1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The power of Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by grntitan, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I was cleaning up some stuff in the attic and found something i had forgot about. On April 19, 1996 a tornado took the roof off of my dads woodworking buisness. Out back was a large wood pile for his wood burning stove. This picture is of a log from that wood pile with a piece of the metal roof firmly embedded in this log. You can't budge this metal at all. It is as if the wood opened up and the metal went in and then closed. To me its an amazing example of what Mother Nature is capable of. We saved this piece and my dad branded a little plaque to remember the date. Anyway just thought i'd share. Hope the pics do it justice.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

And the likes of Al Gore think we can change the weather or do things that affect it!!

4. RJ

RJ TS Member

Many years ago when I was a Kid we were out on one of my Grandfathers farms and a Tornado came rippin through. After things got settled down we all went out checkin out the damage. I jumped on the little Massy and headed out to where the cattle were and came upon our big oak tree with a heffers head sticking through it. Not a fun sight to have seen at the tender age of 8. It picled the chicken koop up and just turned it around. Not a shingle on it was damaged. Didn't even loose any of the chickens. Just lost the heffer. Straw was sticking straight out from the side of another oak. Just like someone was playing darts. (Rich.inAZ.orinnameonly)

5. twotimer

twotimer Member

Wow! that chunk of wood looks like it would make a great stock! Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.