1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Red States Should Secede

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mtimney, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

I've been listening to you 'red state' republicans talk about how the country is going to hell, how things were so much better before when Republicans were in power, and how some of you think it's time pull out of the Union.

I'm all for it!!! You see, you'd really be doing the rest of the country a favor.

Check out the following charts. Notice that the states with the most problems generally tend to be red states?

Funny that most of the worst employment situations are run almost entirely by Republicans. Funny that the highest levels of moral impropriety (as defined by republican standards) are in red states that have the highest rates of church attendance.

Please note the info is from highly reliable and non-partisan sources, and was collected before, or just as, Obama went into office.
    Mark T.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Isn't it interesting that James Carville, Bill Clinton's campaign manager and loony leftist from N.O. would make the statement that 80% of liberals are illiterate and clueless. The same comment recently made by USSR's Pravda about this last election.

Rick is spot on, and Mark is clueless, as usual. The large population centers are parasitic liberal rat's nests. It may not be PC, but neither am I. I'd wager that all those teen births are massively fueled by liberal minority's, also.

Figures lie, and lier's figure, clueless and illiterate liberals use them. Amoral, unprincipled and dependent, Difficult to vote against Santa-Bama when you choose to take whatever, from whomever.

We've passed the loggerhead in this country, the jesters now rule the kingdom. The treasury is empty. When we run out of cotton for fiat money, they can eat their young.

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/james-carville-democrats-are-clueless/question-2528115/?page=8

IMHO,
    Kip

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

They are still Republican controlled states. It seems to me that those numbers of the cities are in the middle, or on the lower end of the scale for the state averages. Also, in the southern states the most impoverished areas seem to be outside the cities, and would include many more whites also.

If all business owners are Republicans, which group do you think they would hire from first, white male, a non drop dead gorgeous female, or minority, if all had the same qualifications? Then look at the reasoning why they may not have the same qualifications, because the reasons are pretty much the same.

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

While the Professor is correct that the red states should secede it's not because of the racist reasons he suggested. They sould secede before they have bankrupt themselves to bail out the spendthrift states.

While divorce rates are irrelevent, the number of people in poverty and having illigitimate births is directely related to higher number of minorities in the red states. Professor Blowhard apparently wants to separate his liberal ilk from minorities. Quite racist of him.

Fart Czar, please don't feel bad because of your lack of qualifications.

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Wow, I think your definition of racist, is a little self serving.

6. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

Rick Barker...

I agree with some of what you've politely pointed out. Thank you. And thank you for providing some data. (I looked at the news story you sent and was surprised to find that NYC's divorce rate is low compared to other large cities. ??? We always imagine large cities to be less moral somehow, don't we?)

We really would have to have more precise data to figure all the variables involved here to make absolute and definitive statements. I was not suggesting that all the red state problems are related to Republicans.

I think there is something, however, to STY Flyns point that most of these troubled state are indeed under Republican control. It seems likely there is some relationship to these issues with who controls the state.

What we would need to do is compare different areas of inside the Red States to see if the numbers vary by who they voted for.)

I did a little search and found this chart on abortions from the Centers for Disease Control. Apparently NYC is WAY out of proportion to the rest of the country. I can see that abortion rates are high in many blue states.

There's are two problems with comparing abortions from state to state, however, at least in comparison to the other data. One problem is that some states perform a significant number of abortions for residents of other states. This is usually a direct result of problem two-- abortion laws vary state by state. It is far more difficult to get an abortion in some states (especially red states), so that fact alone may account for the behavior of people in red or blue states.

John Galt... How was this racist? I've differentiated nothing by race here. You're the one saying this is related to race. In fact, it's my understanding that poverty, divorce and abortion rates correlate far more with socio-economic class than they do with race.

R Kipling-- Rather than insult people, how about your argue with evidence.

Mark T.

[​IMG]

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I can speak for WA!!! Free hand outs to unwed mothers and illegals!! thats why abortions are so low here!!!!

Oh and even though this is a blue state, its run by only 3 county's(heavy population)the rest of the state is fairly conservative. Just not enough to beat back the dead beats!! Where there is a large city here, Liberalism thrives, again by all the hand outs!!

8. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Lots of racial code words there Professor and you liberals know all of them.

How about showing a map of the states which are the most near bankruptcy overlaid with the states with the greatest number of libtards. Now that would really show something rather than the irrelevent maps you've posted so far Professor.

Once you libtards bankrupt the whole country the map will be completely blue and you will have won at last. Let me congratulate you in advance.

9. Westie

Westie Member

Mark T, I notice that you sure do like to label people. I happen to live in a state where we are very prone to killing our young. Every single thing about my state is BLUE. Since labeling is such a science, how do you account for the occasional deviation?

10. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Mark,

Your own search for empirical evidence proved your statistics were misrepresented, why should I have to make any additional effort? You should have made that search BEFORE you posted intentionally false data.

Here's a clue for you; ask yourself, "what's so wonderful about this - what's so wrong about this?" BEFORE you decide to be a provocateur on TS.com.

There are things so obvious in this world that rational people don't need to bother disputing. Especially when your own guru's acknowledge your collective shortcomings (note the web pages offered as evidence in my ori post)

It's even more incongruent to be applying marriage statistics to out-of-wedlock, teenage, abortion-prone, generally irresponsible liberal lifestyles. Liberal don't get married, they cohabitate at will. It's Jerry Springer and Maury Povich 24/7 for the parasitic classes.

For your enlightenment, I didn't insult anybody, I just repeated Carville's obvious accuracy.

Kip

11. wayno

wayno TS Member

hmm...have you checked your spelling? based upon the manifestos that have so far appeared around here in favor of such an action, the red states should "succeed" from the union.

12. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I hope you aren't accusing an almost tenured tiny college professor of being a bad speller. That couldn't be so the dictionary must be wrong.

13. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

White people in Texas are now a minority. I want my free stuff. We are outnumbered by African Americans, Asians, and the Spanish. I want my free stuff. The Republicans have done this. I want my free stuff. Divorces and abortions don't have any revelence to this discussion. Good Grief.

14. Westie

Westie Member

Legislating morals is an interesting topic to me. My state recently outlawed capital punishment. It' s cruel. We currently have a gentleman that murdered 6 innocent people that had the misfortune to cross his path. Two of them he beat to death. He has also attacked guards in jail. It is however, not cruel, and is politically correct to kill an unborn baby when Mommy doesn't want her lifestyle changed and she forgot to use birth control. Not talking about rape or incest, but the ultimate birth control. Pardon my rant, but why can we legislate one and it makes perfect sense to some, but the other seems so off limits? Can't tell a woman what to do with her body, but we can kill the body in her body? P.S. I'm not even Catholic. Go figure.

15. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Hey professor,

You are not going to believe this, but I actually agree with you,(kind of).

I would LOVE to divide this country in two and everyone picks sides. Us patriots on one side of the fence(oh yes there would be a big ass fence)and you trolls on the other.

It would be non stop entertainment for us to watch you dopes starve to death, while at the same time blaming each other for your problems. No one wants to work, no money to buy food. No guns, no hunting. But, you would still have your crime issues. I can't wait to see how a bunch of white liberal do gooders fare in that environment. Oh, I'm sure you can reason with the former urbanites. They will surely listen to all of your worldly, college wisdom. Right before one of them buries a claw hammer in your skull.

Good luck!

16. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

That was special Steve, thanks for the laughs trying to visualize the Professor decorated by a hammer.

17. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Great job Steve. I shed a small tear. I can help build fence.

18. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

No need to secede. As a friend suggested to me, conservatives, regardless of where they live, should make a concerned effort to never buy a product produced in a blue state. Jimmy Borum

19. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Mtimney,,,,,,,I agree,,,,,allow them to secede and KEEP their natural resources as well!!!!! Better suck hard and get all that oil our of PA and what little you have in CA,,,,,,,and the water from CO river,,,,,,,bet that concrete and the farms in CA will get pretty dry.......Want to rethink?????? ;)

20. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Figures lie and liars figure................The comment on NY city divorce rates is one of those deceptive puke twists.

How many couples do you think get married in NY City?

They change partners like most people change socks.

But no divorce, so they must be highly moral, right?

Gray matter problem here.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.