1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The price to change up grade K32 TRIGGER

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I recently got a price from Krieghoff international of $980. A local gunsmith that once worked for Krieghoff was $900. Mike

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I sent you a PM= yep its 800-1000 depending on what is done

Gene

3. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

If I am correct the very early K32 guns first 500 gun were exact copys of Remington 32 then after that Krieghoff started making changes to the trigger and gun. I was wondering if the later triggers would retro fit these earley guns if so then a original Remington 332 could also be upgraded.

4. g7777777

It wasnt the first 500 but actually 500 of the first 1000 for the K32

You can in fact now retro an earlier K32 but it is slightly more expensive

A remington 32 is a different animal - close but not quite the same-- the Remingtons were all hand fitted, and they came in several different variations- small and larger hinge pins- different floor plates on the action, different tangs and different tolerances

So yes it can be done--- if Krieghoff will do it-- with a Remington 32== I had one done and it was about $3000

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Finding and retrofitting a later K-32 trigger should be much cheaper I would think than a new K-80 one. Jeff

6. setter

setter Member

copper,

Check out this thread.

Jim

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

copper; here's some straight stuff from a Krieghoff gunsmith who worked in the factory in Germany till retired and who still will work on these fine guns for preferred customers here in Oregon. When quizzed about the need to convert Model 32 to any of the K-80 parts his answer to me was, "Not one reason in the world to make the swap except for the person who wants to say it's been done." When asked if the change of parts was desirable in any way, he said, "NO!" The only suggestion for swapping parts to K-80s he could understand was that some folks just don't like the M.32 trigger blade shape. I'm unable to not tell the difference in the blades when shooting. He has kept my Model 32 running with 3 separate barrels (none of them original) used in Trap, Skeet, 5 stand, and Sporting now for several years and discourages any talk of swapping parts. It's too bad that people responding to your want to sell your gun by limiting their interest without K-80 parts.

Mash on the above URL which will show you pictures of the early and later internal mechanisms of the M-32 and you can compare to yours with the stock removed to see if it's a Remington design or Krieghoff....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

8. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Did the gunsmith say wether it was worth upgrading the Original Remington parts to standard K-32 parts was worth it ? There is a difference. Jeff

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Jeff, I had no reason to bring that subject up but I'd wager I'd strongly consider up-grading but only with the advice of the smith. We don't know yet just what copper's gun is (Rem or Kparts), right?.....Bob Dodd

10. g7777777

I have said this before but the K32 trigger blade was actually designed for more consistent let off

Notice it resembles an international rifle trigger

Now this is a misconception- that you can upgrade without engineering- the rem style stuff to K32 easier than K80 - it just isnt so-- you face the same engineering issues- so the only difference is in the price of the part itself

It is no easier to upgrade a rem 32 or a K32 with rem geometry to K32 than it is to K80

regards from Iowa

Gene

11. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

There is bunch of used K-32 stuff around with the exception of the side plates. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cost of k32 trigger upgrade