50 dollars in ice cream and pie.now i remember what i was missing during the winter.when the schwan's has ice cream at my door it's time to get ready for another season of trying to break them all.got to go,ice cream starting to drip on me.yuuuuuummmmmmm!!!!!!

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Plummer, if you haven'y yet try their chocolate malt push ups. Only 90 calories. Bulge.

3. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hell, I thought you were from Wisconsin and going to talk about "swans".

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I thought it was Elmer Fudd. What the heck is a schwan?? They don't fly here in the Northeast.

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

RickN:

Once upon a time I lived in a subdivision where several neighbors were Schwan's customers. By all accounts the products were very good but the drivers are salesmen and often pests. Some neighbors bought stuff they didn't want or need just to get rid of him.

Lacking the patience to deal with such pests, I simply avoided the Schwan's man.

sissy

6. ctreay

ctreay Member

Excelent ice cream and lots of handy snacks.

ctreay

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

You're better off to chase the guy down and purchase. They won't leave you alone once you're on their route. Good products, just hard to figure out what to order EVERY week. If you ask them to skip you for a week, they won't. Still get a warm fuzzy feeling when we see the truck though.

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I've never had any problems with them either but you have to remember they they are salesmen and if they want to make money like the rest of the salesmen in the world they have to push their products.

Excellent ice cream and snacks!!

9. Bob Hawkes

RickN, Not in the northeast, but I think I wish they were from the accolades.

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Some of the best ice cream in the world, when I was a kid growing up in NW Iowa, they came to the farm weekly, and Mom would get the ice cream in 2 1/2 gallon tins, that they recycled, damn good ice cream, I guess I can blame them for being so fat, but it was a good way to get there

And no, I'm not blaming them, I did it on my own

11. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Paul has the best suggestion. Online and they will bring. We are rural and the driver does not like to waste time just to see if we want something. When we didn't order online, the driver would ask if he needed to stop the next week. The driver that covers our area works some really long days. I wouldn't want the job.

Never seen a truck at a big shoot. If one showed up, I bet they would sell out in short order!

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

the hardest one for me to turn away is the Omaha steaks man...love those Chateau Briandes

13. porky

porky TS Member

Bob Hawkes,

Where in the Northeast are you referring??

bob Hawkes

14. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Do they still make the cherry vanilla? I loved that when I was a kid!

15. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

Their Ice Cream is excellent! A bit pricy, but what the heck, I always said there was nothing that was too good for my stomach!!!

By the way the Lasagna is great also.

Allen

16. B V

B V TS Member

Schwan's trucks are all over central,northern, and western New York State.

17. Bob Hawkes

Git-ER-Done, Ipswich, 30 miles north of Boston. Frozen pudding has always been my favorite. Not many make it anymore. Shoot often while we can, Bob

18. THE-PLUMBER

THE-PLUMBER TS Member

they only come round here every two week's.yes they stop and try to sell,but i don't mind.the little extra price is worth it.there ice cream is some of best out there and what the hell they deliver right to your door.that has to worth something in it's self.i have seen them at some of the bigger shoot's making delivery's to the multi million dollar privo motor home's.never seem to be able to run fast enough to catch them.

19. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

A Schwan's truck comes to the Grand in Sparta. I bought something from him every time I saw him. Good stuff. Mostly junk food but tasty.

20. Bob Hawkes

Barry, There's no truck in the world that can compare with the Rib-eye sandwich stand with the home made ice cream by the "make or break" engine and cobbler. My best shoot day was two sandwiches followed by two cobblers with ice cream. If I can't shoot like Leo, I might as well try to eat like him. Can't wait to see them again. LOL, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.