1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The purrfect movie for Tron to see

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by short shucker, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I made it out to the movie theater yesterday to see "The Book of Eli". The first 10 minutes were the best. I could only think of Tron and Kitty. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but those that have seen it know what I'm talking about.

The ending of the movie is absolutly great!

ss

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Saw it this weekend.

I don't share your enthusiasm about the movie.

Definitely NOT mainstream hollywood stuff, I'll grant you.

But I didn't think it was all that great of a movie.

One hollywood-ism I REALLY hate, that this movie had way too much of, is the racking of pump shotguns and racking semi-auto handgun and rifle actions for "dramatic effect."

Its like all of these guys are running around in an extremely dangerous post-apocalyptic wasteland with no shell in the chamber.

And did you ever figure out what all the business was with people checking other people's hands to make sure they weren't "one of them kind?"

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

That part was explained in the farmhouse with the old couple. I figured out that part real quick.

I've become so acustomed to the extra gun noises that I don't pay them any attention in the movies.

This was the first movie, in a long while, that I didn't figure out the ending before it happened. My lady friend even missed it so i had to explain it to her.

I'm going to get the dvd when it comes out to catch all the sublties that I missed.

ss

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I thought you were going to recommend Broke Back Skeet Shootin

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

Eli liked the book but didn't care much for the movie. No sardines at the concession stand.

[​IMG]

--- Chip King ---

6. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

Now I'm a big fan of shaved pussy, but that was one nasty looking cat...no chance I'd put that thing in my mouth.

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Tastes like chicken.

Even the rat liked it.

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

A little poetic justice!

ss

9. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gz-sC-vSIXk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gz-sC-vSIXk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

10. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Dave Shaeffer is the one that should be torques about the opening scene although his is slightly cuter...

SevenMaryThree, enough ketchup and you can get anything down!

timb99, it doesn't taste like chicken. I know someone who has had both and I trust him...

11. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Pman, I must respectfully disagree...

I could never correlate any form of the word "cute" with Dave Shaeffer's fancy funny-lookin' beast.

While Andrea may find my friend Dave squeezeable, he aint too cute himself for that matter.

Guy B.

12. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Agreed...

13. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Well, at least this way he didn't have to skin it before roasting it. He could have cracklin's for the road.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.