1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Road to Yesterday

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by harleypilot, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

I just bought this book by Dick Baldwin from his daughter on-line. I think this is one of the most enjoyable books I have ever read. I imagine it has been discussed on this forum before, but I couldn't find it.

I would very much recommend this book to everyone involved in trapshooting. There are many great old pictures, and the stories are just facinating.

Sitting on the sunporch on a cold winter day with the sun coming in. My yellow lab Max curled up next to me. A scotch on the rocks at my side, and reading this book is about as perfect a weekday in the middle of winter that I could have.

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Wonderful book, wonderful winter image. Thanks!

3. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Please post the web site.

Thank you,
    Ajax

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Link above to order book. Bill Malcolm

5. ohiomike

ohiomike Member

Ajax, I got my copy on ebay (search item # 110489755986).

It may be the most enjoyable $25.00 you will ever spend, and the $25.00 INCLUDES shipping.

Also, inside the front cover, (at least on the copy I received), was a very nice hand-written note from Dick Baldwin's daughter, Susan. It is written on what has to be vintage "Peters Cartridge Division" stationery, when I held it up to the light you can see the "Dupont" watermark.

Very good book, and very good presentation, in my opinion.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Dick was a very good person and he wrote a very good book. I visited with Dick for many hours over many years. His best stories could not be included in his book.

Pat Ireland

7. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I purchased the book a few years ago and enjoy it. I came across a old Picture and it was entiled, hand written( Tom Sloane at the traps)I photocopied this and mailed it to Dick for his interpation of year,location and who Todd was.

My phone rings on a Sunday afternoon and its Dick offering me his thoughts. Well we spoke for a little bit(priceless to me) and I ask that if I send my book back to him would he personalize it, of course he says yes. That was a week or so before his tragic end.
    Jim Zee

8. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Dick helped me a lot with my gun and clay target research. He was the unofficial Remington Arms historian for years. His Dad also was a Remington pro. Use the ebay link above to order the book from Susan.

9. checker

checker Member

To be clear and TTT..... Balwin's selling Book on E-bay......$25.00 and FREE Shipping.

10. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

TTT... If you haven't read Dick's book you are missing out.

Guy Babin

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The scotch with the dog by your side. What a wonderful way to read a good book

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Denny, should you get a PM and find a way, email me and let me know??

Hap

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Denny try the link above it is through the HOF a little more expensive than ebay but part of the cost go to the HOF as a donations. I would rather donate to the HOF than ebay.

Bob Lawless

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Mr. Baldwin was a very good wordsmith. His stories always made me feel like I was there. I miss the talent.

15. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

They have them for sale at the ATA store on the website, $50. Thanks David

16. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT great book.

17. TERRYB

TERRYB Member

I think this book; "The Road to Yesterday" should be mandatory reading for ALL ATA trapshooters......one of the bits information that I found to be interesting was the difference between TRAP SHOOTER and TRAPSHOOTER (any of you non-readers of this book care to hazard a guess to what it is?)........Terry

18. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

The book is outstanding. With Dick Balwins permission and autograph i had all winners of the last shoot held at Vandelia (1924-2005 End of an Era) 16 yard and handicap winners events autograph the book. I also had ever officer, director i could find along with incomming and outgoing ATA President autograph the book. I am sorry Dick died a few years later. I donated the book to the Ata Hall Of Fame Library. It took me about three days to get autographs. My personal thanks to the ATA, fellow members and Dick Baldwin for being so kind to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.