1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The Posting Police

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chugiakshooter, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Come on does this site really need all this BS about posting in the right place.

2. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

YES for those who have nothing to do with their days....

3. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

It helps the readers more than anything else.

4. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Not to sound dumb or anything but what is a chugiak? Or is it a place?

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Oh my god ... you ended a question with a period. The site is endangered! I'm filing a report right now .....

But really, I agree with you Chugiak, its a bunch of BS.

6. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Chugiak......as in Alaska.

7. psfive

psfive Member

A city / town / place where people live, in Alaska. Paul in Nebraska.

8. steveziv

steveziv Member

The fact that posts are divided into one of a handful of categories is probably the only user friendly feature of this forum. Clicking a box when creating a new post is a small price to pay for this convenience.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

When you emailed David the site owner what did he say? You did ask the guy that made the rules what he thought right?

He made the categories so TS.COM users don't have to sift through subjects they are not interested in. When you post in the wrong section, it totally defeats that purpose. If you will notice at the bottom of every page there is a notice. It reads:

"Remember the use of this site is a privilege not a right"

It basically means, Do what you want but when the owner or mods decide you can't follow simple rules, then you don't get to post anymore. Trust me when I say I have been reminded of this on several occasions from the both the mods and owner. Why risk it?

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

They went to the moon! You just stare at it...

11. plinker611

plinker611 Member

i like the catagories,it was intended to keep things in order..but then you have those that like to disrupt order,or those that are rebels that dont like rules,or those that are too simple minded to follow rules..... witch catagorie do you fall in???,mark

12. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

The categories are there for a reason, so that this forum is not a complete mess. The labels, explanations and pop-up warnings are BEYOND clear. So what is it such a problem for people to select the correct box for their post???

13. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I remember when there were no categories, I don't think the forum is any better with them. I don't use the category view and would wager most don't either. It' easy for me to pass by something I don't want to read and I always look who started it which is a good decider too.

14. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I guess it's the right thing to do but if somebody makes a mistake, do they really need to go into complete meltdown?

But I do have a question, how do you get to view the different categories?

I've hit the view categories thing, and it just sends me right back to where I was with all categories showing

Do I need to flash my top secret security clearance?

15. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

+1 for structure!

+1for categories!

16. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

grntitan : Wow : You are right, do you mean it seperates the "diapers or depends" from the rest of us. Not really but it sounded like it.

CM

17. BD457

BD457 Member

The rules aren't REALLY meant for anybody, they're just guidelines right? Just post what you want where you want. It's just like on the trap field, just shoot when you want, stand on whatever yard line you want.

18. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Personally I liked it when David instituted the category feature, plus as noted above I can check to see who started the post. There are some I've learned not to bother reading. Ross Puls

19. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Aaahhh back in the day when there were no categories and it was one for all, all for one. Life was simple. David done good when he created this site and/but everyone got along and immensly enjoyed the view here. But then the suburbanites and all their schooling and meticulous ways found the site. Us poor ole dumbaz$ rednecks that were so stupid that if we didn't want to view something just up and didn't click on it were dated. We had to learn us the big city ways and showed how ignorant we were.

It ain't David's fault! Don't ever blame him for the change. Heck, heard he was under inditement for not haven them certain places for things that matter. Its even said that ole Arnold himself was gonna pull a Conan on him if he didn't straighten er up!

20. psfive

psfive Member

OK, since I was lashed for my post. I would like to know which catagory should have THE DEBUTANTE HUNTERS have been posted in. I would really like to know what everyone even the owner and the mods think.

I thought I picked the correct one. There is a chance that I was wrong. There is also a chance I was not. Either way I want to know. So lets hear it. Make it loud and CLEAR.

This way the new posters will not irritate anyone from hear on out. Ban me I'll go quietly and never look back.

Paul in Nebraska!!! What a bunch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.