1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The President of the NRA does CNN

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by g7777777, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

He did a great job- in fact great is underplaying how he did sitting right in the den of liberals trying to truck him up -- light years better than Wayne- has a lot of contacts and could explain his position

It does sound like the NRA might be for closing gunshow loopholes

They also are for identifying people with mental issues that shouldn't own guns

He explained what they weren't for and why

He did a good job and the CNN people were respectful

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

You have a problem with Wayne??

Why?

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Just what are the gun show loopholes? Every gunshow I've been to you still had to have a background check to purchase a firearm.

All firearms I've sold face to face I requried a purchase permit or a Carry permint and a photo ID.

4. g7777777

Gun show loopholes are where two guys have tables next to each other

They have the same selection of used weapons on the table

One guy is an FFL dealer and has to run a firearms check on each purchase( really not a background check but rather a data base check)

The other guy sells triple what his neighbor sells- he doesn't run any checks because he isn't equipped to do so and doesn't have an FFL that requires him to do so

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Gene, If it's not a background check what is it? Also why do some get turned down, some with delays and some can take them right away after it's called in?

Also who do they call? Somebody on here must be a ffl who can answer these questions. Regards, Bill

6. g7777777

Its a simple compilation of an incomplete crime data base and some other additions put in

Many states enter little if anything depending on funding and who is the data entry decision maker

The military often takes 2 months to 2 years to do a background check---

This checking of electrons hardly qualifies as a background check in that comparison and takes seconds usually

You can get put on hold for someone having a similar name but a different address--- etc

Regards from Iowa

Gene

7. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

The "gun show loophole" is a red herring thrown out there to hide the real intent of the proponents. It is really a prohibition of any sale of firearms between two individuals. Do they really think that requiring YOU to go to a dealer to get a background check before you buy a trap gun from a fellow shooter at your local club will prevent crime? What do proponents of any of this proposed "gun control" cite as evidence that it will reduce crime? A three year study by the University of Massachusetts funded by The National Institute of Justice stated:

"We conclude that the probable benefits of stricter gun controls (itself a highly nebulous concept) in terms of crime reduction are at best uncertain and worst close to nil, and that most such measures would pose rather high social costs."

The current rush for gun control is based on false, misleading and disingenious suppositions. It is "feel good" legislation for some and a means to achieve a long held goal of the leftists in this country to destroy the Constitution.

8. morepowder

morepowder TS Member

You silly people...It is all about having to go to a gun dealer to do a transaction so they can tax each and every sale. Same as the do cars and REGISTER them.

9. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Interesting....many times I have crossed swords with Brian in Oregon and many others that hate the NRA and who support POLITICALLY IMPOTENT, MARGINAL, SPLINTER PRO-GUN GROUPS (you know who you are!).....

The fact of the matter is that the NRA is front and center defending the rights of us gun owners and it is FEARED by the Red State Democrats coming up for re-election...

It is the NRA....Brian....the NRA...front and center...the one organization that is feared by the anti-gunners....

Join the NRA.....Hang together or hang separately!

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Gene,

Amazing that Wayne made no mention of anything close to the asinine ideas such as you have suggested. You want to know why? Because the NRA is not about giving away our rights or adding restrictions for legal gun owners the way you and smsnyder suggest. With guys like you on our side, who needs anti-gun enemies. We need the NRA more now than ever. This is the last "Straw".

11. g7777777

gotrain

First I have been an NRA member since age 6 so I kind of have an idea who holds what position in the NRA== you are misinformed

Wayne isn't the president of the NRA and he has blown his new media appearances in varying degrees over the last two months

This was the actual President of the NRA tonight--on CNN

I have no idea what you are complaining about gotrain-- I am just reporting what happened but frankly it never has made any sense to me to see two guys each with a table side by side and one guy checks the data base for each weapons sale and the other guy doesn't--- how is that right? by the way- look at some of those types that migrate to the table where the guy doesn't do a check-

Regards from Iowa

Gene

12. grntitan

Chesty,

I said nothing about background checks nor did I say Wayne was the president of the NRA. What I was referring to was your asinine ideas of the only person who could own certain guns would be if they served in the Military. That kind of silly talk is right in line with the what the anti's want. Since you mentioned back ground checks, I have no problem of them doing background checks for gun purchases as long as its done in a reasonable time frame. I by no means think we should be subjected to the requirements of Class III weapons to own a semi- auto rifle such as an AR 15. They need to enforce the laws currently on the books and quit the attempts to further penalize the legal gun owners.

13. g7777777

gotrain I never stated any of those things- you are making things up and or delusional

I said everyone should have to pass a training class before you could purchase an AR or AK type weapon but that honorably discharged military and LEOs would be exempt

Or everyone in the future should have a universal service obligation to the nation-

I never said any of the things you claim- it is you who makes stuff up or cant understand it or has delusions about being exposed- not me- find anywhere where I stated what you claim- it doesn't exist

And yes you did confuse the president of the NRA with Wayne-

Regards from Iowa

Gene

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Gene, Got news for ya....You are not always right.

We need to worry more about Shawniqua's druggy hubby selling his stolen 9mm to Jerome next door, than any "gun show loophole".

Do you have stats on this gun show loophole? How many crimes are committed with firearms bought through this loophole? Name a legit source.

My old man use to take his gun on the school bus and the driver kept it till he got out of school. The bus driver then dropped him off at the corner so he could hunt on the way home.

What changed? The gun or the people? When the Henry rifle was introduced it was probably an assault rifle too.

Our morals, ethics, and social drug/remedy issues are more of a problem than our ARs.

15. grntitan

You live in denial Geno. I sure hope Legal Eagle is more sane than your persona here.

16. Mapper

Mapper Member

GN seven seven's argument is thwarted by me. I was a sworn police officer and I have never held an AR-15 in my hands. I know how they work, but have 0 experience with one. After 3+ years I went to work for the Federal government, so I naturally resigned. I do have some experience with an M-1, both rifle and carbine,will that allow me to have a mouse rifle? How about a Springfield, Krag, Mauser, 1917 Enfield?

17. g7777777

Duh twins--trapshooterDD22 and Setterperson

Well its not my idea- but it makes common sense -- why regulate one mass quantity sales guy on one table and not the next table down--- DUH

DUH

DUH

BTW 85 percent of Americans are for this-and 12 percent don't care which leaves 3 percent that apparently are against it or cant read well enough to comprehend it- is that the category you twins fall into?

Regards and good morning from Iowa

Try to stay on track you guys

Gene

18. johnboy

johnboy Member

With the gunshow loophole, it seems to me that gun shows would be a magnet to people who want to buy guns without any paper work for whatever the reason.

19. J.Fred.Muggs

J.Fred.Muggs TS Member

The President was well spoken and helped our cause.

Pierre is belligerent, abrasive, and offends many we need on our side. NRA and shooters would be better served he said less and stayed off TV.

20. spritc

spritc Active Member

Gene and others, None of what you propose will keep the two guys from going out to the parking lot and exchanging money for a gun. Therefore a gun show loophole will never be plugged, at least in that manner. When I sell a firearm to another individual FTF, I always require a bill of sale, a drivers license, a CCW, if applicable, a working phone number and their current address. That bill of sale goes into a file in my safe and will stay there until I die. I personally would like to see anyone setting-up to sell multiple guns at a gun show to be an FFL, who is required to do the NICS check before selling a gun. I am not for limiting the rights of a lawful individual to own whatever firearm they can/want to legally own. Requiring someone to take some insignificant course in order to own an AR or AK is ludicrous. It wouldn't have stopped any of the murders and would only require legal owners to jump through other hoops.

I'm guessing Gene doesn't own an AR or AK and may be afraid of them?

Remember what you write on the internet, others can read and if you're for gun control you're on the wrong site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.