1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The President shows his true genious

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by omgb, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I am dumbfounded. Our President has just refused to sign into law a trans Canada/America oil pipeline because after four years, he feels rushed and unprepared to decide if it's good for America or not. Four freak'n years! Now as a result, we can kiss the several thousands of good high wage jobs goodbye but even worse, the Canadians have announced they will ship the oil instead to the ChiComs because to reapply in America again would mean starting over from scratch; a process that would take 6-8 years at best. For cry'n out loud, how dang stupid is that? This is not cutting edge technology. The AK pipeline has been running without incident since the 70s. The trans-Siberian pipeline has been doing likewise for over a decade. The Gulf is riddles with pipelines as is the CA coast...all are trouble free. Four years....this should have been a top priority as it hits us three-fold. It could have created loads of jobs, it would have increased our energy supply and it is going to aid the Chinese who not only control a huge portion of our national debt but now are going to be in a position to dominate the energy market as well. Stupid seems too mild of a word. Myopic doesn't even begin to describe what just happened. This is a national tragedy. Perhaps when he is defeated in 2012 the "Anointed One" can apply for a job as an Italian cruise ship captain. I hear they are looking for another one. He's got the experience. After all, he was a community organizer. Damn. I am deeply disappointed, deeply disappointed.

2. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

How come he can decide to more than double our national debt, socialize medicine and spend billions bailing out criminal bankers in less time than it takes to write this but he can't make up his damn mind about a key energy and jobs bill? Where there not enough payoffs and patronage involved?

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I would guess he made this decision after consulting with Mrs. Keet.

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Ya all have to remember he is in campaign mode.

He has paid back to just about everybody who was dumb enough to support him last time he ran for office.

He is just now getting around to rewarding the eco-freaks for their support, and how better to screw the unions at the same time!!!

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

The Unions will support him anyway, where else they gonna' go? He was afraid the greenies might stay home on election day.

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Genius at work.

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

"Without incident", What??????? You better do some more research. There has been leaks in the Alaska pipeline. In Siberia there is more oil laying on the ground then there is in the pipe. There they fix the leak when they decide to finally do it, with no urgency what so ever, then they leave and do not clean up the oil. We just got done cleaning up the biggest oil disaster in history. What about the Exxon Valdez? You can't be serious.

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

hussein will load the NLRB with union goons to get their support,,,,only losers on this latest decision by hussein,,,,,the American people.....

9. shadow

shadow Active Member

The pipeline doesnt have a chance as long as George Soros owns a chunk of stock in that South American oil company!!!!!!!!!

10. warren

warren Member

I don't know what is so suprising about his decision, the envoirnmentlists have stated many times they want gasoline to sell for at least $6 a gallon in order to enforce their agenda on the American public and that's what they are doing. Wake up.

warren

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Stl Flyn, When the economy collapses due to high oil costs, you will change your mind.

Consider paying 20-25% more for every shipped product in the US, and thats just the first year. You think the housing mortgage issue is bad now, wait till 35% more houses go on the market because the common blue collar family has to pay more for anything they buy, and can't make house payments.

Everything made gets shipped somewhere. Shipping requires fuel. $5.00 gas relates to a 22% increase in food cost alone, which is already subsidized by the tax payer. While we're at it, lets raise taxes too. Brilliant idea.

Get off your liberal green horse and saddle up to some common sense.

12. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

This is an underground pipeline, it's not the above ground Alaska pipeline and it's certainly not an oil tanker. There are hundreds of thousands of underground pipelines in the country alreado so one more won't hurt anything. It makes sense to get oil from a reliable neighbor instead of nutcases in the middle east. Stl flyn thinking makes us more vulnerable than we should be. It's ok though because liberals can just recharge their electric vehicles with electricity generated by coal while spewing about how green they are.

13. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

This pipeline will have nothing to do with the cost of oil. The price of oil is going up even if this pipeline is constructed tomorrow. It is very low grade oil, and is very expensive to extract. You do not think the oil companies are going to just dump a billion dollars into extracting the oil, and this pipeline just to sell us the oil cheap do you? Think about how you will feel when you are filling your vehicle with $6.00/gal. gas that is lower grade than what we have now, after the pipeline is constructed. That only is if the oil is not sold on the world markets. If this lower grade oil even will sell on the world markets. It probably will cost us more than the higher grade oil on the world markets.

14. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Hey goober, we aren't going to be extracting the oil. Liberals think they can repeal the law of supply and demand but they can't.

15. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

He feels "rushed" to action? There was pretty big "rush" to jam TARP and obamacare down OUR throats though!

16. powertrader

powertrader TS Member

hes under qualified for this too!!

17. ounce-n-3/8s

ounce-n-3/8s TS Member

Hey Stl Flyn,

You don't know what in the hell you are talking about. I guarantee you. Wanna know how I know? Because I did environmental work for over 20 years (both for private and government). You're just spouting off standard Democratic party crap.

I'll keep it simple for ya.

First question:

Why don't we hear about the "worst oil disaster in history" any more?

Answer: Because crude oil is easily chewed up when exposed by the elements. It's a topical, relatively "no big deal" in the whole scheme of things.

Second question:

Why do you think the "worst oil disaster in history" even happened? Because bone headed enviro dorks couldn't stand the thought of drilling on land. So what did the Teddy Kennedy pukes do....they said NIBY (not in my back yard) and pushed the wells way off shore. So far, that when there was a problem, you couldn't do much about it until 100 days later as you saw in the gulf spill. At least with a spill on ground, you could mitigate issues as they arise.

Lastly (not a question, more of a statement), don't even compare the US with that sh*t hole Siberia. They're the ones that caused Chernoble. They are cheap and amatures......and yes, I HAVE worked extensivly in the Nuclear world (so you'll lose that arguement too). Let me guess, you're against that line of energy too....correct? You criticize solutions with no basis.....no educated fondation. It's just mimicking what your peers want........similar like a freightened horse.......it just reacts when the other horses freak out.

Again, I did pure environmental work for over 20 years. you're way wrong. People who have know idea about environmental realities....and spread their agenda is why I got out of the business. Now I'm on the "right-side" of things and will challenge upi and win. Facts always beat scare tactics.

Shane

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    warren, quote:<i> "I don't know what is so suprising about his decision, the envoirnmentlists have stated many times they want gasoline to sell for at least $6 a gallon in order to enforce their agenda on the American public and that's what they are doing. Wake up."</i>

That is exactly correct.

Obama is fulfilling his promise to the greenies by setting things up to jack the price of oil to the moon.

BTW, does anyone recall what tipped our economy over the abyss? It was $5 a gallon gasoline.

Guess what's going to happen this time around?

19. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

What is the top export of the United States?

20. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Hey timberfaller, Hows that spotted owl workin out for ya? Knowing your line of work, I'm asking politely. 20 years gone and the industry is in the toilet around here. Fake environmentlism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.