1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The REAL Tragedy of the Colorado Massacre

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GW22, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Twelve murdered and dozens wounded is undeniably a tragedy. But people shouldn't allow the media to make it more than it is. The death toll is equivalent to that of a typical summer weekend in Chicago. The important difference in this case is that all the horror was inflicted by a single perpetrator who was quickly in custody.

The real tragedy is that we, as an evolved, "intelligent" and "civilized" society, no longer have the sense to seize this opportunity and make an example of this calculating, publicity-seeking mass murderer so that such crimes are less likely to happen. We should grant him the publicity he sought -- via a Pay-Per-View execution after the brief trial necessary to confirm his guilt. After all, what is "civilized" about not doing what we can to address this problem?

If we did the right thing, maybe the next loser/doper who can't cope with school and society might think twice before living out his video game fantasies on real victims. In any case, justice would be served and nary a taxpayer dollar would be wasted on warehousing this animal.

-Gary

PS to Liberal "Intellectuals": Yes, I'm aware that it costs more to execute someone in this country than to imprison them. That's because we allow appeals to drag out and take 20 years to get the job done. That's also why deterrent value is diminished.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The pukes are all calling for gun control now.

VA, AZ, CO, same shit different shovel.

This guy was immersed in role playing and video games. Just like the little bastards in Littleton.

I know what I would do.

HM

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Why does it cost so much to execute a murderer, To many lawyers and politicians making a "killing"(pun intended) off the appeals process!!

This guy is NOT "innocent" so he is guilty! Speedy trial quick hanging is what should happen!

No need to "figure" out the why's, just end his life quickly!

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Right, and do it on Pay-Per-View for maximum deterrent effect (and raising money for the families of the victims).

-Gary

5. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I disagree with the pay per view part. It should be done right on national network tv. The ones that need to see it will not pay for it.

Besides, the next one that decides to do something like this will do it up even better and bigger. Frankly, I can't beleive that he did not end up killing way more than he did. I know how fast I can empty a magazine while just idly plinking. If one were really serious...who knows how many lives could have been lost. The next one to try it may have more time.

Thoughts and prayers to those that lived and died yesterday. Hoping for a speedy trial but I know that is not going to happen. We will have to analyze it to death. Probably be several years before it goes to trial, if it even does. The wheels of justice are slow at best and broken at worst. John

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

It would cost so much in mass murder/terrorist cases like this if they created a 3 court case fast track...this one would take about 2 days per trial and with a 2day break between to the next trial it would be 10days total if they just mandatorally just did the two appeals right after the initial case...then two days...one to kiss his momma goodbye and the next to digest his final 3 square meals...then hit the switch to start the needles and AMF!!!

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l_5UZfwX0ss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For those who want speedy trails and punishment, check out this interactive news program from the future, specifically from the movie "Starship Troopers". The scene is 20 seconds in.

8. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Why did he not leave that scene in a body bag? I am disappointed in the local law enforcement.
    It would have saved a whole of money and grief for the families.

9. Lawman214

Lawman214 TS Member

Unfortunately, our justice system is not perfect...never has been. But, at least in the "old days," the swift and certain adjudication of crimes was a deterrant. Shoot a man on Friday, have a fair trial on Monday, a date with the hangman on Wednesday. This piece of garbage in Colorado will still be milking his appeals long after I'm rolling around in a nursing home with someone spoon feeding me my pablum.

10. darr

darr Well-Known Member

What should be done is to use this scum bag as a poster boy for easily obtained CCW permits.Sure would of been nice if a citizen could of walked up behind him and put one in his ear.What will happen,or should I say is happening,is a cry for gun control.

Darr

11. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Gun sales in Co. since Sunday up 40+%

Remember, when seconds count, LEO are just minutes away!!

Lucky for a whole bunch of people, his gun jammed and his boobie traps didn't go off in his appointed time!! His plan was the bombs would go off and cause the LEO to be there at the apartment while he was shooting! On the News channels this morning.

Get off calling him "crazy" he is the embodiment of Evil! There are a lot of "crazy" people who don't commit any crime, But murderers are simply Evil and should be executed ASAP.

12. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Liberals will "never let a good crisis go to waste" if it furthers their interests. This case is going to be paraded so long that every school child is going to know the perpetrators name.

Robert

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

This is an opportunity to propose a ban on all violent video games and movies. Take away the fake gun stuff in the movies and the big time liberal actors and directors will struggle trying to put a good movie together. It would be fun to watch them squeal when they can't make big bucks off the gun violence they protest.

14. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Bring back the Death Penalty in Every State. This case is cut and dry with his verbal admission. He could have done worse by using all the ammo up and the hand grenades in the theater. Plus a stand-off with the police could have very well ended his life but I don`t think thats what he had in mind. Lawyers will have a field day as usual with whos money ? Psycologist want cases like this to study forever without a solution to any except that they are F***in Nuts. Yes it would cost more to keep him alive but a quick death would make more sense, say 3 months. Where is a 6-8 or 12 life sentences logical? My sympathy goes out to all who were killed and injured and to the families who lost these precious family members and loved ones. God Bless You All.

15. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

The networks and cable should stop all coverage of this shit and shut the F up.

My god it is so blatantly obvious that it ain't about the victoms at all, it's about sensationalized editing and brodcasts to get rating shares.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.