1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Prostrate exam!!! Humor--maybe.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

After experiencing the discomfort and embarrassment of a prostate test by the National Health Service, my friend decided to have this next test carried out while visiting in San Francisco.

He heard the nurses are beautiful and allegedly much more gentle and accommodating.

As he lay naked on his side on the table, the nurse began the examination.

"Don't worry, at this stage of the procedure it's quite normal to get an erection." said the nurse.

"I haven't got an erection," said the man.

"No, but I have," replied the nurse.

2. Toddy

Toddy Member

Have your prostate removed and you won't find anything funny.....

Reg. Todd

3. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

Less than a week sans prostate. It ain't much fun but beats the alternative.
    dju

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I feel for you David, the catheter will get rather annoying in the next two weeks, they used to leave it in for 21 days, they were supposed to take mine out over the 4th of July weekend but the doctor went on a short vacation so I had it in for 26 days, but I taught him, right after he pulled it out I coughed, and he got pi$$ed on

They took mine out when I was 41 glad I had asked them to test me so the doctor could tell me how lucky I was that THEY caught it

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Mine was removed 1/27/10. Had the cath for 10 days. Darn near normal now, unless I drink too much beer or coffee.

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

There was this attorney leaning across the exam table with the back flap down waiting for his exam. He looked back and saw the doctor lubricating two fingers. He exclaimed ' T... T... TWO fingers??? to which the Doctor replied 'Yes... second opinion"

TB

7. Catpower

I guess they don't leave the catheter in as long as they used to, mine was about 18 yrs ago

8. davidjayuden

Mine is scheduled in for 2 weeks, then they do a scan to be sure that it is ready to come out. One thing for damned sure, I don't want it out too soon because I understand that putting it back in is no fun. Thank God I was out the first time.
    dju

9. sagepost2

sagepost2 Member

What were you guys diagnosed with to have to have your prostate removed?

10. Catpower

Cancer

11. davidjayuden

I had prostate cancer, estimated level of Gleason score 9. I'm 56 and the prognisis to do nothing was not good. Besides I've had a boatload of radiation and 2 years of chemo therapy many years ago, and had no desire to repeat that show. So I told them to yank it out. Today the pathologist report showed all is good, they revised the Gleason Score down to 7, and found no disease on the edges, suggesting that it was confined. But in 15 years I'll know for sure. Regardless, I got one drain removed today and the cathiter will come out in a week.
    The only symptom was an elevated PSE count in a routing physical.(!)
    dju

12. td_ict_ks

td_ict_ks TS Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA8NDTv3IQg

13. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Be wary if the examiner puts a hand on each shoulder during the exam!

14. sagepost2

sagepost2 Member

would you recommend laparascopic or the traditional surgery?I was just informed of gleason #6.Any info would be helpful

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.