1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

The pleasures of being retired....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by starship, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starship

starship TS Member

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting. Well, for example, the other day I went downtown and went into a shop. I was only in there for about 5 minutes and when I came out there was a cop writing out a parking ticket. I went up to him and said, "Come on, man, how about giving a retired person a break"? He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. I called him a "Nazi." He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires. So I called him a "doughnut eating Gestapo." He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote. Personally, I didn't care. I came downtown on the bus and the car that he was putting the tickets on had a bumper sticker that said "Hillary in '08."
    I try to have a little fun each day now that I'm retired. It's important to my health.

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Hillary is HOT ! ! !

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It's not easy being retired. No vacation days, no sick days, no personal days, no blood days, no terminal leave days off, it's hard to find time to get anything done when you're retired. HMB

4. GRR

GRR TS Member

Lumper... If you think Hillary is HOT, I sure hope you don't shoot with those glasses.

5. finger

finger TS Member

Worst part of being retired is no weekends. They are just like the other five. Best part is having every day be a weekend if you want. bob finger

6. trap junkie

trap junkie TS Member

When people ask me what retirement is like, I say it's like being 10 years old and in the first week of summer vacation. Jim

7. 525rick

525rick TS Member

Every day is a Saturday.

8. Pukey Stagg

Pukey Stagg TS Member

I retired at an early age. Worried some about having enough to keep me busy.
    I should not have worried after all. I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night only half done.

Pukey

9. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Starship.....Your a a retired idiot! If you really actually did what you said you did and I had been the cop, I would have locked your smart ass up!

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Hipshot, I think you'd have a tough time in court if you locked him up for having a sense of humor. You mihgt wnat to see if you can get one

11. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Hipshot I like you . You remind me of when I was young and stupid .

12. crusha

crusha TS Member

Ace (Hipshot),

Put the bullet back in your pocket, Barney Fife.

It was a f_ckin' JOKE.

13. starship

starship TS Member

Hey hipshot you really really do need to schedule that Optirectomy operation.

The purpose of this operation is to sever the cord that connects your eyes to your rectum and hopefully get rid of your shi**y outlook on life.

It's got to be tough being the smartest hammer in the box and everything you come in contact with is a nail. Lighten up and try to enjoy life for a change.

14. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

What Starship posted was posted on here once before several years ago but I don't recall if it was a Hillary bumper sticker or some other flaming lib.

15. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

It was posted by Jeb on Nov. 13, 2006

Tom

16. lumper

lumper TS Member

I know that the subject line says "The pleasures of being retired...." but after now reading this thread all I can see "The pleasures of being retarded...."

17. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Being retired means I can spend more time on Trapshooters.com. Oh well! I guess I better find something to do. What day is it , anyway?

18. lumper

lumper TS Member

Today is tomorrow of yesterday ... does that answer your question?

19. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I found something to do. Went out and shot 50 singles and 50 handycap. Now I'm back here. Wo! I better find something else to do, I'm becomming addicted to TS.com.

20. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Starship......my apologies! It sounded real to me! Sorry!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.