1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Presidents picture needed a tech advisor

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by g7777777, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Surely it is evident that the President is a trap shooter by now (only one choke tube)

Why does he shoot the top barrel? The lower barrel will put the recoil more in a straight line with the hinge pin and shoulder- making the gun wear longer possibly and keeping the recoil out of his face- which for someone having a lot of photo ops might really be nice.

Someone said they looked around Camp David and all the trapshooting belts were average trap shooter size so wrapped triple around his skinny ass but he didn't like the look? I cant confirm or deny that- does anyone here know what the size of an average trapshooters belt is? I know skeet shooters might not be more slim but maybe ?

Do aides hand him a shell each shot or does he just use the box attached to his belt on the opposite side of his belly?

No blinders?

Where is the big buckle? Oh no belt--

hmmm

He needed a tech advisor- probably someone that shot both trap and skeet--- maybe he had a flush choke tube in the bottom barrel but it just doesn't look right does it? his image suffers

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Gene, look at his stance. It appears that he is leaning back rather than into the gun. Looks like the gun does not fit properly. Bulge.
    [​IMG]

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

If you've just eaten, you might want to wait a while before reading this.

Googling "Camp David" permits you to click on a link (above) for "reviews." Here is what Scott Schaffer posted just last month:

"If you ever need to shoot a publicity photo, this is the place to go. I wanted people to believe I'm knowledgeable about guns and support gun rights. Ha! The great folks on site at Camp David gave me a gun, gave a brief explanation on how to hold it, then told me to pull the trigger on the count of 3 and they would shoot a picture. Now the whole world can see from my photo shoot that's I'm a gun expert! I can't say enough good things about this place. The next time you want to lie about who you are, come stay here and make sure to bring your camera."

Could that be how Obama's photo was orchestrated? The lack of any shotfall damage to the lawns at Camp David certainly suggests that not a lot of shooting takes place there.

Ed

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Do they make a ported barrel with ports on just one side? I've never seen one looks like the thrust would cause the barrel to push left

He must use a little FFg powder in his recipe too, and the smoke sure looks like it has diffused a lot, but that could be from the FFg powder burning slower

But he is a tough stud, the recoil doesn't seem to even bother him

5. g7777777

It is a Browning(they come very long from the factory) and he doesn't want to cut the nice wood to make it fit?

Who has heard that before?

Maybe only Democrats feel that way

Heck it might be a way to identify a liberal Dem at your club- when we hear those words

Don't you always wonder?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. APrice

APrice Active Member

Gene, I can't believe you would be disrespecting our CIC.

7. g7777777

Aprice--- just saying- obviously someone more balanced- ie a shooter that shoots skeet and trap should have advised him

media management is crucial during lame duck non election years

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS- plus now it becomes apparent that every time I hear "Oh I cant cut that nice wood" I am probably talking with a Democrat

8. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Jerbear

9. butch's90t

butch's90t Member

I don't know what the shot fall distance is for 9's thru 8's are but it's less than 550' from station 4 to the edge of the building at Camp David. HarryC

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Jebear that is a great one, I expect it to be released by Jay Carney tomorrow

11. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Its a hoax..no belly to hide his belt buckle..no shell pouch so the SS must have only trusted him enough to drop the round in the chamber for him and not let him close the action until they had time to run behind cover

12. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I shot skeet once, don't like it. But what clays shooter goes to a range with a shotgun and no other equipment?? Bulge.

13. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I can't believe Gene said a Skeet shooter was balanced. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.