1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The rut is on,,,,,

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by H82MIS, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Hunted deer all my life and never have seen 2 bucks really into an all out battle but Sat. morning in my back yard an 11 pointer and a big 8 were going at it,,Man that was exciting,,,

2. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

OICU,

Here in SE, KS (really big buck country) the rut is in it's early stage. I can tell 'cause the hair on my neck keeps standing up, I have this funny desire to rub my ankles together, can't walk by a tree without rubbing my forehead on it, and Jimette says my neck is all swollen up. I thought it was too much garlic,,,,

milt

PS, maybe that explains the hole I've pawed in the living room carpet...

3. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Hi milt,,not 15 min's. ago a small buck (fork horn) tried to jump a doe that was not quite hot enough,,she all but kicked his ass,,I thought it was another fight but it was an encounter gone bad,,,poor devil,,,lol

I've got 6 different bucks and i don't know how many does using my yard and I live 1/4 mile from a major highway intersection,,, I think one of them will die this Sat.,,,

4. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

joe, I've known him for 20 years and he's always been in rut,,lol

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Heck the other night I all_of_a_sudden blacked out. Woke up and it was kind of dusty and my whole body hurt. Shucks, I done kicked a hole plumb through the carpet and floor and found I was picking myself up off the basement floor....

6. mette56

Jim,

If one's going to pass on this coming Saturday, send me some scraps for the best summer sausage you ever ate, smoked in my big rotisserie with wild cherry!

milt

7. mette56

Martin,

Those symptoms can only be cured by a long call to Curvey, twice each day. One in the morning with a glass of OJ (no coffee as the caffeine makes the condition worse), and one call at bed time after a light meal, a glass of warm milk and a cold shower...

NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!

Dr M.P.

Rx #BR-549

8. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Milt,,if one of those critters catches a bad case of lead poison I'll call ya,,,

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yeah, and deer season ended last Friday here. Oh well.

10. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Missouri starts sat,,

11. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

milt,, if your still up PM me your e-mail addy,,,I've got it but its on my work computer,, You need to see these 2 bucks fighting,,,Jim

12. CS303

CS303 TS Member

The rut is on in Washington State also, this guy showed up at my place Sunday before last casing the does. Hope the picture works, if not I will try again.

Chet

13. CS303

CS303 TS Member

Ok try this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.