1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

The Road To Yesterday by Dick Baldwin- $40.00 copy

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by books, Mar 23, 2011.

1. books

books TS Member

0   0   0

A book comprised of old trapshooting stories that my dad, Dick Baldwin wrote in 2005. He was employed at Remington Arms Co. for 27 years and his father was also a retired Remington man. His career in trapshooting spanned over 57 years. He wrote for many publications including, Trap & Field and The American Hunter.He was also co-author for the book & DVD "Trapshooting with D. Lee Braun and the Remington Pros" which is still popular today( he is the man to the right on the cover.)Until his untimely death in 2006 he was the Museum Director for the Trapshooting Hall of Fame. He was inducted into the Trapshooting Hall of Fame in 2009. This book is one you will certainly enjoy with its colorful stories and many vintage photos. It would be a welcome addition to anyone's trapshooting collection... also a great gift idea for that fellow trapshooter who has everything!! $40.00 per book/ free shipping. Please contact Sara Baldwin Palmer at (203)300-7779 or email sara@luksrealty.com
  2. gundog

gundog TS Member

0   0   0

How much is a single copy?
  3. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

0   0   0

$40.00 and it is a great book to have
  4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

0   0   0

I love mine and recommend it to anyone who loves our sport. It is a great gift idea!

Guy Babin
  5. TERRYB

TERRYB Member

0   0   0

There are 5 copies available on E-bay (item # 110663618310) for $30.00 each with free shipping.......Terry
  6. books

books TS Member

0   0   0

Thank you for the nice comments about my dad's book....he would of been pleased. Sara
  7. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

0   0   0

Sara,I purchased the book and enjoyed it many times over. I found a old time shooting picture at a yard sale, photo copied it and mailed it to you dad for idenfication of the shooter.

Your dad called me on a Sunday afternoon and we spoke about the picture and then he encourged me too mail my book back to him for his signature,that was only a week or two before I heard the sad news.

What I remember the most was your dad being very soft spoken and kind.
    Regards,
    Jim Zimak
  8. puablo

puablo Active Member

0   0   0

Probably the best book ever done on traphooting. Dick, being the premier historian of our sport, knew how to tell a tale to make it interesting. Anyone who enjoys this sport will enjoy this book. Sara, good luck and hope all is well with you. Jeff Philipbar
  9. grunt

grunt Active Member

0   0   0

Great book.
  10. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

0   0   0

Every year Jack Gracey and I went to the Ohio state shoot or the Grand we would spend time with your dad. He was a true gentleman and I really enjoyed our conversations. Unfortunately Jack died of cancer at age 50 and I miss them both.

Rick Goshgarian
  11. Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder TS Member

0   0   0

I received a copy of this book from Sara last week. I am 1/2 way through it and it is indeed great. Best $30 I have ever spent on a Trap Shooting book.If you are a fan of our sport and enjoyed the Grand and Vandalia you will love it.

Jim
  12. grunt

grunt Active Member

0   0   0

13. pigkiller

pigkiller TS Member

0   0   0

How many pages does it have? Can I read an excerpt?
  14. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

0   0   0

pigkiller,

Buy the book!
    Best money you will ever spend.

ed.
  15. books

books TS Member

0   0   0

Pigkiller, it is a hard cover book with 215 pages...like Ed (hill topper) wrote you won't be disappointed! Sara
  16. pigkiller

pigkiller TS Member

0   0   0

Are the stories the same as those posted in the above link from the Trapshooting Hall of Fame?
  17. pigkiller

pigkiller TS Member

0   0   0

Anybody know?
  18. pigkiller

pigkiller TS Member

0   0   0

Still looking for input on my previous question.
  19. pigkiller

pigkiller TS Member

0   0   0

Up for a great storyteller. Where do I send my check to?
  20. JayZap

JayZap Member

0   0   0

Buy the book, you wont be sorry. I have read my copy cover to cover multiple times and enjoy it just as much each and every time. Great stories and pictures. I purchased my signed copy directly from Mr. Baldwin at the PA State shoot.