1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Quack is back!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by luvnbearhugs1, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

For those of you who have been keeping track, Quack Shot had his hip replacement a week ago yesterday and came home from the hospital yesterday. He and his roommate at the hospital had a race to see which one would do better than the other (the roommate had double knee replacement.) They had a tie both being released the same day.

Quack has a shiny new stainless steel hip and looks better than he has in a long time. He's walking very well on a walker. Will graduate to a cane very soon (probably this week) and has about 30 days of therapy before he's completely done. Thanks so much to everyone for your prayers, thoughts and well wishes. I am sure he will let you all know himself, how he's doing as soon as he feels up to sitting at the computer. Maybe in the next day or two.

He also cautions those of you who were winning the games at Kent County, to enjoy it while you can. You know who you are. He will be back...and sooner than you think!! :)

Luvn

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Good to hear he's doing good.

Jim

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Quack, how do you know that they replaced your body part with one of the correct gender? You can't do genetic testing on stainless steel...

4. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Get well soon,,,,see ya at the fields I hope,,,,Luvn,,,,hows that 1100 working,,,get your 25 yet? Billy

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers. I made it through and am doing better than I had expected. I'm just happy to be home!

Recurvey:

I heard that this one was inscribed with a unique female signature to confuse future anthropologists that may find it with a pile of male bones one day. It might even confuse the forensic guys if I'm part of some catastophe one day. This one works great, so I'll keep it, no matter what gender it may be. :)

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Well glad to hear your out and back up. Your arrogant ways have been missed.LOL

luvin said that she had an inscription placed on that new hip that I feel you should have investigated.. I would sure hate to have my remains found and then a name attached to them!

7. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Quack, Welcome back Hippie, glad to hear your up and about. Now be careful of your knees. How long is you insion? Mine are about 5" on both legs. Make sure you listen to your PT and your Doctor about your range of motion and how you get in and out of your car. Your muscles in your thigh have been stenched and you are more proned to dislocate now more then later, as your muscles and tendons heal from the surgery. Good luck and rock on....

Above is a site for your questions after the surgery. I was on it constantly after my two hips were replaced in 2004.

You can also buy a T-Shirt that says "I'm two hip for you". I have one.

Jerbear.

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear that you are recovering Quacker that expected, I mean Quicker than expented. Good to hear you are up and walking and all is well. Keep it up and hope the rest of your recovery goes just as well as the beginning has. Break-em all. Jeff

9. recurvyarcher

Jer, do you know where to buy any poops in other letter shapes?

10. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

Carl: Good to here you are doing well...Keep it up!Looking foward to seeing you
    back on the line breaking targets,or maybe Barbara and I can meet you for dinner
    when you are in Alexandria. Paul G.

11. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Curvy,what are you talking about? Jer, do you know where to buy any poops in other letter shapes?

I have a neighbor that has this <a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/March%2007/?action=view&current=4yGsLulfVpPybJCD6sdrrfXH5heV.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

12. recurvyarcher

JerBear, read your sentence CAREFULLY: "You can also buy a T-Shit that"

13. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

jerbear i have a neighbor with the same problem.jackmitch

14. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Curvy,you sweetheart, thank you... it's been fixed.

Jerbear

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    A stainless steel hip? I would have thought it would be blued with engraving.

16. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

P Master,

What inscription would that have been?

Since it is this close to Valentine's Day I would think the Doc could have taken a minute to write:

Here lies Quack. His HEART may belong to Mom but his HIP belongs to Me.
    Signed with much Luvn

hahahaha

17. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Jerbear,

I know what you mean about sore muscles. The incision was only about 6-7 inches and they took the staples out before I left the hospital. My roommate was the surgeon's father. He had a double knee replacement. I'm careful enough with the range of motion and precautions. I seriously don't want to go through another one of these too soon. I was also wondering where you got the MRI of a politician? It could explain a lot!

I'm up and getting around a bit and can't wait to shoot again.

P Master,

Are you insinuating that I might be a troublesome character? You could be right!

I'll be looking forward to seeing you all back out on the trap fields and beyond! Thanks for all of the kind words and well wishes.

18. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

luvin, I thought it was a different part that belonged to you!

Quack, its only rumor and I should not have insinuated something to the effect on the "internet" and for that I apologize. Sometimes however private gossip can also lead one to have missgivings about/of an individual as well. Then there are those related gun club (especially parking lot) rumors in existence.

However, I think your one very sincere/kind hearted individual...

19. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Quack, are you injecting yourself with Heparin for the next few days? I had to for ten days after I got out of the hospital to keep the chances of a blood clot to a minimum. I just had a conversation with my wife ten mins. ago about the replacement of my left knee. My Orthopedic surgeon told me that while I was trying to walk with some comfort before my hips were done, I was also trashing my knees.

At 47 I'm tired of being cut open and having more metal installed, I had Stryker ceramic's installed and was told if I don't get stupid and try to run a marathon, my hips should last me until I die.I have a 40 lb weight limit for the rest of my life. I can imagine the stainless steal will last that long as well. Don't be surprised if you start to get "stem pain" I'm sure your doctor told about that, I still have it in both legs, off and on after 4 years. It's the weather that triggers it.

All I can say is don't if feel good to walk the the bathroom without extreme pain? Now you don't have to count the steps and wonder if it's worth the pain to pee.

Jerbear

20. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Quack, did you get that nice little pamphlet about sex after a thp? ha ha ha.They think of everything.

Check the shirts above, get one for the club.

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.